The Democratic Primaries

justjess

Superstar
Bernie is completely consistent, except for the interviews you showed where he was previously against immigration and said it depresses wages, but I don't want to read those so I'll ignore them.

I hate the right wing establishment, I don't like any of the people you mentioned, and I don't like free trade much either. I'm a protectionist, nationalist, and conservative. I understand the country very well, I think you have serious problems with it. The country was founded on the exact opposite of open borders and globalism LOL. Go read Washington's farewell address, he specifically talks about the dangers of foreign entanglements. America wasn't supposed to get involved in global affairs. You can trace back the history of America and until the 1965 immigration Act, America was designed to be a white country. They were the only people allowed to immigrate here. Open borders and globalism is great for elites and bureaucrats, it's terrible for our country and the average citizen.
“America was designed to be a white country”

Your just conveniently leaving out that from the very start we were shipping in Africans as slave labor and Asians as cheap labor for the railroads etc.

Not to mention when Italians and Irish came here they were considered black. We were still let in. In droves and this was prior to the 1960’s. But they needed us, again, as cheap labor to build their skyscrapers and work their coal mines.

You might want to reconsider your position. This country was never a “white country” - and the addition of non white people was purposeful. I’m sorry that the majority of us aren’t too keen to go back to a world where non white people occupy a clear and separate and deliberate second class of citizen.

I don’t know why he flip - flopped and a couple of quotes does not necessarily tell me he did. I’ll look into it and get back to you. But I will say this, he isn’t calling for open borders NOW. Immigration isn’t a black and white issue - either open borders or none at all - for the vast majority of people in this country it’s more complicated then that.

In exchange for closed borders would you be okay with pulling back the USA’s entire global presence? Sending some sort of financial support to the south and Central American countries that we helped create crisis in with our policies?

weskrongden

Veteran
“America was designed to be a white country”

Your just conveniently leaving out that from the very start we were shipping in Africans as slave labor and Asians as cheap labor for the railroads etc.

Not to mention when Italians and Irish came here they were considered black. We were still let in. In droves and this was prior to the 1960’s. But they needed us, again, as cheap labor to build their skyscrapers and work their coal mines.

You might want to reconsider your position. This country was never a “white country” - and the addition of non white people was purposeful. I’m sorry that the majority of us aren’t too keen to go back to a world where non white people occupy a clear and separate and deliberate second class of citizen.

I don’t know why he flip - flopped and a couple of quotes does not necessarily tell me he did. I’ll look into it and get back to you. But I will say this, he isn’t calling for open borders NOW. Immigration isn’t a black and white issue - either open borders or none at all - for the vast majority of people in this country it’s more complicated then that.

In exchange for closed borders would you be okay with pulling back the USA’s entire global presence? Sending some sort of financial support to the south and Central American countries that we helped create crisis in with our policies?
It was always over 80% white, with the vast majority of minorities being blacks who were not intended to be citizens when brought here obviously. The Asian presence was minimal. Italians and Irish were looked down upon to some degree but they were still considered white in the eyes of the law.

I don't know of any successful multi racial country. It breeds distrust and disunity. We bring people here who don't assimilate and support global interests over America. Let's look at Mexico, they have a harsh enforcement immigration policy, but Mexicans here demand we be soft. How about India? They have a very nationalistic government. But here they oppose American nationalism. Could it be because Indians in India are more patriotic and have a deeper love for their home country than Indian immigrants in America?

Of course I want America to pull back it's global presence. I'm an isolationist and a strident believer in sovereignty around the world. I respect other cultures; I just don't want them all mixed in one country.

justjess

Superstar
It was always over 80% white, with the vast majority of minorities being blacks who were not intended to be citizens when brought here obviously. The Asian presence was minimal. Italians and Irish were looked down upon to some degree but they were still considered white in the eyes of the law.

I don't know of any successful multi racial country. It breeds distrust and disunity. We bring people here who don't assimilate and support global interests over America. Let's look at Mexico, they have a harsh enforcement immigration policy, but Mexicans here demand we be soft. How about India? They have a very nationalistic government. But here they oppose American nationalism. Could it be because Indians in India are more patriotic and have a deeper love for their home country than Indian immigrants in America?

Of course I want America to pull back it's global presence. I'm an isolationist and a strident believer in sovereignty around the world. I respect other cultures; I just don't want them all mixed in one country.
No, they weren’t. Italians and Irish and plenty of other immigrant groups from Europe we now consider white weren’t considered white when they first came here.

The ruling class of this country has been dealing in “undesirable immigration” since its inception in order to line their own pockets. It’s probably the most American thing about America. If they really wanted to stop immigration, they would. It isn’t about a wall or whatever catch phrase trump is using to mentally manipulate the population while he hires illegal immigrants and ships in foreign workers for his own businesses. You think all these rich people are going to give up their nannies and maids?

I get the frustration with the economy - if that’s what this is rooted in - but I can assure you that THIS is not the cause of the struggles of the working class.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I'm against the entire globalist system, which includes immigration. That's why I'm not a hypocrite unlike others who support anything that means more nonwhite people in the country. I see there were no responses to Bernie's immigration flip flops.
Why dont you move to a "white" nation if your delicate sensibilities cannot handle the multi-ethnic tradition of the US or the changing racial makeup of Western Europe?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I responded to your immigrant posts like five times.

To sum up: Seal the borders, I don’t care. But do not expect it to do anything. Global trade won’t go away because we kicked the immigrants out. Business owners and corporations won’t get less greedy. Unions won’t come back.

And the people who legislate to kick them out, 100% guaranteed, will write in loopholes to keep the ones they personally profit off.

Blame the system, not the symptom.
Dang skippy.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

Was America "over 80% white" when the Pilgrims arrived?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Not in this case, cause I believe it to be true. I don't have to be a fan to like a quote. Hell, I give Likes to people on this forum who I don't necessarily agree with most of time.
I feel you on the likes, but I aint quoting no child predators (knowingly anyways)! Thats a no-fly zone..... and we enforced that behind bars.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I had to find a website with that story that wasn't drenched in blatant ad-hominum/straw man liberal bias. It was an interesting story and creepy as hell. I still like the quote and I'm not throwing away my Rush 2112 album either.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I had to find a website with that story that wasn't drenched in blatant ad-hominum/straw man liberal bias. It was an interesting story and creepy as hell. I still like the quote and I'm not throwing away my Rush 2112 album either.
2112 is a reference to her?

weskrongden

Veteran
No, they weren’t. Italians and Irish and plenty of other immigrant groups from Europe we now consider white weren’t considered white when they first came here.

The ruling class of this country has been dealing in “undesirable immigration” since its inception in order to line their own pockets. It’s probably the most American thing about America. If they really wanted to stop immigration, they would. It isn’t about a wall or whatever catch phrase trump is using to mentally manipulate the population while he hires illegal immigrants and ships in foreign workers for his own businesses. You think all these rich people are going to give up their nannies and maids?

I get the frustration with the economy - if that’s what this is rooted in - but I can assure you that THIS is not the cause of the struggles of the working class.
That PBS piece was absurd. Citing the RAISE Act and merit based immigration as white nationalist, LOL. They media and left are so far left on immigration, you can't adjust the numbers or have any standards. Let in an unlimited number of brown people or we'll call you racist. The article says they were looked down upon, which I acknowledged. They were never considered black, don't exaggerate your point to ridiculous degrees.

Back then we had new states being formed, an industrial revolution, no welfare. Not at all similar tothe country of today. And mass immigration has not happened continuously. Up until 1965, for about 50 years we had low immigration rates. People were very happy with those rates and very few wanted to change it. Then they passed Hart-Cellar by lying and blew the doors off immigration.

I don't know who you're arguing with about rich people and the ruling class wanting more immigration. I've said that over and over. I'm not just against low skill immigrants and refugees. I'm against things like H1Bs too.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
That PBS piece was absurd. Citing the RAISE Act and merit based immigration as white nationalist, LOL. They media and left are so far left on immigration, you can't adjust the numbers or have any standards. Let in an unlimited number of brown people or we'll call you racist. The article says they were looked down upon, which I acknowledged. They were never considered black, don't exaggerate your point to ridiculous degrees.

Back then we had new states being formed, an industrial revolution, no welfare. Not at all similar tothe country of today. And mass immigration has not happened continuously. Up until 1965, for about 50 years we had low immigration rates. People were very happy with those rates and very few wanted to change it. Then they passed Hart-Cellar by lying and blew the doors off immigration.

I don't know who you're arguing with about rich people and the ruling class wanting more immigration. I've said that over and over. I'm not just against low skill immigrants and refugees. I'm against things like H1Bs too.
Do you have very many immigrants where you live?

weskrongden

Veteran
Do you have very many immigrants where you live?
I live in a pretty decent suburb so mostly Indians. They're nice enough people, I don't hate them or anything like that. I just don't believe in multiculturalism or globalism.

justjess

Superstar
I live in a pretty decent suburb so mostly Indians. They're nice enough people, I don't hate them or anything like that. I just don't believe in multiculturalism or globalism.
Are there jobs where you live? Do you see the job supply in your region increasing if there weren’t any immigrants?

weskrongden

Veteran
Are there jobs where you live? Do you see the job supply in your region increasing if there weren’t any immigrants?
If course, if they aren't here then someone else would get hired to fill them at a higher wage because they'd have to compete for Americans.