The Democratic Primaries

weskrongden

Veteran
I agree. The panic over immigration was drummed up in 2015, it's been the central focus of the president and his supporters- from his campaign to the government shutdown, now dipping back into the military budget- it's all about the wall.

Immigration rates are near what they've been for 40 years. The number have increased since 2010 but there's no need for corporate manufactured hysteria. The immigrant population is still hovering below 15%. 30% of immigrants are Mexican. The other 60% come from all around the world. We need to think about the facts properly and find solutions with these other countries.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/frequently-requested-statistics-immigrants-and-immigration-united-states

Wages, health care, and income equality are much more important issues to me. So are campaign finance reform, community investment, and affordable housing.

While people freak out about immigration updates from FOX, they should remember their boy has rolled back dozens of environmental regulations, given a tax break to the wealthiest banks, and cut funding for Medicare. Drumph then helps push through the USMCA (NAFTA 2.0) which Bernie Sanders opposed. It's another sell-out of US workers and producers. The greatest tool we had in 25 years to force corporations and governments to address the immigration issue was turned into a give-away to transnational tax absconders, it's disgusting.

We will expose Trump not only for the liar, pathological liar that he is... He is a fraud. He is a liar. And we will expose him for what he is.- Bernie Sanders
Fox is actually mostly pro legal immigration with rare, tepid exceptions. The Murdochs are pro immigration. Wages healthcare, income equality, affordable housing are all related to immigration. You are on the side of big business and the ultra free market capitalists. It's funny since immigration rates exploded 40 years ago, wages have stagnated. People didn't want immigration rates to increase when they passed the 1965 Immigration Act. People were very happy with the low rates the country had.

A little Bernie before he sold out for immigrant votes:

FLIP FLOP

weskrongden

Veteran
More for your reading pleasure

justjess

Superstar
No the rich and big business always want more immigrants LOL. Supply and demand is not a hard concept to understand. Increase the supply of labor and wages stagnate. Same for housing. That is why the rich WANT MORE IMMIGRATION. It's blatantly untrue that the wealthy and ultra free market capitalists don't want more immigrants, they do. I hear that false hood all the time.

What you say just isn't true. Housing absolutely costs a hell of a lot more in NYC or San Francisco or Austin or any city that has had very high immigration rates. Many immigrants use more in services than they put in and whenever Trump tries to put in a fix to make sure we only get immigrants who are self sufficient (I don't even them because it's more competition for white collar wages), Democrats and the court system oppose it, so more tax dollars go to support immigrants using social services. It's a fact that most Hispanic immigrants use social services. Bernie wants to create a massive lure to immigrants with these social programs and additionally he wants to go soft on enforcement. It's absolutely going to dilute the value we would get from his programs. Why would we want poor people with limited to no skills to come take advantage of universal healthcare and any other programs?
I never said the rich don’t WANT immigration. Even trump WANTS immigration. If he didn’t he wouldn’t use illegal construction workers and ask for foreign worker visas for WAITRESSES when I can assure you there is no shortage of native construction workers and waitresses in ny, N.J., and Florida.

What I did say is that they use the immigrant issue as a scapegoat to get people blaming immigrants for low wages and shitty jobs to divert attention from the real cause of low wages and shitty jobs. It’s a con game.

I also didn’t say housing was cheaper in NY or N.J.
I said that the employment market was better. Way higher wages, more stable jobs. I’d be making almost three times what I currently make for the same position in NY or N.J. than I do in PA. We literally have NO immigrants here. It is almost all white. Most of the poorest states in this country also have negligable immigrant populations. So if immigrants aren’t causing it in these places - because there are none - what is? And if the states with higher wages also have large immigrant populations how do you reconcile that?

And yes, housing prices are insane in nyc. But immigrants only play a small role in that (supply/demand). The truth is there’s not really a supply shortage in these places. There is a massive gentrification problem, however. Low and moderate income housing has been revamped by landlords to market towards the upper classes and working people end up getting prices out of their own neighborhoods. Unless we want to talk about immigration of citizens from poorer states to wealthier states it’s not a complete discussion. And why do southerners and Midwesterner s leave their immigrant free states to move to immigrant heavy northeastern ones? Because corporations and businesses choose to center their companies with all their jobs there. So you get a massive influx of people coming to work where they can actually make money, and landlords who’d rather cater to that crowd, spiking rent prices and working people pushed out - including immigrants.

I will tell you why my wages are so low. I work in an industry that is very fragmented with a ton of middle management companies securing all the work and taking a huge portion of the reimbursement for my labor for themselves. On top of that my job depends on health insurance reimbursement and my state has a law mandating that anyone receiving the services I provide use Medicaid to pay for it - they will provide Medicaid to any child with a disability regardless of parental income. At first it seems like this is a very benevolent thing to do, at second glance not so much. If they limit these services to Medicaid recipients and mandate only Medicaid can pay for them they keep the wage floor artificially low for providers. In other states that don’t have this arrangement private health insurers pay much higher wages for the service so the employees pay is higher because he higher reimbursement rates from other health insurance offsets the lower Medicaid rates. So even now it would seem “well then medicaid is the problem you shouldn’t want universal health care” right? But it’s not. The problem is the middle management companies set up solely for profit that do basically nothing but siphon off more than HALF of that reimbursement rate for THEMSELVES. I could live quite comfortably on the Medicaid reimbursement rate for my position ($32/hr last time I checked). I can not live comfortable when I’m given less than 1/2 of that with no benefits or paid time off or anything to account for the company taking that big of a chunk. This isn’t an advertisement heavy industry, any agency I ever worked in had maybe 2-3 people in the office doing back end (paid just as shittily as me if not worse), they’re biggest expense is liability insurance which I would gladly pay for myself if it increased my wages. Add all this to the fact that I live in a part of the country where the labor market is generally horrific and people are desperate for work so you have a workforce who doesn’t even understand how bad they’re getting screwed because they don’t know any better... an industry with no unions, and a geographic region so depressed even the few unions that exist struggle to provide decent employment..

But yeah, it’s the immigrants, sure:rolleyes:

As I said I’m okay with sealing the borders. Just don’t expect it to change anything.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Actually the States are made up of immigrants and that’s common knowledge.. Immigrants are more than welcome and encouraged to come here for a chance at a better life...BUT..legally... Anyway Bernie is once again more loyal to the almighty dollar than his own voters...He’s a Commie and it’s obvious he has no real interest in anything other than himself but it doesn’t matter anyway.. he has no chance to win the Presidency let alone beat Trump.. I’d like to see who could make it through one debate with our President before he rips them a new one.. EzPz
Tulsi, Yang and Sanders all decimate Trump in a debate. The rest of the field, doubtful and Trump would delight in tearing their wings off in front of the nation lol

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
View attachment 32219
Don’t be fooled by Bernie Sanders — he’s a diehard communist
Ayn Rand was a complete basket case who idolized men whom raped, tortured and murdered children. You might want to check your source.....

justjess

Superstar
The NY POST is owned by Rupert Murdock. Same guy that owns FOX news. Also, great friends with trump.

Paul Sperry is a member of the Hoover institution, one of their main funders is the Walton family. Connect dots.

justjess

Superstar
Fox is actually mostly pro legal immigration with rare, tepid exceptions. The Murdochs are pro immigration. Wages healthcare, income equality, affordable housing are all related to immigration. You are on the side of big business and the ultra free market capitalists. It's funny since immigration rates exploded 40 years ago, wages have stagnated. People didn't want immigration rates to increase when they passed the 1965 Immigration Act. People were very happy with the low rates the country had.

A little Bernie before he sold out for immigrant votes:

FLIP FLOP
This is what actually exploded approximately 40-60 years ago. 870695F6-0326-4DDB-9100-2DE70C1D0ED8.png

weskrongden

Veteran
This is what actually exploded approximately 40-60 years ago. View attachment 32255
I'm against the entire globalist system, which includes immigration. That's why I'm not a hypocrite unlike others who support anything that means more nonwhite people in the country. I see there were no responses to Bernie's immigration flip flops.

justjess

Superstar
I responded to your immigrant posts like five times.

To sum up: Seal the borders, I don’t care. But do not expect it to do anything. Global trade won’t go away because we kicked the immigrants out. Business owners and corporations won’t get less greedy. Unions won’t come back.

And the people who legislate to kick them out, 100% guaranteed, will write in loopholes to keep the ones they personally profit off.

Blame the system, not the symptom.

DavidSon

Star
I'm against the entire globalist system, which includes immigration. That's why I'm not a hypocrite unlike others who support anything that means more nonwhite people in the country. I see there were no responses to Bernie's immigration flip flops.
And you have nothing to say about the USMCA, or Dump and his filth Dershowitz, Acosta, Pompeo, Friedman, Pence, Barr, Epstein, John Hagee, McConnell, Rubio, Netenyahu, Kushner, Wibur Ross ...the list is never-ending. The US right-wing establishment cult (and centrist demoncrats) are the enemy not just of America, but of mankind.

Sanders puts his vote where his mouth is so you're flip-flop commentary is laughably bad. A lifelong progressive like Bernie will shred Drumph's lies to pieces. Sit back and enjoy the ride my bro.

I was trying to ignore your replies as we don't have much to say. I'm not reading your links about the democratic primaries and you obviously aren't reading mine.To me you show signs of lacking a fundamental grasp on the history of the country. I think you should keep reading.. bring up material to share that's thought provoking and worth talking about.

weskrongden

Veteran
And you have nothing to say about the USMCA, or Dump and his filth Dershowitz, Acosta, Pompeo, Friedman, Pence, Barr, Epstein, John Hagee, McConnell, Rubio, Netenyahu, Kushner, Wibur Ross ...the list is never-ending. The US right-wing establishment cult (and centrist demoncrats) are the enemy not just of America, but of mankind.

Sanders puts his vote where his mouth is so you're flip-flop commentary is laughably bad. A lifelong progressive like Bernie will shred Drumph's lies to pieces. Sit back and enjoy the ride my bro.

I was trying to ignore your replies as we don't have much to say. I'm not reading your links about the democratic primaries and you obviously aren't reading mine.To me you show signs of lacking a fundamental grasp on the history of the country. I think you should keep reading.. bring up material to share that's thought provoking and worth talking about.
Bernie is completely consistent, except for the interviews you showed where he was previously against immigration and said it depresses wages, but I don't want to read those so I'll ignore them.

I hate the right wing establishment, I don't like any of the people you mentioned, and I don't like free trade much either. I'm a protectionist, nationalist, and conservative. I understand the country very well, I think you have serious problems with it. The country was founded on the exact opposite of open borders and globalism LOL. Go read Washington's farewell address, he specifically talks about the dangers of foreign entanglements. America wasn't supposed to get involved in global affairs. You can trace back the history of America and until the 1965 immigration Act, America was designed to be a white country. They were the only people allowed to immigrate here. Open borders and globalism is great for elites and bureaucrats, it's terrible for our country and the average citizen.

DavidSon

Star
Bernie is completely consistent, except for the interviews you showed where he was previously against immigration and said it depresses wages, but I don't want to read those so I'll ignore them.

I hate the right wing establishment, I don't like any of the people you mentioned, and I don't like free trade much either. I'm a protectionist, nationalist, and conservative. I understand the country very well, I think you have serious problems with it. The country was founded on the exact opposite of open borders and globalism LOL. Go read Washington's farewell address, he specifically talks about the dangers of foreign entanglements. America wasn't supposed to get involved in global affairs. You can trace back the history of America and until the 1965 immigration Act, America was designed to be a white country. They were the only people allowed to immigrate here. Open borders and globalism is great for elites and bureaucrats, it's terrible for our country and the average citizen.
Again we're so far apart ideologically there's no chance of reaching a consensus on anything politically for now. The Republic of the United States has grown into something so much greater than original 13 colonies imagined. Washington and the other slave owning free-masons may have helped construct the Constitution but it's the ideals enshrined there- not the acts of barbarous men- that earned admiration from the world. America in 200 years will be a totally new demographic. We will probably take down the images of the sinful, criminal founding fathers (which is already happening). The memory of the Constitution is what will last- not the names of colonizing Protestant abusers.

I already told you I give a fuck about immigration. .1% of the population have more wealth than the other 90% of America combined. You need to get your priorities straight.

So where do you stand in the US political arena Wes? Did you vote for Donald S. in 2016 and will you vote for him again? Is that what the disturbance is about?

weskrongden

Veteran
Again we're so far apart ideologically there's no chance of reaching a consensus on anything politically for now. The Republic of the United States has grown into something so much greater than original 13 colonies imagined. Washington and the other slave owning free-masons may have helped construct the Constitution but it's the ideals enshrined there- not the acts of barbarous men- that earned admiration from the world. America in 200 years will be a totally new demographic. We will probably take down the images of the sinful, criminal founding fathers (which is already happening). The memory of the Constitution is what will last- not the names of colonizing Protestant abusers.

I already told you I give a fuck about immigration. .1% of the population have more wealth than the other 90% of America combined. You need to get your priorities straight.

So where do you stand in the US political arena Wes? Did you vote for Donald S. in 2016 and will you vote for him again? Is that what the disturbance is about?
Yeah that .1% loves immigration LOL. Take a look at California, most immigrants and highest income inequality. A state of serfs and lords. That's what your open border ideals get you.

Try and throw in more leftist buzzwords next time. I'm sure your fellow far, far left lunatics will be very impressed. Washington and the founding fathers' memory and legacy will always be honored and cherished by many true Americans. The country will long split and dissolve before you far left lunatics can impose your crazy globalist vision on the rest of us.

DavidSon

Star
Yeah that .1% loves immigration LOL. Take a look at California, most immigrants and highest income inequality. A state of serfs and lords. That's what your open border ideals get you.

Try and throw in more leftist buzzwords next time. I'm sure your fellow far, far left lunatics will be very impressed. Washington and the founding fathers' memory and legacy will always be honored and cherished by many true Americans. The country will long split and dissolve before you far left lunatics can impose your crazy globalist vision on the rest of us.
I'll take that as a yes. Ohaha, that's a good one- like Crazy Bernie right? Enjoy yourself buddy. :D

weskrongden

Veteran
I'll take that as a yes. Ohaha, that's a good one- like Crazy Bernie right? Enjoy yourself buddy. :D
Bernie Sanders: “Open Borders? That’s a Koch Brothers Proposal.” Reporter: “But it would make a lot of global poor richer, wouldn’t it?” Bernie: “And it’d make everyone in America poorer.”

You're never going to respond to that because you have no response. You know who supports open borders? The top 1%, big business, bankers, ect... Those are all the people who benefit from open borders and increased globalization.