why Christians reject Roman Catholic church

monkeylove

Rookie
Clearly there is a sense in which the Bible doesn’t choose itself. Think perhaps instead of biographies of Winston Churchill. Those closest to the man would be relied on more as authorities after the event, but unauthorised hacks would still try to make a quick profit on shocking new exposees. If this had got out of hand, in the interests of true history, a working group might have eventually convened to sift out the inaccurate accounts.
No need to refer to biographies. Just consider the point that the same Tradition attacked by Biblical Christianity was responsible for selecting the books that would make up the basis of Biblical Christianity.

monkeylove

Rookie
You keep repeating that same lie over and over, as if your incessant repeating of it will somehow make it true.

It won't.

What repeating that obvious lie will do is earn you a place in The Fire on Judgment Day (Rev. 21:8), which is exactly where the pope and ALL of his followers WILL find themselves unless they repent of their evil ways (Rev. 18:4) and return to God and His Law (Mal. 4).

Per Revelation 5, please see: The King of kings' Bible
- the only Bible that will survive the apocalypse, edited by the King of kings and Lord of lords (Rev. 19:11-16), as should be self-evident from its title.
Proves my point: Biblical Christianity is based on the assumption that the selection of books that would make up the Bible took place without human beings involved. LOL.

monkeylove

Rookie
Something i meant to post days earlier but forgot, is that the fact that some of the stories from the book of Genesis (like the Flood) appear in "mythology" from other cultures is not proof the Bible is false - if anything, they prove the Bible RIGHT. Yes, even if these stories from other cultures date "earlier" than the Bible.

The books of Moses (Genesis thru Deutoronomy) were not written until millennia after the events from the early part of Genesis took place. Creation was not contemporary to the writing of scripture. Neither was the Flood and Noah's ark, or the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah during Abraham's time. If these other cultures have stories that echo these stories from the Bible it would be because their own ancestors lived them. Abraham himself came from Mesopotamia (Ur of the Chaldees).

However, once God established the seed of Abraham (through Isaac and Jacob/Israel) He did NOT say for God's people to go mingle with the pagans and adopt their customs and worship their gods and goddesses.
Not only that. Look up the sources of demons and angels, the hierarchy of angels, the idea of the "el satan," and more.

The point is not to show that the Bible is false but that Biblical Christianity, which implies that there's no human agency involved in not only the influences of Scriptures but even the selection of works (e.g., four Gospels because there are four winds), makes no sense.

A Freeman

Superstar
A brief list of some of the countless LIES told and promoted by the Roman Catholic church:-

- Peter is the alleged “Rock” of the church (1 Cor. 10:4);

- Peter allegedly visited Rome (Matt. 10:6, Gal. 2:7-9);

- Peter allegedly died on an inverted cross instead of from old age (John 21:18);

- Peter allegedly was buried in Rome, a city he never visited, instead of in Jerusalem, where his tomb was found in 1953;

- the papal line is allegedly the apostolic succession from Peter, who was never a pope and never visited Rome (Matt. 10:6);

- the papal line allegedly existed prior to the 4th century, when Constantine became the first “bishop of bishops”, i.e. the first pope;

- the papacy is allegedly representative of God or of Christ (1 Tim. 2:5, Heb. 6:20);

- the papacy is allegedly God’s authority on Earth, when God calls the pope the “son of the destroyer” (2 Thess. 2:3-12);

- the pope falsely (and blasphemously) claims to be “the Holy Father” (John 17:11, 2 Thess. 2:4);

- the pope falsely (and blasphemously) claims to be infallible (Matt. 19:17);

- the pope falsely claims to the “the vicar (substitute) for the Son of God” (vicarius filii dei – see Matt. 23:8-10, Mark 9:7, John 10:1-18, 1 Tim. 2:5, Heb. 6:20, Rev. 5:1-5);

- like the pope, the Roman Catholic priests falsely claim it’s okay to call them God (Father) too (Matt. 6:9, Matt. 23:9);

- the Roman Catholic church (RCC) falsely claims that Christ-mass is allegedly the birthday of Jesus, instead of the birthday of Nimrod and the pagan Yuletide/Saturnalia;

- the RCC falsely claims that Friday night to early Sunday morning is somehow 3 days and 3 nights;

- the RCC falsely claims that the ONE True God is really three, but not three, and really one but not one, i.e. a “trinity” just like their Babylonian ancestors taught (Deut. 6:4, Mark 12:29, John 14:28, John 17:3, John 20:17 among hundreds of other verses which prove the “trinity” is an obvious LIE)

- the RCC falsely claims that it’s okay for their priests to r*pe nuns (Deut. 22:25);

- the RCC falsely claims that it’s okay for their priests to commit adultery (Exod. 20:14);

- the RCC falsely claims that it’s okay for their priests to be homosexuals (Lev. 18:22, Lev. 20:13, Matt. 5:17-20);

- the RCC falsely claims that it’s okay for their priests to be paedophiles (Matt. 18:6);

- the RCC falsely claims that Mary was a perpetual virgin, despite the Bible telling us that Jesus was the only supernatural birth, and that she had at least 7 children (Mark 6:3);

- the RCC falsely claims that Mary is a second mediator between God and men (1 Tim. 2:5);

- the RCC falsely claims that Mary was without sin (Matt. 19:17);

- the RCC falsely claims that Mary ascended to heaven (John 3:13);

- the RCC falsely and blasphemously claims that Mary is the alleged “mother of God” (Mark 3:35) and thus the alleged “queen of heaven” (Jer. 44:17-25);

- the RCC falsely claims that it chose/selected the books of the Bible that would be “canonized” (2 Pet. 1:20-21)*

*Note: the Greek Septuagint, often abbreviated as the LXX, was translated into the Greek language at the request of Ptolemy II Philadelphus (285–247 BCE) by seventy-two Biblical scholars from the 12 tribes of Israel, as recorded in the Letter of Aristeas, thus predating Roman Catholicism by over 500 years.

The Hebrew word “Satan” means “the Opposer” in English, because Satan always teaches the exact opposite of what God and Christ teach.

How long would YOU employ someone who always did and taught the OPPOSITE of what you COMMANDED them to do, thereby calling YOU a LIAR? Certainly NOT for 1700 years!

This is exactly why Christ condemned the Roman Catholic church and all of its followers (Rev. 2:20-23) unless they truly repent (stop sinning – 1 John 3:4) and come out of that evil organization (Rev. 18:4).

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with Fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
There are seven Sacraments:
Baptism
Eucharist
Confirmation
Penance, also called Confession and Reconciliation
Anointing of the Sick, formerly called Extreme Unction and Last Sacraments
Holy Orders
Matrimony
The “do” or the “done” plan

courtesy of The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel…

“…Every other faith system I studied during my investigation was based on the “do” plan. In other words, it was necessary for people to do something—for example, use a Tibetan prayer wheel, pay alms, go on pilgrimages, undergo reincarnations, work off karma from past misdeeds, reform their character—to try to somehow earn their way back to God. Despite their best efforts, lots of sincere people just wouldn’t make it.”

“Christianity is unique. It’s based on the “done” plan—Jesus has done for us on the cross what we cannot do for ourselves: he has paid the death penalty that we deserve for our rebellion and wrongdoing, so we can become reconciled with God. I didn’t have to struggle and strive to try to do the impossible of making myself worthy. Over and over the Bible says that Jesus offers forgiveness and eternal life as a free gift that cannot be earned (see Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:8–9; Titus 3:5). It’s called grace—amazing grace, unmerited favor. It’s available to anyone who receives it in a sincere prayer of repentance. Even someone like me.”

“Yes, I had to take a step of faith, as we do in every decision we make in life. But here’s the crucial distinction: I was no longer trying to swim upstream against the strong current of evidence; instead I was choosing to go in the same direction that the torrent of facts was flowing. That was reasonable, that was rational, that was logical. What’s more, in an inner and inexplicable way, it was also what I sensed God’s Spirit was nudging me to do.”

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
If everything's already been done, then why did Christ emphasis the critically important need to overcome (the self) to avoid the penalty of The Fire (the second death)?

(Rev. 2:7, 2:11, 2:17, 2:26-28, 3:5, 3:12, 3:21, 21:7)

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the communities; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the Tree of Life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the communities; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death (The Fire).

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the communities; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden Manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a NEW name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth [it].

Revelation 2:26-28
2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
2:28 And I will give him the Morning Star.

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before His angels.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in The Temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] New Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my NEW name.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in My Throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in His Throne.

Revelation 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My (adopted) son.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
…even the selection of works (e.g., four Gospels because there are four winds), makes no sense.
the four directions of the Jews travelling in the wilderness…

FA9C8462-0E5E-4344-8251-EC75573E75E5.jpeg

Each of Ezekiel's cherubim have four faces, that of a man, a lion, an ox, and an eagle.

In Revelation 4:6–8, four living beings (Greek: ζῷον, zōion) are seen in John's vision. These appear as a lion, an ox, a man, and an eagle,

Question.
Do the four Gospels bring out different aspects of Jesus? Do they relate to the four figures of man, ox, eagle and man?

Last edited:

Shuna

Star

View attachment 83483

Each of Ezekiel's cherubim have four faces, that of a man, a lion, an ox, and an eagle.

In Revelation 4:6–8, four living beings (Greek: ζῷον, zōion) are seen in John's vision. These appear as a lion, an ox, a man, and an eagle,

Question.
Do the four Gospels bring out different aspects of Jesus? Do they relate to the four figures of man, ox, eagle and man?
What is ironic is that the cross forms a square when closed. The square/cube represents the earth. The cubic form represents the physique, the human body, and the act of Man who builds/designs straight constructions more easily than curved ones. The spheres represent her, that which is celestial.

And speaking of Levi, of the heart, I found this link, I don't know if it's serious, but I found it interesting:
SATURN (adobe.com)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What is ironic is that the cross forms a square when closed. The square/cube represents the earth. The cubic form represents the physique, the human body, and the act of Man who builds/designs straight constructions more easily than curved ones. The spheres represent her, that which is celestial.

And speaking of Levi, of the heart, I found this link, I don't know if it's serious, but I found it interesting:
SATURN (adobe.com)
Almost as though two competing storytellers are taking up the facts and composing their own masterpieces?

Shuna

Star
Almost as though two competing storytellers are taking up the facts and composing their own masterpieces?
Good question, I have a feeling that's it. Just like the Legends and Stories have the same scenario, even if, the accounts represent the alchemy... But yes, it repeats...

Elsbet's Ire

Rookie
If everything's already been done, then why did Christ emphasis the critically important need to overcome (the self) to avoid the penalty of The Fire (the second death)?

(Rev. 2:7, 2:11, 2:17, 2:26-28, 3:5, 3:12, 3:21, 21:7)

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the communities; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the Tree of Life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the communities; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death (The Fire).

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the communities; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden Manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a NEW name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth [it].

Revelation 2:26-28
2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
2:28 And I will give him the Morning Star.

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before His angels.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in The Temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] New Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my NEW name.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in My Throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in His Throne.

Revelation 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My (adopted) son.
Well... what it means to "overcome"* ought to be properly defined, first.
* For those who "hath an ear," that is.

1 John 5:4-5

For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world.​
And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.​
Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?​
•••
Then Jesus, Himself, declares---

It is finished,” (or accomplished)
and he bowed his head and​
gave up his spirit.​

This is all pretty straightforward.
I don't see anything about "overcoming the self."
...​
Even in the OT, it was about faith... take Abraham:

Romans 4:21-22
He was fully convinced that what God promised he was also able to do.​
So indeed it (his faith) was credited to Abraham as righteousness.​
vv. 23-25
But the words “it was counted to him” were not written for his sake alone, but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.​

Elsbet's Ire

Rookie
... some of the stories from the book of Genesis (like the Flood) appear in "mythology" from other cultures is not proof the Bible is false - if anything, they prove the Bible RIGHT. Yes, even if these stories from other cultures date "earlier" than the Bible.
Agreed... it really does.

What passes for the "news," even today, is aired from multiple resources.
(At least, it should be.)

-.-

A Freeman

Superstar
Well... what it means to "overcome"* ought to be properly defined, first.
* For those who "hath an ear," that is.

1 John 5:4-5

For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world.​
And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.​
Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?​
•••
Then Jesus, Himself, declares---

It is finished,” (or accomplished)
and he bowed his head and​
gave up his spirit.​

This is all pretty straightforward.
I don't see anything about "overcoming the self."
...​
Even in the OT, it was about faith... take Abraham:

Romans 4:21-22
He was fully convinced that what God promised he was also able to do.​
So indeed it (his faith) was credited to Abraham as righteousness.​
vv. 23-25
But the words “it was counted to him” were not written for his sake alone, but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.​
Why tell us we need to crucify our "self" daily then if it isn't something that we need to overcome every day?
(Matt. 10:38, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23, Luke 14:26-27, Gal. 2:20).

Matthew 10:37-38
10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter (or anyone or anything) more than me is not worthy of me.
10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
10:40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth Him that sent me.
10:41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

Mark 8:34-35
8:34 And when he had called the people [unto him] with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny his "Self", and take up his cross, and follow me.
8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Luke 9:23-27
9:23 And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
9:25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

Luke 14:26-27
14:26 If any [man] come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own (human) life also, he can NOT be my disciple.
14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, can NOT be my disciple.

Galatians 2:20 My "Self" is crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I (the "Self"), but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

There is no way to be born again from above and thereby overcome the world without overcoming the "self", which is of this world:-

1 John 3:8-13
3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the Beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever DOETH NOT righteousness is NOT of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the Beginning (Alpha), that we should love one another.
3:12 Not as Cain, [who] was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And why slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

Not only that. Look up the sources of demons and angels, the hierarchy of angels, the idea of the "el satan," and more.

The point is not to show that the Bible is false but that Biblical Christianity, which implies that there's no human agency involved in not only the influences of Scriptures but even the selection of works (e.g., four Gospels because there are four winds), makes no sense.
The post you quoted was not meant to debate Biblical Christianity vs church fathers.

It was meant to explain why the existence of mythology throughout the world does not mean the Bible copied them, but rather that the events predate the actual writing of scripture.

There are people who will believe just about anything over the Bible, and one of the reasons i've often seen mentioned (and was taught myself when i took ancient history at the college level) is the existence of very similar stories in mythology. While it is often repeated that these stories were written before the Bible, it is not clarified or mentioned that the events also took place long before even the earliest books of the Bible were written.

monkeylove

Rookie

View attachment 83483

Question.
You're missing the point: the other arguments were one Gospel, two Gospels, and three. I'll let you figure out the reasons for each of the three arguments.

Question.
This reminds me of something i had read in one of my Bible commentaries, which unfortunately i can't find right now, that discussed four different aspects of Christ as told theough the different gospels. It is similar to what this article says.

The four gospels are four different, supplemental accounts of the life of Jesus Christ. In them, Jesus has four different capacities. We are going to study these different presentations of Jesus in the four gospels and their significance to us.

MatthewChrist as a Jew. This gospel starts with Christ’s genealogy from Abraham the father of the Jews and ends with his resurrection. Salvation is of the Jews [Jn 4:22]. The resurrection of the dead is the hope of Israel [Acts 23:6; 24:14-15; 28:20; Ezek 37:1-14]. Because Israel rejected Jesus as their Messiah, we were graft in contrary to nature [Rom 11] and have taken part in God’s promise to Israel [Eph 2:12-22]. Therefore, we are going to rise again like Jesus did [1 Cor 15] and have part of his inheritance with him [Rom 8:17] while Israel keeps the inheritance promised to her.

MarkChrist as God’s servant. This gospel doesn’t present a genealogy for Jesus. This gospel begins with John the Baptist heralding Jesus Christ and it ends with Christ’s ascension. At Christ’s ascension, Jesus had completed all that God had given him to do on earth. The significance for you and me is that now we are the ones through whom the Lord does his work on earth. We are to serve him and through us he accomplishes greater works than he did when he was physically on earth in his ministry [Jn 14:12]. Our work begins when we get saved. Remember, you and I will be judged at the judgment seat of Christ [2 Cor 5:10] for the quality of our service [1 Cor 3:11-15].

LukeChrist as the Son of man. This gospel begins with the birth of Christ and includes the genealogy of Jesus from Adam. It ends with the disciples in Jerusalem waiting for Pentecost. Because Jesus came as the Son of man, he was able to fulfill the righteousness of the law and he was able to be the propitiation for our sins [Rom 3:24-26]. The significance of this gospel ending at Pentecost is that at Pentecost the Holy Spirit came to baptize us into the body of Jesus Christ. Therefore, when you receive Jesus, you are a child of God by the new birth. You still occupy a fleshy body just as Jesus was the Son of God in a fleshy body. Because of what Jesus did for us we are no longer in Adam, we are in Christ [1 Cor 15:22].

JohnChrist as the Son of God. This gospel starts in eternity because Jesus has no beginning. This gospel ends with a reference to the rapture. The significance of this gospel is that when you and I receive Jesus we also receive eternal life. So we, like Christ, have a spiritual life without beginning or end. Therefore, when our bodies die, we go right on living [2 Cor 5:8]. And when Jesus returns at the rapture, our bodies rise again to join our eternal souls and spirits to live forever physically and spiritually with God just like his only begotten Son does. So, remember that as a child of God, our spiritual relationship with God and all the things that pertain to it are all that matter [Jn 4:24]. These physical things that so distract us are of virtually no value to God [Col 3:1-3].

monkeylove

Rookie
A brief list of some of the countless LIES told and promoted by the Roman Catholic church:-

- Peter is the alleged “Rock” of the church (1 Cor. 10:4);

- Peter allegedly visited Rome (Matt. 10:6, Gal. 2:7-9);

- Peter allegedly died on an inverted cross instead of from old age (John 21:18);

- Peter allegedly was buried in Rome, a city he never visited, instead of in Jerusalem, where his tomb was found in 1953;

- the papal line is allegedly the apostolic succession from Peter, who was never a pope and never visited Rome (Matt. 10:6);

- the papal line allegedly existed prior to the 4th century, when Constantine became the first “bishop of bishops”, i.e. the first pope;

- the papacy is allegedly representative of God or of Christ (1 Tim. 2:5, Heb. 6:20);

- the papacy is allegedly God’s authority on Earth, when God calls the pope the “son of the destroyer” (2 Thess. 2:3-12);

- the pope falsely (and blasphemously) claims to be “the Holy Father” (John 17:11, 2 Thess. 2:4);

- the pope falsely (and blasphemously) claims to be infallible (Matt. 19:17);

- the pope falsely claims to the “the vicar (substitute) for the Son of God” (vicarius filii dei – see Matt. 23:8-10, Mark 9:7, John 10:1-18, 1 Tim. 2:5, Heb. 6:20, Rev. 5:1-5);

- like the pope, the Roman Catholic priests falsely claim it’s okay to call them God (Father) too (Matt. 6:9, Matt. 23:9);

- the Roman Catholic church (RCC) falsely claims that Christ-mass is allegedly the birthday of Jesus, instead of the birthday of Nimrod and the pagan Yuletide/Saturnalia;

- the RCC falsely claims that Friday night to early Sunday morning is somehow 3 days and 3 nights;

- the RCC falsely claims that the ONE True God is really three, but not three, and really one but not one, i.e. a “trinity” just like their Babylonian ancestors taught (Deut. 6:4, Mark 12:29, John 14:28, John 17:3, John 20:17 among hundreds of other verses which prove the “trinity” is an obvious LIE)

- the RCC falsely claims that it’s okay for their priests to r*pe nuns (Deut. 22:25);

- the RCC falsely claims that it’s okay for their priests to commit adultery (Exod. 20:14);

- the RCC falsely claims that it’s okay for their priests to be homosexuals (Lev. 18:22, Lev. 20:13, Matt. 5:17-20);

- the RCC falsely claims that it’s okay for their priests to be paedophiles (Matt. 18:6);

- the RCC falsely claims that Mary was a perpetual virgin, despite the Bible telling us that Jesus was the only supernatural birth, and that she had at least 7 children (Mark 6:3);

- the RCC falsely claims that Mary is a second mediator between God and men (1 Tim. 2:5);

- the RCC falsely claims that Mary was without sin (Matt. 19:17);

- the RCC falsely claims that Mary ascended to heaven (John 3:13);

- the RCC falsely and blasphemously claims that Mary is the alleged “mother of God” (Mark 3:35) and thus the alleged “queen of heaven” (Jer. 44:17-25);

- the RCC falsely claims that it chose/selected the books of the Bible that would be “canonized” (2 Pet. 1:20-21)*

*Note: the Greek Septuagint, often abbreviated as the LXX, was translated into the Greek language at the request of Ptolemy II Philadelphus (285–247 BCE) by seventy-two Biblical scholars from the 12 tribes of Israel, as recorded in the Letter of Aristeas, thus predating Roman Catholicism by over 500 years.

The Hebrew word “Satan” means “the Opposer” in English, because Satan always teaches the exact opposite of what God and Christ teach.

How long would YOU employ someone who always did and taught the OPPOSITE of what you COMMANDED them to do, thereby calling YOU a LIAR? Certainly NOT for 1700 years!

This is exactly why Christ condemned the Roman Catholic church and all of its followers (Rev. 2:20-23) unless they truly repent (stop sinning – 1 John 3:4) and come out of that evil organization (Rev. 18:4).

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with Fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
All of the points refer to the same Bible that was put together by the Church. LOL.

monkeylove

Rookie
Seems no one wants to talk about the jesuits....
It's probably because the topic of this thread is Biblical Christianity used to prove the RCC wrong. But count on magnificient geniuses in the board to change the topic in order to step up the attack.

monkeylove

Rookie
The “do” or the “done” plan

courtesy of The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel…

“…Every other faith system I studied during my investigation was based on the “do” plan. In other words, it was necessary for people to do something—for example, use a Tibetan prayer wheel, pay alms, go on pilgrimages, undergo reincarnations, work off karma from past misdeeds, reform their character—to try to somehow earn their way back to God. Despite their best efforts, lots of sincere people just wouldn’t make it.”

“Christianity is unique. It’s based on the “done” plan—Jesus has done for us on the cross what we cannot do for ourselves: he has paid the death penalty that we deserve for our rebellion and wrongdoing, so we can become reconciled with God. I didn’t have to struggle and strive to try to do the impossible of making myself worthy. Over and over the Bible says that Jesus offers forgiveness and eternal life as a free gift that cannot be earned (see Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:8–9; Titus 3:5). It’s called grace—amazing grace, unmerited favor. It’s available to anyone who receives it in a sincere prayer of repentance. Even someone like me.”

“Yes, I had to take a step of faith, as we do in every decision we make in life. But here’s the crucial distinction: I was no longer trying to swim upstream against the strong current of evidence; instead I was choosing to go in the same direction that the torrent of facts was flowing. That was reasonable, that was rational, that was logical. What’s more, in an inner and inexplicable way, it was also what I sensed God’s Spirit was nudging me to do.”
The Sacraments are not meant to replace "done".

Good grief.