What the Bible teaches about the God Head.

A Freeman

Superstar
Jesus Christ is fully divine.

The Bible teaches that Jesus is God (John 1:1), and for Christians, the Bible and the Bible alone is or should be the source of all our teachings and practices (2 Timothy 3:16).

We find evidence for the divine nature of Christ even in the Old Testament.

In one of the most famous messianic prophecies (referring to Jesus as the Messiah), the prophet Isaiah wrote:

“Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel (Isaiah 7:14). The name Immanuel means “God with us.” Here we find one of the first mentions of God being born into humanity.

Many centuries later, the New Testament refers right back to this Old Testament text:

“Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel, which is translated, ‘God with us’” (Matthew 1:23).

Right from the start in the New Testament, Jesus is referred to as God—even as an infant.

In fact, the common Greek word for God in the New Testament is theos. This is where the word theology, which means the study of God, comes from. And many times, Jesus is referred to in the Bible as theos.

For example, when Thomas—who was known as “doubting Thomas”—finally recognized the resurrected Jesus, he cried out to Him, “My Lord and my God [theos](John 20:24-28)! A direct reference to Jesus as God.

The apostle Paul wrote:

“According to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God [theos]. Amen” (Romans 9:5). Paul even quotes the Old Testament in Hebrews 1:8, which also refers to the Son as God:

“But to the Son He says: ‘Your throne, O God [theos], is forever and ever.’” This equates Jesus with God Himself.

The apostle Peter also comments on Jesus as God:

“Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God [theos] and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 1:1).

Jesus is God and Saviour. In fact, the only reason He could even be our Saviour is that He is God.
John 5:30-31
5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the Will of the Father which hath sent me.
5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

phipps

Star
Why Christ’s divinity matters.

The divinity of Christ means that God Himself, not some lower creation, died on the cross for us. And He did this so that as sinners, we could have the promise of eternal life with Him.

This great significance is expressed in verses such as the following:

“But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).

“This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief” (1 Timothy 1:15).

It further demonstrates God’s great love for humanity:

“He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?” (Romans 8:23).

It would have been an infinite humiliation for Him to have merely become a human being. But to offer Himself as a sacrifice for us when He had done no wrong? When He succeeded where we failed? It’s incredible to think about the God of the universe loving us that much.

Christians see the beauty of this love that emanates from the life and sacrifice of Jesus.

Flarepath

Star
The Bible teaches that Jesus is God (John 1:1)...
That's just your interpretation mate, Jesus said plenty of times he WASN'T God, so you'd better argue it out with him when you meet him..:)
Jesus said-
“Why do you call me good?..No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
"I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)
"I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)
"Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." (Luke 23:46)

Flarepath

Star
God Himself, not some lower creation, died on the cross for us.

It's FUNNY (and borderline satanic and blasphemous) for anybody to think God grew up in a carpenters shop making tables, chairs and towel-racks instead of running the universe..:)

A Freeman

Superstar
You just know when someone calls Jesus JAH that they are walking the wrong path.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, where in the bible does it use that term?
Please see the correction you requested below, concerning the NEW NAME that Christ will use during Christ's Second Coming right before Judgment Day, exactly as prophesied:-

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the communities; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden Manna, and will give him a white stone (little book - Rev. 10:6-10), and IN the stone a NEW name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth [it].

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I (Christ) make a pillar in The Temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] New Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my NEW name.

Revelation 19:11-13
19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True (Rev. 1:5), and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
19:12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire (Rev. 1:14), and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a NAME written, that NO man knew, but HE himself (ch. 2:17; 3:12).
19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Malachi 4

4:1 For, behold, the Day cometh, that shall burn like an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the "I AM" Lord of hosts, that it shall leave of them neither root nor branch (nothing).
4:2 But unto you that fear My name shall the Sun of Righteousness (Christ) arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in The Day that I shall do [this], saith the "I AM" Lord of hosts.
4:4 Remember ye and return to The Law of Moses My servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, [with] the Statutes and Judgments.
4:5 Behold, I will send you EliJAH the Prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful Day of the "I AM" (Sura 43:61):
4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse (see verse 4:1 above for details of the curse).

Psalm 68:4 Sing unto God, sing praises to His name: extol Him that rideth upon the heavens* by His name JAH, and rejoice before Him.

*Note: see also: Matt. 24:27-31, noting well that when Christ sheds the body from Joseph-Ephraim (Gen. 49:10; 22-24) that He is currently using, He will be seen coming in the "Clouds" with the heavenly host (aka "the eagles") TO REAP THE EARTH.

Revelation 19:1-9
19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, AlleluJAH; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
19:2 For True and Righteous [are] His Judgments: for He hath judged the great "Whore", which did corrupt the Earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of His servants killed by her hand.
19:3 And again they said, AlleluJAH. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
19:4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the Throne, saying, Amen; AlleluJAH.
19:5 And a voice came out of the Throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye His servants, and ye that fear Him, both small and great.
19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many "waters", and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, AlleluJAH: for the Lord God Omnipotent reigneth.
19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for the Marriage of the Lamb is come, and His "Wife" (Israel - the 144,000 - Rev. 7:4-9; 14:1-4) hath made herself ready.
19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of the Elect.
19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

It should be self-evident that anyone still arguing against The Word of God (Matt. 12:30) shared above has NOT overcome their "self" (Matt. 10:38; Mark 8:34; Luke 9:23; Luke 14:26-27; Gal. 2:20; Sura 6:162; Sura 92:18-21), and therefore is NOT one of the "Elect" that WILL see Christ during His Second Coming, when and while He is here, like a thief in the night (1 Thess. 5:2 ; 2 Pet. 3:10), explaining the mystery of God (Rev. 10:7), exactly as prophesied.

2 Peter 1:19-20
1:19 We have also the more SURE word of Prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye TAKE HEED, as unto a Light that shineth in a dark place, until the Day dawn, and the Morning Star (Rev. 30:16) arise in your hearts:
1:20 Knowing this first, that no Prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation.

phipps

Star
It's FUNNY (and borderline satanic and blasphemous) for anybody to think God grew up in a carpenters shop making tables, chairs and towel-racks instead of running the universe..:)
What is satanic and blasphemous is limiting God's power and capabilities in your limited human understanding as a professed Christian, "Yes, again and again they tempted God, And limited the Holy One of Israel" (Psalm 78:41). As Christians we believe God can do anything and He did when He came down to our level and became human in this sinful world to be our example and to save us by dying in our stead for our sins. By the way no created being, not even the highest ranked angel in heaven could do that.

What makes you think God can't do that? God said, “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

Let me repost what God's inspired Words says about Jesus being God:

Isaiah 9:6, “For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

John 1:1-3, 14, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

1 Timothy 3:16, "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory."

Colossians 2:9, “For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.”

If you disagree with this, you disagree with God and His word, not me. I am merely posting what the Bible teaches.

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
Excerpt below from:

Trinitarians sometimes claim 1 Timothy 3:16 identifies Jesus as “God” because the KJV translation says “God was manifested in the flesh.” However, modern Bible translations do not read “God” in this verse. Trinitarians make this claim by quoting from the King James Version, despite the fact that Bible scholars agree that the KJV reading is a certain corruption. Despite this, Trinitarians continue to cherry-pick this verse from the KJV.

Below is the SDA Bible Commentary based on the incorrect KJV translation of the word “God.” The correct translation is “he or who,” not “God.” And that “he” is Jesus Christ.

God: Textual evidence favors the reading “he who.” The reference is clearly to Jesus, in and through whom the divine secret has been revealed.” — (Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary)

Here is this verse from the KJV.

1 Timothy 3:16 KJV “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

And here it is from the NIV.

1 Timothy 3:16 NIV “Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

If the word “God” was correct, observe how the rest of the verse would read, which is clearly incorrect.

1 Timothy 3:16 KJV “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, [God was] justified in the Spirit, [God was] seen of angels, [God was] preached unto the Gentiles, [God was] believed on in the world, [God was] received up into glory.

Was God received up into glory? No! Jesus Christ was received up into glory. Trinitarians are going to have a hard time making all that fit. Now if the correct translation of “He” is used referring to Christ, we have no problem as we see below.

1 Timothy 3:16 “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: [He] was manifest in the flesh, [He was] justified in the Spirit, [He was] seen of angels, [He was] preached unto the Gentiles, [He was] believed on in the world, [He was] received up into glory.

Note the “New International Reader's Version” for example.

1 Timothy 3:16 NIRV “There is no doubt that godliness is a great mystery. Jesus appeared in a body. The Holy Spirit proved that he was the Son of God. He was seen by angels. He was preached among the nations. People in the world believed in him. He was taken up to heaven in glory.

The following Bible Commentary from Albert Barnes explains how this error happened. You will notice that he is reluctant to state the obvious as he was in fact a Trinitarian.

Albert Barnes' Notes on the Bible, (1798-1870)
God - Probably there is no passage in the New Testament which has excited so much discussion among critics as this, and none in reference to which it is so difficult to determine the true reading. It is the only one, it is believed, in which the microscope has been employed to determine the lines of the letters used in a manuscript; and, after all that has been done to ascertain the exact truth in regard to it, still the question remains undecided. It is not the object of these notes to enter into the examination of questions of this nature. A full investigation may be found in Wetstein.

The question which has excited so much controversy is, whether the original Greek word was Θεὸς Theos, “God,” or whether it was ὅςhos, “who,” or ὁho, “which.” The controversy has turned, to a considerable degree, on the reading in the “Codex Alexandrinus;” and a remark or two on the method in which the manuscripts in the New Testament were written, will show the true nature of the controversy.

Greek manuscripts were formerly written entirely in capital letters, and without breaks or intervals between the words, and without accents; see a full description of the methods of writing the New Testament, in an article by Prof. Stuart in Dr. Robinson's Biblotheca Sacra, No. 2, pp. 254ff The small, cursive Greek letters which are now used, were not commonly employed in transcribing the New Testament, if at all, until the ninth or tenth centuries. It was a common thing to abridge or contract words in the manuscript. Thus, πρ would be used for πατερpater, “father;” κς for κυριοςkurios, “Lord;” Θς for Θεος Theos, “God,” etc. The words thus contracted were designated by a faint line or dash over them. In this place, therefore, if the original uncials (capitals) were Θ¯C¯, standing for Θεὸς Theos, “God,” and the line in the Θ, and the faint line over it, were obliterated from any cause, it would easily be mistaken for OC - ὅςhos - “who.”

To ascertain which of these is the true reading, has been the great question; and it is with reference to this that the microscope has been resorted to in the examination of the Alexandrian manuscript. It is now generally admitted that the faint line “over” the word has been added by some later hand, though not improbably by one who found that the line was nearly obliterated, and who meant merely to restore it. Whether the letter O was originally written with a line within it, making the reading “God,” it is now said to be impossible to determine, in consequence of the manuscript at this place having become so much worn by frequent examination. The Vulgate and the Syriac read it: “who,” or “which.” The Vulgate is, “Great is the sacrament of piety which was manifested in the flesh.” The Syriac, “Great is the mystery of godliness, that he was manifested in the flesh.

So it has been admitted by many that this could be a deliberate corruption to push the Trinity doctrine. Albert Barnes admits this and then tries to cover obscure this fact by giving an opinion in favour of what he would like to believe.

Thus we find that there are many theologians who actually have a good idea how this corruption happened. Scribal copyists regularly used a contracted form of the Greek word for “God” called a “nomina sacra” that was used very early in Christian history for sacred names. The Greek word for “God” is theos which is written as “Θεος.” The abbreviation took the form “Θς” with a faint overscore stroke above the abbreviation, which often become quite faint in the copies.

Now the Greek word for “who” is the word “hos” which is written in Greek as “Oς.” Notice the similarity between these two words “Θς” and “” and also remember they were hand written. With the exception of one pen stroke, the Omicron “O” and Theta “Θ” are nearly identical. So it would be very easy to make a mistake copying from one manuscript to another, which would be excusable if this is what happened.

But it would also be easy for an overzealous scribe to execute a forgery by changing the manuscript and the handwritten “O” (Omicron) into a “Θ” (Theta) with a single stroke of his pen which would completely change the meaning of the verse.

It would also be very easy to change the word “ho” to “theos” by adding a stroke and an “s.” But it would be a lot more difficult to do it the other way around without getting caught as you would have to remove the stroke.

There is also evidence that ink may have bled through the other side of the media and made it appear to a copyist to read “Θς” because the ink bleeding could make it appear to be a line where “” had been written. Whether or not it was an honest copying mistake or a forgery, it is very likely that the error was produced in this manner.

So below are the known facts:

1) Trinitarians are focused on a version of the text which is known to be a scribal error.

2) Modern Trinitarian translations and their translators admit this is a scribal error and do not translate this passage with the known error that seemed to support Trinity doctrine.

3) We know this error occurred by either (1) one additional stroke of a pen changing the Greek word from “who” to “God” or (2) by two additional strokes of a pen changing the Greek word from “which” to God, or (3) by the ink bleeding through the media used.

4) The KJV version of this verse is NOT found anywhere in early Christian writings before the Trinity doctrine was created.

5) No early manuscripts contain this version of the verse. The corrupted version of this text appears only after the Trinity doctrine was developed in the fourth and fifth century.

6) The Greek grammar also indicates this rendering is wrong.

phipps

Star
That's just your interpretation mate, Jesus said plenty of times he WASN'T God, so you'd better argue it out with him when you meet him..:)
Jesus said-
"I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)
Do you think this dismisses what the Bible says about Jesus being Creator of this world, born of a virgin, His name Emmanuel means God with us, He forgives sin, He is our Saviour and Messiah, He is our High Priest and advocate in the heavenly Temple, He is Kings of kings and Lord of Lords and God the Father called Him God too, "But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions” (Hebrews 1:8-9).

The verses you posted mean Jesus is humble and gives God the Father glory. God the Father does the same for Jesus as the above verses prove. This does not do away with their divinity. I explain this subject more in this post in this very thread.

In your beliefs about Jesus, the Bible work against itself because you reject all scripture that shows that Jesus is God. That is a lot of scripture to reject don't you think?!

Plus when Jesus came into this world, He was completely human and relied on His Father completely. He lived His life as we ought to and showed us how to completely rely on God the Father as He did so that we follow His example and not give in to temptation and sin like He did. And yes, God can do all that because He is God. There is nothing He cannot do especially when it comes to saving His people.

We should as mere humans always remember as I posted again in this thread here, that our knowledge of God is limited. He chooses how much to share with us (Deuteronomy 29:29), the rest we have to accept is beyond our understanding. We will never fully understand God as created beings. What He has chosen for us to know about to Him is enough to change our hearts and to love Him for eternity.

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
The two previous posts personally made should illustrate how desperate "trinitarians" are to try to foist their invented 3=1 god on others, despite the fact that neither the term nor the concept of a "trinity" exist anywhere in the Bible.

To do this, they literally have to redefine what the roles of a Father and a Son are, to try to hammer-fit their triangular religious superstitions into a round hole, which will NEVER work.

A Father really and literally is a Father, and a Son really and literally is a Son, even when speaking of God the Father and of the Sons of God, all of whom are spiritual.

To deny the TRUE Father-Son relationship between God and His Christ is not only anti-Christ, by definition 1 (John 2:22-24), but proof that someone doesn't know The One True God AND Christ, the Saviour, whom God sent.

phipps

Star
1 John 5:7, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

A Freeman

Superstar
1 John 5:7, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."
Excerpt below from:

Some person or persons in centuries past were so zealous to find support for their belief in the trinity that they literally added it. There are numerous Scholars in fact that inform us that this passage has a spurious comment which has been added. The textual Scholar Bart Ehrman described this forgery as follows: “…this represents the most obvious instance of a theologically motivated corruption in the entire manuscript tradition of the New Testament.

Thus the scholarly consensus is that this passage is a Latin corruption that found its way into a Greek manuscript at an early date while being absent from the THOUSANDS of other manuscripts. This addition is so famous and hence so well known that it has even been given its own name and is called the “Comma Johanneum.” Comma means a short clause.

Modern Bible translations come from two manuscripts called the Codex Sinaiticus, which has more edits than any other manuscript in Biblical history (14800 edits), and the Codex Vaticanus which comes from the Vatican. Neither of these two manuscripts contain the Comma Johanneum and why this added text is not found in modern Bible translations other than the NKJV where it was added only to match the KJV.

The King James New Testament on the other hand was compiled from over 5000 copies of copies of the original manuscripts which have long since perished. Now please take careful note that this added text was found in only ONE of the 5000 plus manuscripts. THAT MEANS ADDED! And so there is not one major theologian that does not acknowledge this fact. And yet considering all the irrefutable facts, it is amazing that there are still some who go into denial rather than acknowledge this well-known corruption that is so famous that it has even been given its own name!

The English King James Bible translated in 1611 AD retains this Trinitarian forgery, but none of our modern translations have it except the NKJV where it was added to match the KJV. The King James Version reads as follows, “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.” 1 John 5:7-8

Thus the words in red are found in the KJV, NKJV but are missing from almost every other translation. Thomas Nelson and Sons Catholic Commentary, 1951, page 1186 states, “It is now generally held that this passage, called the Gomma Johanneum, is a gloss that crept into the text of the Old Latin and Vulgate at an early date, but found its way into the Greek text only in the 15th and 16th centuries.

1 John 5:7-8 was added to the Bible

Here is how 1 John 5:7-8 reads from the NIV and most other Bible translations. “For there are three that testify: 8 the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

How did the Comma Johanneum first get added?

Comma Johanneum 1 John 5:7-8 Codex 61

It began with Desiderius Erasmus and his “Novum Instrumentum omne” which was the first New Testament in Greek to be published. This Greek text is also referred to as the Textus Receptus. Erasmus did not include the infamous Comma Johanneum of 1 John 5:7-8 in either his 1516 or 1519 editions of his Greek New Testament with very good reason. But it made its way into his third edition in 1522 because of pressure from the Catholic Church. After his first edition appeared in 1516, there arose such a furor over the absence of the Comma that Erasmus needed to defend himself. He argued that he did not put in the Comma Trinitarian formula because he found no Greek manuscripts that included it. Once one was produced called the Codex 61, that was written by one Roy or Froy at Oxford in c. 1520, he reluctantly agreed to include it in his subsequent editions. Erasmus probably altered the text because of politico-theologico-economic concerns. He did not want his reputation ruined, nor his Novum Instrumentum to go unsold. Thus it passed into the Stephanus Greek New Testament in 1551 (first New Testament in verses), which came to be called the Textus Receptus, and became the basis for the Geneva Bible New Testament in 1557 and the Authorized King James Version in 1611. To the left is an image of the Codex 61 with the added words underlined in red.

Scripture translator Benjamin Wilson gave the following explanation in his “Emphatic Diaglott.” Mr. Wilson says, This text concerning the heavenly witness is not contained in any Greek manuscript which was written earlier than the fifteenth century. It is not cited by any of the ecclesiastical writers; not by any of early Latin fathers even when the subjects upon which they treated would naturally have lead them to appeal to its authority. It is therefore evidently spurious.

A Freeman

Superstar
Excerpt below from:

The Comma Johanneum, also known as the Comma Johannine, is a textual variant in regards to 1 John 5:7-8. The word comma simply means “short clause,” and Johanneum means “pertaining to John.” Without the “comma,” 1 John 5:7-8 reads, “For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.” With the “comma,” 1 John 5:7-8 reads, “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.” If the Comma Johanneum was originally part of 1 John 5:7-8, it would be the clearest and most direct reference to the Trinity in the entire Bible.

However, it is highly unlikely that the Comma Johanneum was originally a part of 1 John. NONE of the oldest Greek manuscripts of 1 John contain the comma, and none of the very early church fathers include it when quoting or referencing 1 John 5:7-8. The presence of the Comma Johanneum in Greek manuscripts is actually quite rare until the 15th century A.D. It is primarily found in Latin manuscripts*. While some of the Latin manuscripts containing the Comma Johanneum are ancient, the Comma Johanneum did not appear in the original Latin Vulgate written by Jerome.

In the 16th century, when Desiderius Erasmus was compiling what became known as the Textus Receptus, he did not include the Comma Johanneum in the 1st or 2nd editions. Due to intense pressure from the Catholic Church and others who wanted it included because of its support for trinitarianism, Erasmus included the Comma Johanneum in later editions of the Textus Receptus. His decision resulted in the Comma Johanneum being included in the King James Version of the Bible and later in the New King James Version. None of the modern Greek texts (UBS 4, Nestle-Aland 27, Majority Text) contain the Comma Johanneum. Of all the modern English translations, only the New King James Version and Modern English Version include the Comma Johanneum.

*Note: It is only found in certain LATIN manuscripts beginning in the 15th century because the Roman Catholic church ADDED the "trinitarian" wording found in the comma to the passage in 1 John 5:7-8.

Here is 1 John 5:6-8 in the original texts, translated directly into English:

1 John 5:6-8
5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, [even] Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is Truth.
5:7 For there are three that bear record,
5:8 The Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

phipps

Star
Philippians 2:5-7, "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men." Jesus Christ, in the flesh, did not consider it robbing the Father of anything to be equal to Him.

Flarepath

Star
..you reject all scripture that shows that Jesus is God..
Nah mate, I don't reject the following scriptures spoken by Jesus himself...:p

A Freeman

Superstar
Philippians 2:5-7, "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men." Jesus Christ, in the flesh, did not consider it robbing the Father of anything to be equal to Him.
Philippians 2:5-11
2:5 LET THIS MIND BE IN YOU, which was also in Christ Jesus:
2:6 Who, being in the FORM (LIKENESS) of God, thought (it) not robbery to be equal with God:
2:7 BUT MADE HIMSELF OF NO REPUTATION, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, HE HUMBLED HIMSELF, AND BECAME OBEDIENT unto death, even the death of the cross.
2:9 WHEREFORE GOD ALSO HATH HIGHLY EXALTED HIM, and GIVEN him a name which is above every name:
2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, TO THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER.

Here is the original Greek for Philippians 2:6, from:

1716641929557.png
1716641854445.png

The Greek word “harpagmos” means “robbery”, i.e. “something that is wrongfully/forcefully seized”. It doesn’t mean “a thing to be grasped” as it has been intentionally mis-translated.

1716641540967.png

Further, if one looks at the original Greek text, the word “it” has been deceitfully inserted in all of the mis-translations, which changes the meaning of the verse 180 degrees, thereby rendering the entire passage self-contradictory and calling Christ a liar.

Christ plainly stated that He was NOT equal to God, and could NEVER be equal to God, because God is THE MOST HIGH and thus is GREATER than Christ (John 14:28), Greater than the one whom God sent (John 13:16), and GREATER than ALL (John 10:29).

GREATER THAN CAN NEVER MEAN EQUAL TO, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Therefore, a proper translation of Philippians 2:6 would be as follows:

Philippians 2:6 Who, existing in the form/image of God, did NOT consider robbery to be equal with God.

It should be self-evident (obvious) that with the correct translation shown above, Philippians 2:6 is not only in perfect agreement with its context – where Christ is a HUMBLE servant of God, obedient to God only, for which God exalted Christ and made Christ our example (see Philippians 2:5 and John 14:6).

If we are to be of the same mind as Christ-Jesus, should we be humble servants, or arrogantly proclaim to be equal to God, something that Christ Himself NEVER claimed to be?

Attachments

Last edited:

Flarepath

Star
The High Priest asked - "Are you the Son of God?" , and Jesus replied "I am" (Mark 14:61)
God himself said - "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased" (Matt 3:17)
Therefore anybody who doesn't believe what Jesus and God said are prime candidates for-

the-naughty-step_small.jpg

phipps

Star
Nah mate, I don't reject the following scriptures spoken by Jesus himself...:p
You rejected all the scripture from the Bible that I posted that prove Jesus is God and came to this wold as a human being to save us.

You know you pick and choose the passages that go hand in hand with your false doctrine about Jesus. Biblically Jesus is God and He has all the characteristics of God whether you like it or not. That truth is never going to change for eternity whether you agree with it or not!

The truth is, me nor the Bible is going to convince you or anyone who is not already convicted of the truth of God on this subject and others from the Bible.

I pray that God will show the truth of His and that you will accept it.

Last edited:

Flarepath

Star
When Jesus asked the disciples who they thought he was-
"Simon Peter said- “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.'
Jesus replied “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven" (Matthew 16:13-17)

So if Jesus was NOT the Son, why didn't he say to Peter "Wrong, try again".. :p