why Christians reject Roman Catholic church

A Freeman

Superstar
I take it you don’t enjoy exercise??
If one is spiritually fit, the spirit-Being automatically maintains a fit/lean, healthy body (Matt. 6:33).

The body should get ample exercise doing what needs to be done (if it's doing Father's Will), and doesn't need to be taken to the gym, etc.

p.s. reading commentary on this verse, I think this makes perhaps the most sense if it:

“I would say that Paul's emphasis in the cited verse was not speaking of physical training in an absolute sense, but in a comparative sense with what follows it in that verse (that is, godliness or spiritual training).
Physical exercise is beneficial for the human body in this life. However, spiritual training that prepares Christians for the eternal life in God's presence that awaits them after their temporal life on earth will be over is of far greater value, since its benefits will be endless.
This is made clear in multiple translations of this verse that can be found on the biblehub.com website. For example, the English Standard Version expresses it as, "For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."
Thank-you, but this is again someone's personal opinion as to why the Scriptures really don't mean what they say, which one would do well to ignore in favour of asking Father what the verse actually means.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
If one is spiritually fit, the spirit-Being automatically maintains a fit/lean, healthy body (Matt. 6:33).

The body should get ample exercise doing what needs to be done (if it's doing Father's Will), and doesn't need to be taken to the gym, etc.

Thank-you, but this is again someone's personal opinion as to why the Scriptures really don't mean what they say, which one would do well to ignore in favour of asking Father what the verse actually means.
In truth, modern life makes people weak, breathless and podgy. In the first century, the activity required to sustain a livelihood and home would put most gym goers on the floor. A good reason for exercise is to counteract the effects of 21st century living.

Alanantic

Star
Jesus said “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

This was either true or false, and has massive implications either way.

Jesus knows who truly looks to Him and who rejects the cross. I believe anyone reading this will be drawn to His words or repelled by them. This is as it was intended…
“[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. [35] For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.”​
Matthew 10​
Christians are the only people who believe that. It only has massive implications for those.

Lyfe

Star
Christians are the only people who believe that. It only has massive implications for those.
According to the most well known name and influential person this world has ever known, what happens to those who don't believe in his words and receive him?

A Freeman

Superstar
In truth, modern life makes people weak, breathless and podgy.
If one allows their human to control their actions, then that can happen. If, on the other hand, the spirit-Being is in control, Father will provide all the strength one needs for all of the activities He has laid out for one to do. That's the beauty of a truly God-guided Life.

In the first century, the activity required to sustain a livelihood and home would put most gym goers on the floor. A good reason for exercise is to counteract the effects of 21st century living.
Is that a "good" (Godly) reason though or is that just your "self" conning you into contradicting what it says in Scripture (again)?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Is that a "good" (Godly) reason though or is that just your "self" conning you into contradicting what it says in Scripture (again)?
We clearly have a different understanding of biology. Dogs need daily exercise to stay fit, birds spend ages preening their feathers etc. A basic function of living well is regular exercise and its rewards can last a lifetime. Set against this, spiritual exercise is evidently of far greater value as the rewards will last for eternity.

Alanantic

Star
Do you believe Jesus said it?
No. After you've read about Krishna, Lao Tzu, the Buddha, etc. it's obviously not true. Jesus was certainly an "enlightened" being, but not the only one.
According to the most well known name and influential person this world has ever known, what happens to those who don't believe in his words and receive him?
They believe other things and live normal lives.

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” -- Marcus Aurelius

Lyfe

Star
He had enough power to spread his message to the ends of the earth(after being crucified) and generate millions of followers, and you are asserting with total confidence his words are not true? His book and message is everywhere and you are saying there is nothing to his claims about death and the judgment. That's pretty dismissive, no?

Alanantic

Star
He had enough power to spread his message to the ends of the earth(after being crucified) and generate millions of followers, and you are asserting with total confidence his words are not true? His book and message is everywhere and you are saying there is nothing to his claims about death and the judgment. That's pretty dismissive, no?
I believe he did say this, though:

But Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.

Alanantic

Star
But you don't believe he said other things within the Bible,?
Of course, I do. I also know the Bible was "created" by the church. They picked and chose the books that were holy or heresy, and translated them to spin things so the Church was the Provider God appointed to guide mankind; making sure they fit the church's agenda. What else would they do? The point I'm making is that Jesus is not special.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
No. After you've read about Krishna, Lao Tzu, the Buddha, etc. it's obviously not true. Jesus was certainly an "enlightened" being, but not the only one.

They believe other things and live normal lives.

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” -- Marcus Aurelius
Marcus Aurelius on Christians…

Introduction

Introduction
The Emperor Caesar Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, Germanicus, Parthicus, Sarmaticus, to the People of Rome, and to the sacred Senate, greeting!

Circumstances

I explained my plan to you and what advantages I had gained on the borders of Germany after much labor and suffering. Due to the circumstances of this war, I was surrounded by the enemy in Carnuntum. 74 cohorts cut us off from help, being stationed 9 miles off.

Then the scouts pointed out to us that the enemy was at hand. Our general, Pompeianus showed us that a mixed multitude of 977,000 men was closing in on us, which we all could see. I was cut off by this vast host, and I had with me only a battalion composed of the first, tenth, double, and marine legions.

I examined my own position and my army, considered the vast mass of the barbarian enemy, and I quickly betook myself to prayer to the gods of my country. They disregarded me.

So I summoned those among us who go by the name of Christians. After some inquiry, I determined that there was a great number and vast host of them. When they appeared before me, I raged against them.

This was not appropriate, for afterwards I learned their power.

The Christians Go to Battle

They began the battle not by preparing weapons or bugles. Such preparation is hateful to them because of the God they carry around in their conscience. We call them atheists, but it seems that they have a God as their ruling power in their conscience.

Mosaic of Roman battle at Pompeii

I say this because they threw themselves on the ground and prayed not only for me, but for the whole army as it stood, so that they might be delivered from the present thirst and famine. For five days we had gotten no water because there was none. We were in the heart of Germany and in the enemy's territory.

As soon as they threw themselves on the ground and began praying to God—a God of whom I am ignorant—water poured from heaven. On us it was most refreshing and cool, but upon the enemies of Rome it was a withering hail.

We also immediately recognized the presence of a God after their prayer, a God unconquerable and indestructible.

Marcus Aurelius Honors the Christians

Because of this, then, let us pardon such as are Christians, lest they pray for and obtain such a weapon against us! And I counsel that no such person be accused by our courts only on the ground of being a Christian.

If anyone is found laying to the charge of a Christian that he is a Christian, I desire that it be made clear that he who is accused is a Christian. If he acknowledges that he is one and is accused of nothing else, then whoever arraigns him should be burned alive.

I also desire that whoever is entrusted with the government of the province shall not compel the Christian, who confesses and certifies such a matter, to retract.

These things should be confirmed by a decree of the Senate.

I command that this my edict be published in the Forum of Trajan in order that it may be read. The prefect Vitrasius Pollio will also see that it is transmitted to all the provinces round about.

Alanantic

Star
Marcus Aurelius on Christians…

Introduction

Introduction
The Emperor Caesar Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, Germanicus, Parthicus, Sarmaticus, to the People of Rome, and to the sacred Senate, greeting!

Circumstances

I explained my plan to you and what advantages I had gained on the borders of Germany after much labor and suffering. Due to the circumstances of this war, I was surrounded by the enemy in Carnuntum. 74 cohorts cut us off from help, being stationed 9 miles off.

Then the scouts pointed out to us that the enemy was at hand. Our general, Pompeianus showed us that a mixed multitude of 977,000 men was closing in on us, which we all could see. I was cut off by this vast host, and I had with me only a battalion composed of the first, tenth, double, and marine legions.

I examined my own position and my army, considered the vast mass of the barbarian enemy, and I quickly betook myself to prayer to the gods of my country. They disregarded me.

So I summoned those among us who go by the name of Christians. After some inquiry, I determined that there was a great number and vast host of them. When they appeared before me, I raged against them.

This was not appropriate, for afterwards I learned their power.

The Christians Go to Battle

They began the battle not by preparing weapons or bugles. Such preparation is hateful to them because of the God they carry around in their conscience. We call them atheists, but it seems that they have a God as their ruling power in their conscience.

I say this because they threw themselves on the ground and prayed not only for me, but for the whole army as it stood, so that they might be delivered from the present thirst and famine. For five days we had gotten no water because there was none. We were in the heart of Germany and in the enemy's territory.

As soon as they threw themselves on the ground and began praying to God—a God of whom I am ignorant—water poured from heaven. On us it was most refreshing and cool, but upon the enemies of Rome it was a withering hail.

We also immediately recognized the presence of a God after their prayer, a God unconquerable and indestructible.

Marcus Aurelius Honors the Christians

Because of this, then, let us pardon such as are Christians, lest they pray for and obtain such a weapon against us! And I counsel that no such person be accused by our courts only on the ground of being a Christian.

If anyone is found laying to the charge of a Christian that he is a Christian, I desire that it be made clear that he who is accused is a Christian. If he acknowledges that he is one and is accused of nothing else, then whoever arraigns him should be burned alive.

I also desire that whoever is entrusted with the government of the province shall not compel the Christian, who confesses and certifies such a matter, to retract.

These things should be confirmed by a decree of the Senate.

I command that this my edict be published in the Forum of Trajan in order that it may be read. The prefect Vitrasius Pollio will also see that it is transmitted to all the provinces round about.
Yeah, so what? I love my Christian sisters til death. Focus on the point. That which Jesus possessed was within many before him and many since.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Yeah, so what? I love my Christian sisters til death. Focus on the point. That which Jesus possessed was within many before him and many since.
I was rather taken with the idea that this pagan Roman was so moved by the fact that theGod of the Christians was real and is own we’re not that he changed his policy towards them. What you do with that information is up to you.

Alanantic

Star
I was rather taken with the idea that this pagan Roman was so moved by the fact that theGod of the Christians was real and is own we’re not that he changed his policy towards them. What you do with that information is up to you.
As much as you focus on Jesus as a means to an end, he becomes an idol instead of a messenger.

"Don't get attached to what I say, don't get attached to any doctrine, to what I preach; don't get attached to my personality. These are all just fingers pointing to the moon. Forget me, don't start worshiping me; just look at the moon. And once you have looked at the moon, I don't matter at all." -- Buddha

Lyfe

Star
As much as you focus on Jesus as a means to an end, he becomes an idol instead of a messenger.

"Don't get attached to what I say, don't get attached to any doctrine, to what I preach; don't get attached to my personality. These are all just fingers pointing to the moon. Forget me, don't start worshiping me; just look at the moon. And once you have looked at the moon, I don't matter at all." -- Buddha
One may be led to believe you idolize Buddha considering how often you quote him.

JoChris

Superstar
The catholic church made the Bible. Theres also no where in the Bible that says the Christian doctrine is scripture alone, that doesn't stop Protestants from repeating that phrase ad nauseum.
The phrase faith alone is in the Bible however, when James says "not by faith alone"
As you can see by the new (false) doctrines that were introduced over the centuries, the original Catholic Church doesn't exist today.
The Nicene Creed wasn't in the bible either, you have no trouble accepting that clarification.
If a person just reads "by faith you are saved, not by works..." they should be able to see by themselves the unwritten word ONLY after the word faith. It is called reading comprehension.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
I hear you, but the other denominations are not superior in my experience. Lots of adulterers, sodomites and pedoes hiding out in the other denominations-- as well.

If I go to church, I go to a Catholic church. Otherwise, I just don't go.
I usually don't go, but the only denomination that works is a Christian and 'is Bible.
People are sinners, so all different denominations have sinners.
It doesn't mean it is OK for a Christian to go to a church they already know teaches false doctrine. That applies to all different types, I am not singling out the RCC.
E.G. I could not in good conscience go to a Uniting Church in Australia, because they openly support LGBT+. That is directly against what the Bible says.
Unfortunately it is very challenging for many people to find decent local churches today. There is no easy answer there.