The Return of Jesus the Messiah!

I'm aware... you were a part of the exchange, so why not. And I dont imagine that any of it is either here or there to you, personally, but it does matter-- and it's not really about you-- plenty of other people read the material. Though this will be a good one to cite when someone gets upset because someone has called muhamed a schizophrenic. Again.
The more you go on about it, the less sense you make. I'm not upset about anything, I just didn't understand what your rant about the catholics and your spoilers had to do with my comment to DR. I like you Elsbet, but not in this forum. See you at word challenge. :)

The Return Of Jesus The Messiah

AsSalaam Alaikum WaRahmatullah!

Shaikh Imran Hosein, now aged 76 gives his most emotionally charged lecture on the return of Jesus the Messiah (Eesa Alaihis Salaam), and holds nothing back. Focusing on the prophecy of his return from Muslim sources and the prophesied alliance with the Byzantines (Ar Rum) whom Sheikh Imran Hosein recognizes as the Orthodox Church of Russia today, this lecture reveals some timely insights into the eschatology based on the revealed word of God and the imparted sayings of the Noble Prophet & Messenger of God, Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wasallam!

Hi EX, I actually enjoyed the Lecture of Shaikh Imran Hosein, But unfortunately, not all Muslims have His understanding and temperament. I do not agree with some of his Biblical interpretations, but all in all, it was an uplifting Lecture as a Muslim. The visible Church has so lead and beguiled so many gullible "so called Christians" that they give God a bad name. What once was a Christian founded nation has turned into a Sodom and Gomorra, and Obama made things worse (Obama could not be considered a Muslim or a Christian), just by his continual lying and catering to the homosexual community and abortion laws. His administration opened the flood gates to the erosion of Biblical principles. The erosion started back in the 1960's, but Obama really pushed it forward in his 8 years. Catholicism, The LDS, JW's, CofC, and the Lutheran and Methodius that have homosexual priest are an abomination to God. The USA has taken freedom of speech to a new level of threatening lives, destroying property and even injuring people. Sanctuary Cities that harbor criminals and a corrupted news outlets. Surely the Lord is close to coming.

EpistemiX

Established
Hi EX, I actually enjoyed the Lecture of Shaikh Imran Hosein, But unfortunately, not all Muslims have His understanding and temperament. I do not agree with some of his Biblical interpretations, but all in all, it was an uplifting Lecture as a Muslim. The visible Church has so lead and beguiled so many gullible "so called Christians" that they give God a bad name. What once was a Christian founded nation has turned into a Sodom and Gomorra, and Obama made things worse (Obama could not be considered a Muslim or a Christian), just by his continual lying and catering to the homosexual community and abortion laws. His administration opened the flood gates to the erosion of Biblical principles. The erosion started back in the 1960's, but Obama really pushed it forward in his 8 years. Catholicism, The LDS, JW's, CofC, and the Lutheran and Methodius that have homosexual priest are an abomination to God. The USA has taken freedom of speech to a new level of threatening lives, destroying property and even injuring people. Sanctuary Cities that harbor criminals and a corrupted news outlets. Surely the Lord is close to coming.
Well, two world shaking faiths are waiting for his arrival. Islam and Christianity. Looks like we are in this together.

TokiEl

Superstar
(Obama could not be considered a Muslim or a Christian), just by his continual lying and catering to the homosexual community and abortion laws.
Well he considers himself a Muslim (or a Christian as he can't seem to make up his mind) so who are we to say he is not ?

Who would imagine that the commander in chief of the United States Armed Forces and "the leader of the free world" lol was a Muslim ?

No wonder the Iranians are not afraid of the former great USA ! RIP

Well he considers himself a Muslim (or a Christian as he can't seem to make up his mind) so who are we to say he is not ?
If you were a born again believer or a true Muslim, you would not have to ask that question...Only a Good tree bears Good fruit.

elsbet

Superstar
I read beyond that but it seems almost generic (for lack of a better term).
There no are specific people in the book-- and that is unusual. Also, works justify the righteous.

Why.. what is it that appeals to you?
Well i was responding to what you said about Jesus being presented as 'dead' by catholics.
The first thing i was going to say was that the 'one' on the cross ie the dead Jesus represents the death of our carnal nature..the flesh.
So no one who is christian should look at it and think of Jesus dying but as his carnal nature being put to death.

The text i linked you is deuterocanonical, because it's real author is not Solomon even though it is written as if it is. However it most certainly was written before Jesus Christ.

The idea of canon, non-canon didnt exist back then. it's not like the jews used to have one big book they called the bible..each book ie the 5 scrolls andf beyond were seperate texts and the jews studied each accordingly.
The book of Wisdom was certainly highly regarded before Jesus came.

now if you read the first 3 chapters you would have noticed, it talks about the same topic ie life/death..spirit vs flesh. The 'righteous man' who they put to death, who thinks of himself as the son of God...is a prophecy of Jesus and the ones who he opposed who rejected 'life after death' were the sadducees.
So these 3 chapters teach us LIFE rather than death.

ie
12 Do not invite death by the error of your life, or bring on destruction by the works of your hands;

13 because God did not make death, and he does not delight in the death of the living.

14 For he created all things so that they might exist; the generative forces of the world are wholesome, and there is no destructive poison in them, and the dominion of Hades is not on earth.

15 For righteousness is immortal.

16 But the ungodly by their words and deeds summoned death; considering him a friend, they pined away and made a covenant with him, because they are fit to belong to his company.

before being crucified Jesus said
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell

notice 'kill the body but cannot kill the soul'
we are not our body.

Now why this is all relevant to catholicism is because this book was highly regarded by the church fathers and many inc it in the bible. The Jews however rejected it as non-canonical and i think if you understood the context of what it reveals and inc the strong possibility it's real author was PHILO (the hellenised jewish philosopher who introduced the logos from greek philosophy into a judaic context and thus shaped the origins of christianity)..then you would 'get' why it was rejected by jews.
But christians certainly didnt reject it....not until that lunatic guy called Martin Luther who declared the catholic church 'the whore of babylon' and the pope to be 'the false prophet/anti-christ'.
He was not firing on all cylinders for sure....
HE rejected Wisdom because the catholics didn't...
as a result most protestant christians don't read Wisdom, many have never heard of it...and they ought to.
Catholics believe in it and it teaches LIFE...not death, in contrast to what you said.

it dooesnt deny the 'death' part but it says
2 In the eyes of the foolish they seemed to have died, and their departure was thought to be a disaster,

3 and their going from us to be their destruction; but they are at peace.

4 For though in the sight of others they were punished, their hope is full of immortality.

I just want to clarify something about my original comment. It's more than just the talk really. It's more about the online beardbros and sistabros trend.
It was because Mufti Abu Layth said he doesn't believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ AS and so you had all the beardbro muppetry on social media trying to'expose' mufti Abu layth but not for authentic reasons. They do it, to act as guardians of a version of islam that is approved by the sistabros.
if a sisterbro is like 'ewww sheikh imran he seems so dodgy' and she is visibly ugly, i guarantee you the beardbros will ignore that
but if she's even half pretty...they will go full commando jihad on the guy.
ironically, the OP does seem to approve of both imran hossein and abu layth but he's also bipolar and prob caught between the approval of two different sistabros or probably even many.

This topic also became a hot topic then all these english speaking sheikhs decided to keep up their relevance/popularity etc by choosing this topic to talk about.

Also it is very difficult for me to listen to imran hossein because he doesnt just get to the point but when he ultimately does, it's usually off track. the constant stalling and staring and half joke rhetorical qs mean by the time he gets to his point people are already convinced he knows what he's talking about. I've noticed that with his generation, they ask a lot of rhetorical questions when talking, forcing you to 'concede'

'is da troof in kashmir?'
no ya sheikh, therefore please tell us where da troof iz plz
this is why the prophet SAW said eloquence is a form of sorcery...

he says verse 4:157 means Isa AS 'appeared to die' and then resorts to saying 'Allah took his soul'.when he finally makes his point.
implying that Isa AS was completely unconscious and simply woke up later. This is totally false if you had the mind to do some basic research.

the Quran says

3:55
Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

this was not referring to an event that occurred when Jesus was nailed to the cross, this is a reference to his ascension after all that.
It is deceitful to alter the meaning, or give it meaning that isn't implied ie that 'Jesus was nailed to the cross but God made him unconscious so that means he didnt die but only appeared to die'

furthermore if the sheikh was actually thorough (and again he NEVER is) he would have noticed in this verse it also says

I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection:

So going from here we have to take into account the position of the disciples...ie Peter who saw the vision in the cloud which made eating 'unawlful food' (ie pork) 'lawful'.
Yet trust me on this muslims who have often talked about Peter's vision literally say he was led astray by the devil ie that the authentic christianity of Jesus was corrupted by people like Peter directly.
This contradicts the Quran narrative for sure.

Although i appreciate the sheikh did say Isa AS was def the one on the cross. I'm happy he is not STUPID enough to believe in the 'replacement theory' nonsense that was a complete misinterpretation of a gnostic text anyway.

The reason we are told 'or so it was made to appear to them' is because the people responsible for the crucifixion, the Sadducee sect, didn't believe in life after death. They regarded the physical life as the only life and therefore to die in the physical meant you were finished. So he 'appeared to die' in their mind because they were spiritually blind.
Whereas if you actually look at islam and christianity they very much teach martydom/life after death for sure. In fact islam does go deeper
the Quran says

(2) And say not of those who are slain in the way of Allah: "They are dead." Nay, they are living, though ye perceive (it) not.
(سورة البقرة, Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #154)

how can muslims know this verse and still not get it? THIS is exactly what Jesus was teaching

Matthew 10
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

I hate having to repeat this point 10000x because no matter what there are muslims here who will read and be completely opposed and think imran hossein or someone else is 'completely right'
they are stupid people imo...the Quran is very clear about many things and if muslims paid attention they would have found many news doors through which they could explore and learn 'islam'.

oh and the "im a christian but i totally 100% believe every single thing the sheikh says" comments on that video are fake just like the OP's fake stories.
bringing that ergun caner shit to islam now.
the beardbros have risen..