Why Even Pre-tribbers Need To Prepare!

Violette

Star
All Christians must go through tribulation

Acts 14:22

Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

The dispute is whether or not this great tribulation is God's wrath. I don't personally believe they are. We are always going through tribulation, but for us in Canada and the US, it is a very mild tribulation. We are very spoiled compared to others who are not as fortunate and this is why I cannot believe in the American Pre-trib.
I think it's pretty apparent from the context of the verse that tribulation in that verse is referring to suffering. We do all go through trials and tribulations testing our faith before we enter the kingdom of heaven. Americans are very spoiled and we will be destroyed probab sooner than later. Our government is so evil.

Tatilina

Star
1 Thessalonians 5:9 is a referencing a book, chapter and verse. Thessalonians is the book, 5 is the chapter and 9 is the verse, do you understand?

This is quoting scripture

1 Thessalonians 5:9New King James Version (NKJV)
9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
I'm pretty sure Cajun mistook what you said

Christians will not suffer the wrath that is to come because of God's character. The suffering during the tribulation will be worse than anything we could anticipate for. God spared Lot before destroying Sodom and Gomorrah, He spared Noah before the flood, and I am confident He will spare us before the tribulation.
For 1 Thessalonians 5:9 because your words, were right under it. I HOPE that clears up any MISUNDERSTANDING. :)

Violette

Star
This is a bible verse? Is this 1 Thessalonians 5:9?

Not it is not, this is
9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

I said that referenced the BOOK, CHAPTER AND VERSE, not the actual scripture. You didn't quote the exact scripture, that's ALL I was saying.
Cajun asked what version I used so I answered. I think it's easy to understand what part is scripture and what are my words after I quoted the scripture.

Violette

Star
1 Thessalonians 5:9 is a referencing a book, chapter and verse. Thessalonians is the book, 5 is the chapter and 9 is the verse, do you understand?

This is quoting scripture

I'm pretty sure Cajun mistook what you said

For 1 Thessalonians 5:9 because your words, were right under it. I HOPE that clears up any MISUNDERSTANDING. :)
I see, I didn't realize she misunderstood me

Thunderian

Superstar
So if it didn't happen to you it didn't happen?
That's not what I'm saying. But I've been going to pre-trib churches for most of my church-going life and reading articles and listening to sermons about that stance for 20 years, and I have never heard anyone suggesting that anyone's view of the Rapture should be a litmus test of any kind. If people do use someone's view of the Rapture as a test, it's not a prevalent thing or I'm pretty sure I would have run into it.

Most teachers and pastors I've listened to take the view that good men and woman of God can disagree on this issue and still be in fellowship with each other. I used to be a regular poster on a pre-trib board which was open to people with any point of view, and the worst thing I ever heard a pre-tribber say to someone who wasn't was, "We'll explain on the way up." :)

You, on the other hand, have posted two threads here that specifically call out the pre-tribbers, in one of them calling it heresy. If anyone is causing division over this issue, it's you.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
I always wonder why those who aren't pre-trib are so against the view? I mean, almost every article I read about the pre-wrath/post-trib/mid-trib/whatever view spends the bulk of their words making fun of pre-tribbers and telling everyone how stupid that stance is.

Read a pre-trib article, and you'll find that generally they are filled with scriptural arguments FOR the pre-trib view, rather than pages about how idiotic the other views are. I wonder why that is.
In pre-trib eschatology, there would be left-behind "Christians" because they are too fleshy.

What if we are not "good enough" to be raptured?
That's the problem.

Thunderian

Superstar
In pre-trib eschatology, there would be left-behind "Christians" because they are too fleshy.

What if we are not "good enough" to be raptured?
That's the problem.
There is no such thing in pre-trib doctrine as a left-behind Christian. If you are saved, you get raptured, no matter how fleshy.

I can see how a person who doesn't believe in eternal security could resent the idea of a pre-trib rapture because they don't believe they qualify, but I can guarantee you that this is not part of Bible-based, pre-trib doctrine. You are working under false assumptions.

Are you guys all sure you understand the pre-trib view? There is a lot of bad information on this thread.

cajun

Established
We understand it completely. Pre-Tribbers don't have to worry about a thing and we're all going to Hell. Yup. Got it.

Thunderian

Superstar
We understand it completely. Pre-Tribbers don't have to worry about a thing and we're all going to Hell. Yup. Got it.
Do you think that pre-tribbers believe that only pre-tribbers will be raptured?