What is sin according to the Bible?

What sort of persons do Jesus easily forgive ?
The born again believers of the New Covenant...Because they have Christ as their mercy seat before the Father. Those who present their works before the Lord of keeping the law as justification...those He does not know.

TokiEl

Superstar
The born again believers of the New Covenant...Because they have Christ as their mercy seat before the Father. Those who present their works before the Lord of keeping the law as justification...those He does not know.
Jesus easily forgives the repentant.

God absolutely do not need anything from you... except your repentance.

Jesus easily forgives the repentant.

God absolutely do not need anything from you... except your repentance.
But He expects more than that as son's of God...to conform to the image of Christ, and those that suffer with Him will rule with Him. This suffering does not come as carnal works, but the love of God that we have inherited from His Spirit to not conform to the principles of this world which hates us as it did Christ....You must be born again Toki.

TokiEl

Superstar
But He expects more than that as son's of God...to conform to the image of Christ, and those that suffer with Him will rule with Him. This suffering does not come as carnal works, but the love of God that we have inherited from His Spirit to not conform to the principles of this world which hates us as it did Christ....You must be born again Toki.
You keep saying i must be born again... as if you are born again and i am not.

But am i not more born again than you ?

How come i can interpret prophecies if i am not born again ? And how come you can't interpret prophecies if you are born again ?

What exactly is your measure of being born again ? Yourself ?

Have you put yourself up as the born again standard ? And when you disagree with someone... you say they must be born again.

Because it doesn't occur to you... that someone is more born again than you.

I am more knowledgeable than you... and that makes you more born again than me ?

No on the contrary.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
How do we become sinners?

Nobody becomes a sinner until they commit a sin. "Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness" (1 John 3:4).

Are we born sinners? No. An infant is not capable of conscious thought, and it does not know right from wrong, so its not capable of sinning. "Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin" (James 4:17).

However, we know that all humans, except Jesus have sinned. "...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

Can we learn to stop sinning? Yes. The Bible tells us, "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it" (1 Corinthians 10:13).

What that means is that there is no excuse for sinning. It is ALWAYS possible to resist temptation and choose not to sin, with God's help.

That directly contradicts the doctrine of original sin, which claims a baby is a sinner from the moment it draws it's first breath, and that we are constantly sinning by nature and helpless to choose to not to sin. That is not what the Bible teaches. We CAN overcome sin.

"For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 John 5:4-5).

"...He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death” (Revelation 2:11).

"And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations" (Revelation 2:26).

"He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels" (Revelation 3:5).

"He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son" (Revelation 21:7).

That doesn't mean we are no longer sinners, for all have sinned - it means that we can stop sinning, with God's help, provided we don't let Satan deceive us into believing it is not possible to stop sinning.

Just as an alcoholic can stop drinking, a sinner can stop sinning, with God's help. The only thing preventing it is disbelief.

A Freeman

Superstar
1 John 3:4-11
3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also The Law: for sin is the transgression of The Law.
3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our (past) sins; and in him is no sin.
3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he (Christ) is righteous.
3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the Beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever DOETH NOT righteousness is NOT of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the Beginning (Alpha), that we should love one another.

There is only ONE LAW on this planet: God's Law, found in the first five books of the Bible, namely: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

Breaking God's Law (sin) is a CRIMINAL offense.

True Repentance is the determination to change one's sinful, evil ways and to STOP SINNING/BREAKING THE LAW/COMMITTING CRIMES.

Jesus paid the price for our PAST sins (Rom. 3:25), NOT to grant us the freedom to sin/break The Law with impunity, but to free us from our bondage to sin.

Sin is crime. Anyone who mistakenly believes we're going to be rewarded for being criminals, has completely missed the true Gospel message that Christ was sent to deliver.

Alanantic

Star
"The only sin in the world is ignorance." -- Thoreau

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” -- Marcus Aurelius

A Freeman

Superstar
12:8 Ye shall not do after all [the things] that we do here this day, every man whatsoever [is] right in his own eyes.

30:15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
30:16 In that I command thee this day to love the "I AM" thy God, to walk in His Ways, and to keep His Commandments and His Statutes and His Judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the "I AM" thy God shall bless thee in the land where thou goest to possess it.
30:17 But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;
30:18 I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, [and that] ye shall not prolong [your] days upon the land, where thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.
30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
30:20 That thou mayest love the "I AM" thy God, [and] that thou mayest obey His voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto Him: for He [is] thy Life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the "I AM" sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob/Israel, to give them.

- The Creator and King Ruler of the Universe, given to Moses at Mt. Horeb in Sinai, as recorded in the Book of Deuteronomy, which defines what is actually good and what is actually evil

"(Feigned) ignorance of The Law is no excuse for breaking The Law"

phipps

Star
1700429123059.png

BIBLICAL SIN: Fornication (pre-marital sex], lust, lying, stealing, addiction, drunkenness, unforgivingness, hate, strife, envy, pride, jealousy, slander, gossip, discord, fits of rage, adultery, effeminate, transgenderism, homo sexuality, disobedience to parents, vanity, gluttony, greed, covetousness, idolatry, extortion, debauchery, selfish ambition, dis-belief, witchcraft and murder etc.

1 John 3:6-8, "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."

1 Corinthians 15:34, "Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame."

Romans 6:16, "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?"

1 John 2:29, "If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him."

Titus 2:11-13, "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ."

Ezekiel 3:20-21, "Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul."

Luke 5:31-32, "And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Matthew 5:6, "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled."

Matthew 6:33, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Matthew 5:10, "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
(Also read 2 Timothy 3:12).

Proverbs 15:29, "The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous." (Read also John 9:31)

Matthew 5:20, "For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Jesus commands us to be “holy” just as "He is holy” (1 Peter 1:15-16). Jesus commands us to "walk” just as “He walked” (1 John 2:6). Jesus commands us to “purify ourselves” just as "He is pure” (1 John 3:3). Jesus commands us to be “righteous” just as "He is righteous” (1 John 3:7; 2:29). Jesus commands us to be “perfect” as “our Father in heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:48; Colossians 1:28). Jesus commanded us to "go and sin no more" (John 5:14; 8:11).

phipps

Star
What if a Saved person Commits a Sin?

Anyone who disobeys any of the 10 Commandments, at any time, has sinned.

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law" (1 John 3:4).

A saved person who commits one sin is no longer saved until that sin is forgiven.

"And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" (1 Peter 4:18).

"...the wages of sin is death;" (Romans 6:23)

In order to become righteous again the person who commits a sin must sincerely repent of that sin, forsake that sin, confess that sin to God, and ask God to forgive that sin.

"From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 4:17).

"And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these things, that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that thing" (Leviticus 5:5).

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

If they do not, that sin is not forgiven, and that person is no longer saved.

"But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die" (Ezekiel 18:24).

Haich

Superstar
Phipps you’re such a coward. Infinity Loop made some good points and when you were cornered you ran away and ignored their posts. That’s what you always do, you never respond when you know you have no answer to something because you know it’ll break the core of your beliefs.

You’re only interested in preaching but you have no idea what you’re actually preaching.

May God guide your blind heart.

Haich

Superstar
He’s not interested in truth, he’s only interested in reaffirming his lies.

phipps

Star
Phipps you’re such a coward. Infinity Loop made some good points and when you were cornered you ran away and ignored their posts. That’s what you always do, you never respond when you know you have no answer to something because you know it’ll break the core of your beliefs.

You’re only interested in preaching but you have no idea what you’re actually preaching.

May God guide your blind heart.
I don't believe you've ever cornered me. We are at complete opposites with our beliefs, so sometimes I choose to bow out of conversations that are not going anywhere. Why? Because I know no answer I'll give will satisfy the person for example a Muslim whose beliefs are so far taken from mine.

I've had a lot of disagreements in these threads with Christians too because what I post is biblical doctrine and unfortunately a lot of what is taught in Christendom is not biblical doctrine for example Zionism. I got tired of the arguments so I avoid them.

I post what I post hoping that it can lead to at least one Christian to find the truth and then study the Bible further and find out more of God's truths.

Everything I post on the Bible I know about mostly. What I posted on Islam (which I know is what is bothering you) is true and I've actually held myself back by not saying a lot more out of respect. I might post more on that but will not enter any conversation or argument with any Muslim about it because it will be pointless.

So if that makes you think I'm a coward, go ahead. It won't change how and why I post.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
He’s not interested in truth, he’s only interested in reaffirming his lies.
Let me tell you what I'm interested in so that you stop making these false statements about me as though you know anything about me and why I do what I do here.

I am not interested in unbiblical truths whether they are from Christians or not. I believe a truth has to go hand in hand with biblical doctrine. Its the reason I don't comment much on Islamic threads for example.

What I post is the truth whether you agree with it or not. And I will continue to do that. If you don't agree with it or like it, tough!

Last edited: