Weight lifting thread:

The Agrarian

Veteran
Alright VCF:

I saw there was no iron-pumping thread. This I cannot abide. Share your tips, advice, supplies, products, brutal injuries, greatest gains, motivation, ect. Joining a gym in a couple weeks and shooting for righteous gains.

The Agrarian

Veteran
For starters, if anyone simply wants to burn fat. I can personally testify this thing can get you shredded.

Lil axe

Veteran
maes17 had kind of one -

The Agrarian

Veteran
maes17 had kind of one -

Good man. Sorry to steal his thunder.
Just reactivated my dormant account last month :cool:.

That being said, everyone here.
E V E R Y O N E
Should be getting swoll. The ruling class wants you fat and losing testosterone. High T is key to breaking their stanglehold.

My workout for the last year - got two kettlebells, one feeling very heavy, one feeling heavy but comfortable. Do 20-30 minutes of kettlebell work every day - squats, clean, shoulder press, snatch, swings, deadlift. With the short time of the work out, I don’t feel sore 24 hours later and can work out every day. Usually just a bit sore when getting up in the morning. And they say, a short work out is better for testosterone, because it doesn’t activate stress hormones which can be activated with a prolonged workout. Just high intensity for 20-30 minutes, cool off.

ive had great results. using a single kettlebell activates the entire body to stabilize the off centered nature of the weight

been digging this guys workouts, who seems to be doing the same thing

Maes17

Superstar
Good man. Sorry to steal his thunder.
Just reactivated my dormant account last month :cool:.

That being said, everyone here.
E V E R Y O N E
Should be getting swoll. The ruling class wants you fat and losing testosterone. High T is key to breaking their stanglehold.
You can steal the thunder. I’ve passed the torch ;)

I’ve been dropping in at odd hours of late due to an inconsistent schedule. So you regulars share for the people.

Maes17

Superstar
Alright VCF:

I saw there was no iron-pumping thread. This I cannot abide. Share your tips, advice, supplies, products, brutal injuries, greatest gains, motivation, ect. Joining a gym in a couple weeks and shooting for righteous gains.

Tips/advice: know your limits. Yes push yourself but do so in a progressive overload manner. Not an ego manner. Form, mindle/muscle connection. For every push, do a pull workout in conjunction. For lower body. Work all planes of motion. Squat works verticle planes, lunges can and should be done forward, backwards and side.

Most injuries are because muscle imbalance. Motivation is my boys and wife.
Greatest gains has to be winter 2020 til now. I am bench pressing 230lbs 2 sets of 5, my squat has went from 250lbs for 8 reps to 325 for 6 reps, my deadlift went from 225lbs for 8 reps to 405lbs for 3 reps.

Injuries. I’ll share that later

The Agrarian

Veteran
Tips/advice: know your limits. Yes push yourself but do so in a progressive overload manner. Not an ego manner. Form, mindle/muscle connection. For every push, do a pull workout in conjunction. For lower body. Work all planes of motion. Squat works verticle planes, lunges can and should be done forward, backwards and side.

Most injuries are because muscle imbalance. Motivation is my boys and wife.
Greatest gains has to be winter 2020 til now. I am bench pressing 230lbs 2 sets of 5, my squat has went from 250lbs for 8 reps to 325 for 6 reps, my deadlift went from 225lbs for 8 reps to 405lbs for 3 reps.

Injuries. I’ll share that later
325 lbs for squats!?!? Impressive. I topped at 230 in high-school. I've always been slender but my real strength is upper-body.

Just curious. What stretches do you do before squatting? I've had knee problems from a running injury and don't wanna re-tear that, knowumsayen?

Maes17

Superstar
325 lbs for squats!?!? Impressive. I topped at 230 in high-school. I've always been slender but my real strength is upper-body.

Just curious. What stretches do you do before squatting? I've had knee problems from a running injury and don't wanna re-tear that, knowumsayen?
I don’t stretch before squats. What I will do is warm up with some obnoxiously light sets.

So my current squat routine now goes like this:

200lbs x 10 reps x 2 sets 60 seconds rest
225lbs x 8 reps x 2 sets 90 second rest
285lbs x 8 reps x 1 set 5 minute rest

Then I jump into
315lbs x 5 reps x 1 set 5 minute rest
325 x 3-5 reps x 2 sets

For knee pain it also could be your squat set up. I have to squat a bit wider than shoulder width just cause my body’s built that way. Narrow or shoulder width hurt my knees. I also squat low bar compared to high bar. High bar provides more range of motion. However low bar is preferred and safer for strength

The Agrarian

Veteran
I don’t stretch before squats. What I will do is warm up with some obnoxiously light sets.

So my current squat routine now goes like this:

200lbs x 10 reps x 2 sets 60 seconds rest
225lbs x 8 reps x 2 sets 90 second rest
285lbs x 8 reps x 1 set 5 minute rest

Then I jump into
315lbs x 5 reps x 1 set 5 minute rest
325 x 3-5 reps x 2 sets

For knee pain it also could be your squat set up. I have to squat a bit wider than shoulder width just cause my body’s built that way. Narrow or shoulder width hurt my knees. I also squat low bar compared to high bar. High bar provides more range of motion. However low bar is preferred and safer for strength
Yanno, I think you nailed it. After my jogging injury (twisted my leg on a tree root running on a mountain trail. Yes, it hurt as bad as it sounds) I couldn't squat with my feet pointing forward. Wider stance and warming up with lower weight should do the trick.

My interest in the kettle-bell also stems from this logistical problem. I'll do both and see what works. Good looking out.

The Agrarian

Veteran
Not weight-related but just saying anyone reading trying to shred some body fat should look into a rowing machine. I can personally testify this workout saved my dad's life.

My old man lost over 150 lbs. on this workout. Best cardio you'll ever do tbh. Your biceps will thank you.

Maes17

Superstar
Yanno, I think you nailed it. After my jogging injury (twisted my leg on a tree root running on a mountain trail. Yes, it hurt as bad as it sounds) I couldn't squat with my feet pointing forward. Wider stance and warming up with lower weight should do the trick.

My interest in the kettle-bell also stems from this logistical problem. I'll do both and see what works. Good looking out.
Find your squatting stance. What works for me may not work for you. Body structure, genetic differences etc. I have a better base under a wider stance. If I do narrow it is extremely light.

I do kettlebells here as well. I have a 35lb kettlebell in my garage. I like to do kettlebell swings for hip strength and single leg kettlebell deadlifts

Maes17

Superstar
And I do stretch every morning and before I go to bed after a hot shower. So I don’t neglect stretching,
I typically don’t stretch before a workout. I prefer a light warm up of the exercise I’m about to perform. If I sprint, I’ll do 80 yard strides.
If I bench I do a couple sets of lighter weight, pyramid up - same rule applied to squats and shoulders

Maes17

Superstar
A019DFEF-71B9-4BFB-B94E-26D33F8C8D13.jpegAs far as injuries. The worst pain I felt was blocking a hockey slapshot. Hockey pucks are hard af. I’ve had this blood like scar since high school.

Weight lifting injuries - bench press when I was seeing amazing gains on bench, but neglected doing stuff like rows or back workouts to stay muscle balanced. My left shoulder got impinged and I actually had frozen shoulder for three weeks. I slowly rehabbed with resistance bands, then graduated to push ups, and added in back workouts to compliment chest workouts.

The Agrarian

Veteran
View attachment 53481As far as injuries. The worst pain I felt was blocking a hockey slapshot. Hockey pucks are hard af. I’ve had this blood like scar since high school.

Weight lifting injuries - bench press when I was seeing amazing gains on bench, but neglected doing stuff like rows or back workouts to stay muscle balanced. My left shoulder got impinged and I actually had frozen shoulder for three weeks. I slowly rehabbed with resistance bands, then graduated to push ups, and added in back workouts to compliment chest workouts.
BRUH.
I've gotten hit with a hockey puck before and honestly I'd rather get kicked in the balls than feel a frozen puck on my bare skin again. I've heard people describe it as being shot with rubber-bullets.

Maes17

Superstar
BRUH.
I've gotten hit with a hockey puck before and honestly I'd rather get kicked in the balls than feel a frozen puck on my bare skin again. I've heard people describe it as being shot with rubber-bullets.
It hurts. Blocked a shot, my shin pad kept going up all game. So when I dropped to block a shot. Got hit

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Just found out that my Goodman & Gilman Pharmacoly book weights 5 kg, or 11 pounds.

That's not much but it's enough to train bot my mind and my biceps at work