What Is Monotheism Really About?

@Karlysymon posted something in favorite Bible verses that reminded me that all of the prophets in the OT were truthful servants of God who preached His pure monotheism and religion. The verse she posted from Micah mentioned those who feared the Lord and honored His Name and that they (those who fear God and honor His Name) are themselves recorded in a scroll of remembrance. There is no doubt in my mind that this verse recorded in Micah is talking about Muslims.

How so? Well, for one - one of the titles of the believers is "mutaaqoon" which means "people of Taqwa" - or God fearing people. They are mentioned many times in Quran along with their qualities. 2: God's final Prophet - Muhammad (sallAllahu alaihi wasalam) taught us to always keep our tongues moist with the remembrance of God. 3: Glorifying and Honoring God's Name(s) is essential to Tawhid (Islamic monotheism)

Read what the Quran says about fearing the Lord God and honoring His Name. I'm putting it in this thread because surely, this is what Monotheism is really all about.

One more note: Christians do not call "God the Father" Jesus. Jesus is not His Name and I do not know of any Christian who refers to "God the father" as Jesus. In the Hebrew and Aramaic, He is called (among other names) "Elohim" and "Alaha". In Arabic He is called (among other names) "Allah." When The Quran talks about fearing the Lord and honoring His Name, it is talking about the same God that Jesus worshipped and cried out to to deliver him from his enemies. The God that Jesus submitted to, supplicated and prostrated to, the one that Jesus taught His followers to pray to - the Only One True God.

The first point is that 113 surahs (chapters) begin with: "Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim" which means: "With the Name of Allah (God), the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful."

Other ayat (verses) which exhort the believers to honor God's Name are:

Blessed is the name of your Lord, Owner of Majesty and Honor. (55:78)

So exalt the name of your Lord, the Most Great. (56:96)

He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best Names. Whatever is in the heavens and earth is exalting Him. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

So exalt the name of your Lord, the Most Great. (69:52)

And remember the name of your Lord and devote yourself to Him with [complete] devotion. (73:28)

And mention the name of your Lord [in prayer] morning and evening (76:25)

Exalt the name of your Lord, the Most High, (87:1)

And mentions the name of his Lord and prays. (87:15)

The next verse describes the fate of those who do the opposite:

And who are more unjust than those who prevent the name of Allah from being mentioned in His mosques and strive toward their destruction. It is not for them to enter them except in fear. For them in this world is disgrace, and they will have in the Hereafter a great punishment. (2:114)

Then we have many, many ayat about the fear of the Lord - it is mentioned 258 times actually, here are a few reminders:

This is the Book (the Qur'ân), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqûn [the pious and righteous persons who fear Allâh much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allâh much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)]. (2:2)

And believe in what I have sent down confirming that which is [already] with you, and be not the first to disbelieve in it. And do not exchange My signs for a small price, and fear [only] Me. (2:41)

Hajj is [during] well-known months, so whoever has made Hajj obligatory upon himself therein [by entering the state of ihram], there is [to be for him] no sexual relations and no disobedience and no disputing during Hajj. And whatever good you do - Allah knows it. And take provisions, but indeed, the best provision is fear of Allah . And fear Me, O you of understanding. (2:197)

And fear Allah, and know that Allah is All-Aware of everything. ( 2:231)

And fear Allah and know that Allah is All-Seer of what you do. (2:233)

And know that Allah knows what is in your minds, so fear Him. And know that Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing. (2:235)

O you who have believed, fear Allah as He should be feared and do not die except as Muslims [in submission to Him]. (3:102)

And if you do justice, and do all that is right and fear Allah by keeping away from all that is wrong, then Allah is Ever OftForgiving, Most Merciful. ( 4:129)

And to Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And verily, We have recommended to the people of the Scripture before you, and to you (O Muslims) that you (all) fear Allah, and keep your duty to Him, But if you disbelieve, then unto Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, and Allah is Ever Rich (Free of all wants), Worthy of all praise. ( 4:131)

JoChris

Superstar
@Karlysymon posted something in favorite Bible verses that reminded me that all of the prophets in the OT were truthful servants of God who preached His pure monotheism and religion. The verse she posted from Micah mentioned those who feared the Lord and honored His Name and that they (those who fear God and honor His Name) are themselves recorded in a scroll of remembrance. There is no doubt in my mind that this verse recorded in Micah is talking about Muslims.

How so? Well, for one - one of the titles of the believers is "mutaaqoon" which means "people of Taqwa" - or God fearing people. They are mentioned many times in Quran along with their qualities. 2: God's final Prophet - Muhammad (sallAllahu alaihi wasalam) taught us to always keep our tongues moist with the remembrance of God. 3: Glorifying and Honoring God's Name(s) is essential to Tawhid (Islamic monotheism)

Read what the Quran says about fearing the Lord God and honoring His Name. I'm putting it in this thread because surely, this is what Monotheism is really all about.

One more note: Christians do not call "God the Father" Jesus. Jesus is not His Name and I do not know of any Christian who refers to "God the father" as Jesus. In the Hebrew and Aramaic, He is called (among other names) "Elohim" and "Alaha". In Arabic He is called (among other names) "Allah." When The Quran talks about fearing the Lord and honoring His Name, it is talking about the same God that Jesus worshipped and cried out to to deliver him from his enemies. The God that Jesus submitted to, supplicated and prostrated to, the one that Jesus taught His followers to pray to - the Only One True God.

The first point is that 113 surahs (chapters) begin with: "Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim" which means: "With the Name of Allah (God), the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful."

Other ayat (verses) which exhort the believers to honor God's Name are:

Blessed is the name of your Lord, Owner of Majesty and Honor. (55:78)

So exalt the name of your Lord, the Most Great. (56:96)

He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best Names. Whatever is in the heavens and earth is exalting Him. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

So exalt the name of your Lord, the Most Great. (69:52)

And remember the name of your Lord and devote yourself to Him with [complete] devotion. (73:28)

And mention the name of your Lord [in prayer] morning and evening (76:25)

Exalt the name of your Lord, the Most High, (87:1)

And mentions the name of his Lord and prays. (87:15)

The next verse describes the fate of those who do the opposite:

And who are more unjust than those who prevent the name of Allah from being mentioned in His mosques and strive toward their destruction. It is not for them to enter them except in fear. For them in this world is disgrace, and they will have in the Hereafter a great punishment. (2:114)

Then we have many, many ayat about the fear of the Lord - it is mentioned 258 times actually, here are a few reminders:

This is the Book (the Qur'ân), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqûn [the pious and righteous persons who fear Allâh much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allâh much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)]. (2:2)

And believe in what I have sent down confirming that which is [already] with you, and be not the first to disbelieve in it. And do not exchange My signs for a small price, and fear [only] Me. (2:41)

Hajj is [during] well-known months, so whoever has made Hajj obligatory upon himself therein [by entering the state of ihram], there is [to be for him] no sexual relations and no disobedience and no disputing during Hajj. And whatever good you do - Allah knows it. And take provisions, but indeed, the best provision is fear of Allah . And fear Me, O you of understanding. (2:197)

And fear Allah, and know that Allah is All-Aware of everything. ( 2:231)

And fear Allah and know that Allah is All-Seer of what you do. (2:233)

And know that Allah knows what is in your minds, so fear Him. And know that Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing. (2:235)

O you who have believed, fear Allah as He should be feared and do not die except as Muslims [in submission to Him]. (3:102)

And if you do justice, and do all that is right and fear Allah by keeping away from all that is wrong, then Allah is Ever OftForgiving, Most Merciful. ( 4:129)

And to Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And verily, We have recommended to the people of the Scripture before you, and to you (O Muslims) that you (all) fear Allah, and keep your duty to Him, But if you disbelieve, then unto Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, and Allah is Ever Rich (Free of all wants), Worthy of all praise. ( 4:131)

The God of the Koran is not the God of the Bible.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+john+5:11-13&version=KJV