Weight lifting thread:

Maes17

Superstar
Just found out that my Goodman & Gilman Pharmacoly book weights 5 kg, or 11 pounds.

That's not much but it's enough to train bot my mind and my biceps at work
I’ve been training my mind a bit more. I’m back into questioning everything mode again haha.

But honestly take care of yourself physically, mentally and whatever spiritually means to you

Daze

Superstar
Just found out that my Goodman & Gilman Pharmacoly book weights 5 kg, or 11 pounds.

That's not much but it's enough to train bot my mind and my biceps at work
An 11 pound book is massive. Seems like it would be very thick.

If metal weights are hard to come buy you can go a long ways with buckets / bags and fill them with sand.
You can even use milk jugs if you wanted. I think they are 7 lb's each if memory serves. Heavier if you fill them with sand.

A Freeman

Superstar
There are prophecies and warnings that during the end-times people will be so engrossed with their temporary human-animal bodies that they will completely lose their grip on reality, i.e. that we are spiritual-Beings (souls) that are only temporarily incarnating the human we see in the mirror.

Enoch 66:9 Their spirits shall be full of SPORT, that they may be judged for their bodies (1 Tim. 3:8); because they have denied the Lord of spirits, and although they perceive their condemnation day by day, they believe not in His name (Rev. 20:15).

King of kings' Bible -- 1 Timothy 3:8 (1 Timothy 4:8 KJV)
3:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but Godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the Life that now is, and of that which is to come.

A healthy spirit automatically maintains a healthy, physically-fit human body, using it to do good in this world (serve God by doing His Will) rather than continuing to serve the creature/self/ego (human -- Sura 4:116-125). That is why lifting weights, to vainly improve one's temporary habitation, instead of focusing on the eternal, is a fool's errand according to God.

We are in a spiritual war right now (Sura 2:216) for our real, spiritual lives, which is why we should be learning to discipline the mind (soul, the real you) through disciplining the body. And right now most of the world is getting its backside kicked because they're so focused on serving the human that they forgotten who and what they are: spiritual-Beings. THAT is what makes it possible to con so many into cowering in fear over a fake threat, from a fake virus, that the corporate fictional governments are being used to promote.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

Most people that lift weights waste money to join a gym, so they can waste what precious little time remains driving to the gym, to waste even more time pumping iron, to ultimately waste even more time admiring their human body in the mirror. Further, they then waste even more time, money and fuel (for the car/truck) driving to places to buy supplements and more food, so they can overfeed the body -- their enemy -- to help it grow bigger and stronger and more difficult to overcome.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
An 11 pound book is massive. Seems like it would be very thick.

If metal weights are hard to come buy you can go a long ways with buckets / bags and fill them with sand.
You can even use milk jugs if you wanted. I think they are 7 lb's each if memory serves. Heavier if you fill them with sand.

1619518608627.png
(the book I have, just not my pic)

When I worked for the government I used to carry around this during my way to the office just to show off :D

Ok what's everyone's advice for weight lifting for weight lose but with back issues?
Stationary bike, swimming, both require something in order to do the work out though which is not guarenteed you’ll keep doing it

could try body weight exercises like push ups, squats, burpees. Depends on the back issue, if you can do push ups, burpees are a complete work out if you can do it without pain. if you can do 6 count burpees, start with a 5 sets of 5 and see how your back feels, and make sure to warm up until you start to break a sweat, with easy movements
these are 6 count burpees, don’t try to follow that guy at first though he’s a beast.

look on YouTube for calisthenics exercises and see if there’s one you want to try.

There are prophecies and warnings that during the end-times people will be so engrossed with their temporary human-animal bodies that they will completely lose their grip on reality, i.e. that we are spiritual-Beings (souls) that are only temporarily incarnating the human we see in the mirror.

Enoch 66:9 Their spirits shall be full of SPORT, that they may be judged for their bodies (1 Tim. 3:8); because they have denied the Lord of spirits, and although they perceive their condemnation day by day, they believe not in His name (Rev. 20:15).

King of kings' Bible -- 1 Timothy 3:8 (1 Timothy 4:8 KJV)
3:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but Godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the Life that now is, and of that which is to come.

A healthy spirit automatically maintains a healthy, physically-fit human body, using it to do good in this world (serve God by doing His Will) rather than continuing to serve the creature/self/ego (human -- Sura 4:116-125). That is why lifting weights, to vainly improve one's temporary habitation, instead of focusing on the eternal, is a fool's errand according to God.

We are in a spiritual war right now (Sura 2:216) for our real, spiritual lives, which is why we should be learning to discipline the mind (soul, the real you) through disciplining the body. And right now most of the world is getting its backside kicked because they're so focused on serving the human that they forgotten who and what they are: spiritual-Beings. THAT is what makes it possible to con so many into cowering in fear over a fake threat, from a fake virus, that the corporate fictional governments are being used to promote.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

Most people that lift weights waste money to join a gym, so they can waste what precious little time remains driving to the gym, to waste even more time pumping iron, to ultimately waste even more time admiring their human body in the mirror. Further, they then waste even more time, money and fuel (for the car/truck) driving to places to buy supplements and more food, so they can overfeed the body -- their enemy -- to help it grow bigger and stronger and more difficult to overcome.
I see what you’re saying here is true, but I also think the human body needs a certain amount of activity. I admit lifting a weight up and down seems stupid when I think I would naturally be using that force to chop down a tree to cook dinner, but that’s where we are. I focused more on spirituality for a few years, but found I just felt better if I did a half hour of exercise every day, and I don’t need to give up any good habits like meditating to get that done. Working out excessively to fuel vanity though is another modern aspect of life unnaturally out of proportion.

A Freeman

Superstar
I see what you’re saying here is true, but I also think the human body needs a certain amount of activity. I admit lifting a weight up and down seems stupid when I think I would naturally be using that force to chop down a tree to cook dinner, but that’s where we are. I focused more on spirituality for a few years, but found I just felt better if I did a half hour of exercise every day, and I don’t need to give up any good habits like meditating to get that done. Working out excessively to fuel vanity though is another modern aspect of life unnaturally out of proportion.
Thank-you. As you probably already know, what is personally posted is done so to help others, even at the risk of offending them.

Right now, there is a tremendous amount of time wasted playing, watching and thinking about sports and physical activities, even though the Scriptures tell us to seek first the Kingdom of God and, as you rightly observed, lifting weights up and down doesn't really serve that purpose, even though it is exercising the body.

There are more productive ways for the body to get the exercise it needs. People drive cars almost everywhere these days, regardless of how short the trip may be, or how beautiful the weather is. Somewhere it was read that the average trip in an automobile was 2 miles, which makes sense given trips other than to and from work are probably to shops and stores, e.g. the grocery store.

If enough people instead took a bicycle to the store, and did that every time, just think about how much fuel would be saved, how much pollution would be avoided, how much less noise there would be and how much better those people would feel. All while getting their exercise.

This is only one of many ways we can put others first (the Kingdom of God is based on the two great Commandments, upon which all of the others hang) while getting the exercise needed to keep the body fit.

Maes17

Superstar
Ok what's everyone's advice for weight lifting for weight lose but with back issues?
First know your range of motion with your back.
Then lift to rehab those muscles. Posterior chain workouts that target your glutes, hips, hamstrings, core and lower back are good to stabilize a bad back. To lose weight while lifting. Eat healthy, less calories for weight loss. Eat plenty of protein for recovery

Maes17

Superstar
If working out is therapeutic for you. Just do what makes you happy. I don’t workout for aesthetic reasons here. I workout cause I enjoy the activity and pushing myself to improve. Besides workout routines involve a lot of planning/programming to continue to see results in a positive manner

The Agrarian

Veteran
First things first, CORE STRENGTH.
After stretching, warm up with body-weight exercises like pushups and crunches (the aforementioned burpees work great too).

Avoid squats until you've built up the confidence to not hurt yourself. Try bench-press and leg-press if you have access to a gym.

For cardio, I can honestly say rowing machines are the best cardio workout you'll ever get. They tone and get your heart pumping.

Daze

Superstar
I never stretch personally. Just do the sets with very light weight and bump it a bit for a few sets till your work set.

Imho stretching is a waste of time. Work outs take near an hour as it is .

Compound exercises are best for fat loss as they involve using alot of muscles at once. Squat, bench /over head press and dead lifts are prob best to implement.

Many people have "back issues" because they never use thier back and when they need to pick up 50, 60 lbs they end up hurting themselves.

I'd suggest some back work like rows or deads, but if you have actual back problems consult a doctor first.

If fat loss is the main goal you need to work the entire body for best results. Compound movements like pull ups, dips and burpees would make a good program. Don't do sit ups all day thinking you can spot reduce. Its doesn't work that way.

Maes17

Superstar
Make sure you stay adequately hydrated as well. I workout in a very hot garage and push myself to get acclimated to said tempatures. Every once in awhile I fall victim to heat exhaustion - weakness, nausea.

Maes17

Superstar
I’ll sit in front of a swamp AC after, chug a gatorade and relax. I tend to recover after

Daze

Superstar
Make sure you stay adequately hydrated as well. I workout in a very hot garage and push myself to get acclimated to said tempatures. Every once in awhile I fall victim to heat exhaustion - weakness, nausea.
Why not get a portable AC? You can find them for around $300.

Just plug it in and route the exhaust pipe out a window. Instant cool air.

proxy-image.jpg

Maes17

Superstar
Why not get a portable AC? You can find them for around $300.

Just plug it in and route the exhaust pipe out a window. Instant cool air.

View attachment 57369
My garage has no window. We have an AC for the garage, just haven’t connected it. I usually train in extreme temperatures(heat/cold) for acclimation. Yesterday was one of those days where I wasn’t hydrated

Daze

Superstar
My garage has no window. We have an AC for the garage, just haven’t connected it. I usually train in extreme temperatures(heat/cold) for acclimation. Yesterday was one of those days where I wasn’t hydrated
A few days ago i got up from my recliner to get a stick of beef jerky off of a shelf thats a good 6 ft high. Didn't think anything of it, reached up to get the box, brought it down and started to open it and passed out. Don't think i was out long, few seconds maybe. I vaguely remember my head coming into contact with my coffee table. My glasses were on the floor with both lens popped out. Took me a minute or two to realize what happened. I can only imagine i got up too fast and blacked out, blood couldn't reach my brain fast enough? idk.

I've passed out before, when i was a rookie a few decades back doing masonry work. I was putting away a water hose and I attempted to blow all of the water out of the hose, I ended up passing out. Didn't realize what happened then either until a few minutes later after i recovered.

Don't get me wrong, I've only blacked out twice (to my knowledge) and I'll be 42 this Friday so its not like a neurological, life long condition or something.

My point is you don't know what the body can take and it really gives you no warnings. Lifting weights is hard work and if you're living in Arizona where the temps are 120's. You need to be careful. You can end up with a heat stroke and wont know until it happens.