Weight lifting thread:

Daze

Superstar
To add insult to injury i fell off a ladder today. I was setting 2x4 lights.
proxy-image.jpg This kind, led, they weigh nothing.

One light started to fall and i reached out to catch it and my ladder kicked out from under me. Fell a good 5 feet. I hit the concrete pretty hard with all my weight landing on my left foot. Eventually managed to get to a clinic and got an x-ray taken. I'm still waiting for results. I hope its only sprained and not broken. Atm there's no pain really as i got it on ice.

Point of this post is to stay on topic i guess. My lifting days are Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. I'm not doing squats at least any time soon.
Sucks, I'm out for probably a couple of weeks, gonna see my numbers go down.

Maes17

Superstar
A few days ago i got up from my recliner to get a stick of beef jerky off of a shelf thats a good 6 ft high. Didn't think anything of it, reached up to get the box, brought it down and started to open it and passed out. Don't think i was out long, few seconds maybe. I vaguely remember my head coming into contact with my coffee table. My glasses were on the floor with both lens popped out. Took me a minute or two to realize what happened. I can only imagine i got up too fast and blacked out, blood couldn't reach my brain fast enough? idk.

I've passed out before, when i was a rookie a few decades back doing masonry work. I was putting away a water hose and I attempted to blow all of the water out of the hose, I ended up passing out. Didn't realize what happened then either until a few minutes later after i recovered.

Don't get me wrong, I've only blacked out twice (to my knowledge) and I'll be 42 this Friday so its not like a neurological, life long condition or something.

My point is you don't know what the body can take and it really gives you no warnings. Lifting weights is hard work and if you're living in Arizona where the temps are 120's. You need to be careful. You can end up with a heat stroke and wont know until it happens.
I live in NM. Neighbor to AZ gets pretty hot. I’ve always trained to extremes. I’ve had heat exhaustion numerous times. I know the consequences and scale off.

Although I do agree. I’m not the young whipper snapper I used to be. I am 32, feel in my 20’s still

Aero

Superstar
Always have someone hold the ladder for you.

I'm a newbie to being buff, though. But I don't admire my body in the mirror that much. I mainly want to train for endurance.

Alright VCF:

I saw there was no iron-pumping thread. This I cannot abide. Share your tips, advice, supplies, products, brutal injuries, greatest gains, motivation, ect. Joining a gym in a couple weeks and shooting for righteous gains.

Hi Airight, I have worked out most of my life, But I find that it brings about too much pride to the soul. Keeping yourself healthy is a good thing, but humility is one of the attributes of being born again, knowing that Christ gave His life for us when all we deserved was death.. Gods purpose is to conform us into the image of Christ...complete conformity (Rom. 8:24-39) May He come soon, The signs of the time at present are looking ominous for His return, like dark clouds and thunder cause up to expect a storm.. Stay awake and pay attention and warn all believers to look up.

In Christ
Douglas Summers

Alright VCF:

I saw there was no iron-pumping thread. This I cannot abide. Share your tips, advice, supplies, products, brutal injuries, greatest gains, motivation, ect. Joining a gym in a couple weeks and shooting for righteous gains.

Maes17

Superstar
To add insult to injury i fell off a ladder today. I was setting 2x4 lights.
View attachment 57428 This kind, led, they weigh nothing.

One light started to fall and i reached out to catch it and my ladder kicked out from under me. Fell a good 5 feet. I hit the concrete pretty hard with all my weight landing on my left foot. Eventually managed to get to a clinic and got an x-ray taken. I'm still waiting for results. I hope its only sprained and not broken. Atm there's no pain really as i got it on ice.

Point of this post is to stay on topic i guess. My lifting days are Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. I'm not doing squats at least any time soon.
Sucks, I'm out for probably a couple of weeks, gonna see my numbers go down.
I’ve been changing those lights at my workplace

Daze

Superstar
I’ve been changing those lights at my workplace
I don't advise it. Commercial/Industrial typicaly has 277v /480v lighting. If you think sticking your finger in an outlet at home (120v) is bad 480v will cook organs.

I remember when i was an apprentice a few decades ago the electricain i was under shorted out a 480 circuit. He managed to kick a 2000 amp breaker. It sounded like a shotgun going off. Electrical work is dangerous, especially in a 3 phase enviorment which is most comm/ind.

Maes17

Superstar
I don't advise it. Commercial/Industrial typicaly has 277v /480v lighting. If you think sticking your finger in an outlet at home (120v) is bad 480v will cook organs.

I remember when i was an apprentice a few decades ago the electricain i was under shorted out a 480 circuit. He managed to kick a 2000 amp breaker. It sounded like a shotgun going off. Electrical work is dangerous, especially in a 3 phase enviorment which is most comm/ind.
I’ve been so far so good in the bulbs I have replaced. Same thing though. Climbing a ladder, removing the ceiling tile and having to twist out the tube bulb. Stuff gets a little weird on a ladder

Daze

Superstar
I’ve been so far so good in the bulbs I have replaced. Same thing though. Climbing a ladder, removing the ceiling tile and having to twist out the tube bulb. Stuff gets a little weird on a ladder
Oh, did you mean changing bulbs? I thought you meant wiring new fixtures. Changing bulbs is prety safe.

Maes17

Superstar
Oh, did you mean changing bulbs? I thought you meant wiring new fixtures. Changing bulbs is prety safe.
I’m not trained in wiring fixtures lol. I thought about hvac, so I can make more. Not sure this is the career I want.

Daze

Superstar
I’m not trained in wiring fixtures lol. I thought about hvac, so I can make more. Not sure this is the career I want.
Speaking of higher pay i know a former electrician who changed careers. Became a professional waste removal. Seems the sewage industry pays pretty well. I imagine because no one wants to do it.

Compare that to today where many don't want to work because unemployment is paying more during the scam demic.

Idk much about hvac other then getting power to thier units but it seems pretty easy. Just running duct work all day. Any heavy lifting is done with heavy equipment.

Maes17

Superstar
Speaking of higher pay i know a former electrician who changed careers. Became a professional waste removal. Seems the sewage industry pays pretty well. I imagine because no one wants to do it.

Compare that to today where many don't want to work because unemployment is paying more during the scam demic.

Idk much about hvac other then getting power to thier units but it seems pretty easy. Just running duct work all day. Any heavy lifting is done with heavy equipment.
Well I did auto detail for 12 years. Wanted to start my own business as my personal work was starting to take off. However the scamdemic put a wrench in things and I jumped ship to another detail company and it got to homie favoritism.

So…fast forward to this past april, I land a job at a diesel/semi dealership, do building maintenance like shining the floors, changing light bulbs, groundskeeping, parts pick up/drop off. Etc. Now mind you this job offers amazing benefits, great schedule monday-friday 9-5, weekends off, paid holidays. Easy job, but something about it makes me not very well into it.

Daze

Superstar
Sounds good. You should hang on to it until something better comes along. The variety of chores should break up the monotony.

Maes17

Superstar
Sounds good. You should hang on to it until something better comes along. The variety of chores should break up the monotony.
I mean it’s easy. Just a 5 minute drive from home. But I feel I don’t fit in. Overall it’s a real relaxed atmosphere but just like any workplace, because I was essentially thrown in without any proper training and I told them during my interview, but they expect me to know the faults of the shop

Daze

Superstar
I mean it’s easy. Just a 5 minute drive from home. But I feel I don’t fit in. Overall it’s a real relaxed atmosphere but just like any workplace, because I was essentially thrown in without any proper training and I told them during my interview, but they expect me to know the faults of the shop
Give it some time. You'll own the place soon enough.

Maes17

Superstar
Give it some time. You'll own the place soon enough.
Well tbh I’ve gotten so accustomed to an urgent, cutthroat atmosphere that being in a more relaxed environment has really thrown me off. I’ve been at this place for 4 months and I still feel out of place.

Guess I’m used to hustle & bustle and not a so relaxed workplace