The rare occasion where a Hamas official, the Qur’an and David Wood agree…

irrationalNinja

Veteran
But Christ specifically used the word "Synagogue".

The word synagogue is used elsewhere as well - from memory, in the book of Matthew. So it's not like Christ was being deliberately ambiguous about who he was talking about.
In the passages mentioning the “synagogue of Satan” it is in the context of messages to the churches of Smyrna (Revelation 2:9) and Philadelphia (Revelation 3:9), respectively. From my reading of the passages, Jesus wants John to write to the churches, commending them for their faithfulness, in the face of idolatry, and corrupting by the “synagogue of Satan,” which, in my opinion, is a reference to a group of not-Jews (probably pagan religious types) in those cities (Smyrna and Philadelphia) in that time period.

If my exegesis is adequate, the synagogue of Satan may be referring to groups in both Smyrna and Philadelphia at the time John penned Revelation. It would appear the church at Smyrna was at risk of proponents of Luciferian (Satanic) doctrine—the mystery religions they were surrounded by—posing as Jews and converting to Christianity in name only, to lead the church away into idolatry—as the nation of Israel had been lead astray so often throughout their history.

The end-times prophecies appear to begin after the shout-outs to the seven churches. No other references appear for the synagogue of Satan. Based on the text, it is unconvincing, to me, “the synagogue of Satan” is a prophecy from the Bible confirming the narrative that modern day Israel is not inhabited by Jews but actually Satanic Khazars, or Ashkenazis—just not Jews.

Additionally, in the Gospels, whenever Jesus refers to the Pharisees (dare I say, the Zionists of the day), he says, “Pharisees.” He doesn’t call them the synagogue of Satan. Considering how the Pharisees had corrupted the law, and how often Jesus called them out on it, he never refers to Pharisees as the synagogue of Satan.

This all leads me to believe references to the synagogue of Satan in Revelation 2:9 and Revelation 3:9 are not references to Jews at all, but pagans in Smyrna and Philadelphia masquerading as Jews attempting to corrupt the newly founded Christian churches from the inside.

That is not a claim from authority, simply my perspective from reading the Bible and basic historical analysis of the region at the time of Christ.

irrationalNinja

Veteran
And yet you pretend that Christ's specific, and easy to understand description is "tricky", as if Christ is somehow deceitful and you are in a position to judge Christ.
By “tricky,” I mean to say if you do not read the Bible, especially Revelation, in the right context, you will be tricked into believing all sorts of fantastical ideas.

Karlysymon

Superstar
What a bore. Just a bunch of hollow, uninformed conjecture.

Talk about “mind-raped by the System.” You sound like a perpetual victim, without even knowing it.
There is an image at the bottom of this 2019 post. Let me know if those geographical boundaries accommodate a Palestinian state.

Slightly off topic but as this is the way things have drifted, a Native American perspective on the legitimacy of Modern Israel.

In the same spirit, i trust that a recent NYT piece will excite your your faculties and/or biases. I already posted it here.