The American “Coup d’etat”

GOP senators seized control of PA Senate to ask more time to review November 3rd results. Some Democrat senators didn't like that (video included in link).

Republicans in the chamber made a motion to not seat state Democratic Sen. Jim Brewster, whose narrow win in November is being challenged by his GOP opponent.

When Democratic Lt. Gov. John Fetterman objected to the motion Tuesday -- insisting that Brewster be sworn in -- the state GOP took the rare step of seizing control of the proceedings from him.

The intense sequence kicked off when GOP state Sen. Ryan Aument introduced the motion to not seat Brewster until "such time as the Senate had the opportunity for further consideration of the contest petition."

The motion, Aument said, "is not debatable. And I ask that the motion be put to a vote immediately."
Fetterman replied, "The chair does not recognize the motion introduced by the Senator Aument."

Aument ultimately asserted, "Mr. President, it is your duty to properly put a motion properly before this body. If you continue to refuse to perform your duties, the Senate will proceed to replace you with the interim president pro tempore."

Senate President Pro Tempore Jake Corman, a Republican, then replaced Fetterman.

The scene drew swift backlash from Democrats across the state, including Gov. Tom Wolf, who said in a statement, "This is a shameful power grab that disgraces the institution."

"It is simply unethical and undemocratic to leave the district without a voice simply because the Republicans don't like the outcome of the election. Voters, not Harrisburg politicians, decided this election, and Sen. Brewster is the rightful winner," Wolf said.

"All ballots were counted and certified, and the results are accurate. Sen. Brewster received the most votes in this race and should be sworn in as the Senator for the 45th District. There is no precedent, and no legal rationale, for failing to do so," he added.

The state Republicans' case for not sitting Brewster rests on a lawsuit filed by his opponent, Nicole Ziccarelli. She is seeking to overturn her election loss through the removal of some Allegheny County mail-in ballots that didn't include handwritten dates on their outer declaration envelopes.

Matthew Haverstick, an attorney for Ziccarelli, celebrated the state GOP's efforts Tuesday, telling CNN in a statement he's confident in their lawsuit.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

Maes17

Superstar
GOP senators seized control of PA Senate to ask more time to review November 3rd results. Some Democrat senators didn't like that (video included in link).

Republicans in the chamber made a motion to not seat state Democratic Sen. Jim Brewster, whose narrow win in November is being challenged by his GOP opponent.

When Democratic Lt. Gov. John Fetterman objected to the motion Tuesday -- insisting that Brewster be sworn in -- the state GOP took the rare step of seizing control of the proceedings from him.

The intense sequence kicked off when GOP state Sen. Ryan Aument introduced the motion to not seat Brewster until "such time as the Senate had the opportunity for further consideration of the contest petition."

The motion, Aument said, "is not debatable. And I ask that the motion be put to a vote immediately."
Fetterman replied, "The chair does not recognize the motion introduced by the Senator Aument."

Aument ultimately asserted, "Mr. President, it is your duty to properly put a motion properly before this body. If you continue to refuse to perform your duties, the Senate will proceed to replace you with the interim president pro tempore."

Senate President Pro Tempore Jake Corman, a Republican, then replaced Fetterman.

The scene drew swift backlash from Democrats across the state, including Gov. Tom Wolf, who said in a statement, "This is a shameful power grab that disgraces the institution."

"It is simply unethical and undemocratic to leave the district without a voice simply because the Republicans don't like the outcome of the election. Voters, not Harrisburg politicians, decided this election, and Sen. Brewster is the rightful winner," Wolf said.

"All ballots were counted and certified, and the results are accurate. Sen. Brewster received the most votes in this race and should be sworn in as the Senator for the 45th District. There is no precedent, and no legal rationale, for failing to do so," he added.

The state Republicans' case for not sitting Brewster rests on a lawsuit filed by his opponent, Nicole Ziccarelli. She is seeking to overturn her election loss through the removal of some Allegheny County mail-in ballots that didn't include handwritten dates on their outer declaration envelopes.

Matthew Haverstick, an attorney for Ziccarelli, celebrated the state GOP's efforts Tuesday, telling CNN in a statement he's confident in their lawsuit.
Anything after January 6th is political theater bud.
Trying to argue why is getting us nowhere in this thread.

I enjoy seeing you guys throw in possible scenarios to educate people of rights.

But Vancity and Jess are telling you guys there is nothing left to see.

Maes17

Superstar
It’s questionable but apparently judges etc found no evidence.

Remember 2004? Supposedly Bush cheated.
People will get over this like elections past

justjess

Superstar
You’re just confirming what I said. It comes down to whether you can address the content: the data, their arguments and conclusions. Can you?
They have not presented the data. Assertions are not data. I can say eight million dead people voted - I need to back it up if I want people to take it seriously. They have not backed up anything they said. If they had they would have won in court.

for the record pseudo science theories about fold marks aren’t evidence either.

justjess

Superstar
You’re just as adept at logical fallacies as vancity. Your conclusion doesn’t follow from the premise.

And after all these years you oughta know by now how much value I give to your anecdotal evidence and arguments, another proficiency of yours.
About as much value as I give to your supposed intelligence. None. Judges that he appointed himself tossed his cases out the door. Because there was nothing to them.
Still not alleging fraud. Still trying to throw out real people’s real votes. Just be honest about it at this point.

@justjess

You can continue to act like a shill on a mission, but everyone already knows your pov. Any evidence or proof that has been and will be presented makes no difference. You are programmed to say there is no fraud, that Trump is organising a coup and that he's disenfranchising millions of voters. There's no point in repeating the same thing over and over if there's no change in your opinion, or if you're not posting new information. All you're doing is accumulating statements that discredit you.

Awoken2

Superstar
Awwww just because your orange messiah got replaced NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN politics are corrupt. It's like watching a two year old child stood with his face pressed up against the TV screen who is unable to see their favourite cartoon because they are STANDING TO CLOSE. Just take a few steps back and you will see that it makes no difference who is in office. But you don't want people to do that do you? You want to engage people in the age old back and forth of pointless political arguments. If you can't see the bigger picture by now, you aren’t half as intelligent as you are trying to portray here.

You are trying to legitimise the whole circus by saying one side is better than the other. You just cannot accept the basic undeniable fact that all politicians are professional liars.

But you don't need the likes of me trying to educate the likes of you on such complex matters do you?

No, thought not. Carry on.

Last edited:
Awwww just because your orange messiah got replaced NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN politics are corrupt. It's like watching a two year old child stood with his face pressed up against the TV screen who is unable to see their favourite cartoon because they are STANDING TO CLOSE. Just take a few steps back and you will see that it makes no difference who is in office. But you don't want people to do that do you? You want to engage people in the age old back and forth of pointless political arguments. If you can't see the bigger picture by now, you aren’t half as intelligent as you are trying to portray here.

You are trying to legitimise the whole circus by saying one side is better than the other. You just cannot accept the basic undeniable fact that all politicians are professional liars.

But you don't need the likes of me trying to educate the likes of you on such complex matters do you?

Sorry, you talking to me?

We could walk bumbling pedo Joe in a court room with a verbal and written confession of "the most inclusive and extensive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics" and you guys would still throw it out.

Commies have you indoctrinated. You have no desire for free and fair elections, so long as your people get in.

You think I just figured out politics are corrupt? lol Thanks for the laugh.

I can see the woods for the trees clearly. Perhaps you should follow your own advice instead of handing it out.

Speaking of political corruption, it sounds like you're admitting the election has been cooked. Are you?

justjess

Superstar
A shill for what or who artful? I personally preferred trump win to keep the psychos appeased. That isn’t what happened. Time will tell what happens next. All of this has literally NO bearing on your life whatsoever. You don’t live here and you aren’t subject to what happens here. It’s easy to cheer on the demise of another country when you won’t feel any of the ramifications I’m sure. Easy but morally bankrupt.

you realize the votes aren’t reported in real time right? Like counties don’t update the aggregate for every single vote they count, they do it when they are done counting or have completed a large amount. That didn’t go over your head as well did it?

almost 11k Georgians have died from Covid according to the numbers and I can’t help but think that possibly Covid killed off a bunch of trump voters in these swing states whereas younger more liberal voters finally reached the age where they could vote. The composition of the electorate changes every year because of this - old people dying, young people reaching the legal age of majority. But we had a lot of extra old people dying this year didn’t we?

Awoken2

Superstar
Speaking of political corruption, it sounds like you're admitting the election has been cooked. Are you?
I don't care. It doesn't matter to me. It changes nothing. We still have the same psychos pulling the strings. It's insignificant. I don't buy into it.

Can I not make it any clearer?

You think I just figured out politics are corrupt? lol Thanks for the laugh.
You appear to be bleating pretty hard that the corrupt American presidency has been ambushed by an act of corruption.

Trump got out corrupted, get over it, it comes with the territory.

I'll ask you again. Why does it matter what puppet they put in office?