Those who would join the military...

Tikawanda

Established
I remember some of my old friends joining the JROTC in high school, and I personally couldn't tolerate being in their presence. Most of them joined the program because of the benefits like scholarships and such, but there were a few who seemed to enjoy the idea that they'd go fight in a war and hurt people, and it disgusted me.

yiksmes

Established
The Wave is a short made-for-TV movie directed by Alex Grasshoff, based on The Third Wave experiment, which was a social test created by high school history teacher Ron Jones to explain how the German populace could accept the actions of the Nazi regime during the Second World War. The Wave is a 1981 young adult novel by Todd Strasser under the pen name Morton Rhue (though it has been reprinted under Todd Strasser's real name). It is a novelization of a teleplay by Johnny Dawkins for the movie The Wave, a fictionalized account of the "Third Wave" teaching experiment by Ron Jones that took place in a Ellwood P. Cubberley High School history class in Palo Alto, California. The novel by Strasser won the 1981 Massachusetts Book Award for Children's/Young Adult literature.

Has anybody watched this? It's only 46 minutes long btw for a movie...
I heard the book is better but didn't read it...
Anyway i think it's related to the topic.
- Peace

Tidal

Star
Those who would join the military...
What do you tell individuals who would seek to join the military while knowing the truth behind those who ultimately direct it and steer planetary affairs?

I'd say by all means join up if you wouldn't mind taking orders that you don't agree with, or fighting in wars you don't beleive in.
I could never do that, that's why I never joined up, that plus all the boot-polishing bull besides..:)

PS- as for PTSD, only spiritually-shallow wimps get that, maybe they should have joined the scouts instead..:)

Rodreezus

Rookie
You must be pretty privileged if you can earn a living and make a life for yourself without engaging in any institutions in society.

OP you sound immature as hell.