Testimonies Of Religious Convert

Tatilina

Star
And I have Christian faith, years of bible knowledge and much personal study of Christian apologetics, theology and polemics. You are like a color-blind person trying to tell normal vision-people how you see colours much better than them because you wear top-brand glasses. You cannot see what Christians do - if you did you would be a Christian.

The higher numbers = which self-proclaimed Christian denomination is right is stupid logic.
There are way more McDonalds stores than health food chain stores. Does that mean McDonald's menu is therefore healthier?

Should the same logic be applied to Islam too? Sunni, Shia, or Sunni - choose the higher percentage - customer is always right.
Lol you are awesome!
:D

Kung Fu

Superstar
And I have Christian faith, years of bible knowledge and much personal study of Christian apologetics, theology and polemics. You are like a color-blind person trying to tell normal vision-people how you see colours much better than them because you wear top-brand glasses. You cannot see what Christians do - if you did you would be a Christian.

The higher numbers = which self-proclaimed Christian denomination is right is stupid logic.
There are way more McDonalds stores than health food chain stores. Does that mean McDonald's menu is therefore healthier?

Should the same logic be applied to Islam too? Sunni, Shia, or Sunni - choose the higher percentage - customer is always right.
Your Christian faith doesn't count as any kind of proof. You claim to have years of Bible knowledge yet you don't even know your own Greek manuscripts.

Your Christian faith is blinding your judgement and cognitive abilities because if it wasn't you would know that's not what I meant by "highest numbers".

Sunnis are the higher percentage and they are right lol. You're just another ignorant individual that doesn't that the difference between Shias and Sunnis is a political one and not a religious one so you throwing it out there like it supports your stance is a strawman fallacy.

JoChris

Superstar
I have no need to learn Greek manuscripts. I have the King James Bible.

A Christian who has simple child-like faith in Christ has spiritual knowledge that the most educated non-Christians will never have. We know God personally. God is not an abstract concept like your Allah.

Islam is a faith similar to a conjoined twin. Politics and religion are part of each other. But unlike conjoined twins, your faith cannot be separated into two parts and STILL live.

Anyway, this is supposed to be personal testimony thread, not Muslim-Christian debate thread. If you don't have any testimony you're going to share then I am finishing here.

Last edited:

Lady

Star
Pretty sure there are still religious issues in Ireland between Christians and Catholics.

Pretty sure that it was the Vatican that massacred and annihilated various Christian groups to the point of making Mao blush.

Pretty sure the reason we have the Bible today is because of groups like the Waldensians that traveled Europe evangelizing and having their bibles translated.

If anything we should be gnawing at the hands of the crusading Catholic church that killed many of our predecessors for believing a different and true gospel. They attempted to neuter bible believing Christians, eradicating our books, our history, our connection to God.

We owe it to the churches of Ephesus and Antioch and more for canonical accuracy and for evangelizing to share the truth. We most certainly owe it to God for preserving His Word and our faith.
Wrong on one count, they did not eradicate our connection to God. He said that "He is not willing that any perish,"and has provided a way for each human being to be aware of the true God.
The Word is the Alpha and Omega, it always existed and always will. Man (or Devils) cannot change that spiritual truth.

Thunderian

Superstar
You're just another ignorant individual that doesn't that the difference between Shias and Sunnis is a political one and not a religious one so you throwing it out there like it supports your stance is a strawman fallacy.
So you could become a Shia tomorrow and not miss a beat?

Unlike Christianity, Islam is a political system as well as a religious one, and the argument that the differences between Shia and Sunni are merely political must take that into account. Politics in Islam, just like application of the law, are inextricably linked to the practice of the faith, so the differences in politics are definitely theological as well, and many Sunni imams have declared Shias to be apostate.

Thunderian

Superstar
My grandmother's conversion is a big reason many of our family became born again Christians. She was born in a farming village in Ukraine, raised to be Eastern Orthodox, but knowing something was missing. When she was 17, a man came to her village and began holding Bible studies. My grandmother was interested in learning more about the Bible, but the only copy she knew of was held by the priest, and not available to her or anyone else who worshiped at the local church.

(Lest anyone is laboring under the impression that the Catholic Church cradled and spread Christianity, they should be reminded that this was -- and still is -- standard practice in the Catholic Church. In my grandmother's church, the Bible was literally kept under lock and key. Keeping the word of God locked away from people is not how to spread the good news of Jesus Christ, I don't care how many churches they built.)

So my grandmother went to a Bible study, and for the first time read the word of God with her own eyes, holding it in her own hands. She got saved that night, and made copies of some of the scripture to take home with her. But when she arrived at her family home, the door was locked, and through it she was told that as long as she called herself a born again Christian, this was no longer her home. She was able to stay with friends who had also become believers, and she began to study the Bible. Soon she came across Acts 16:31 - Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. My grandmother claimed this verse, praying that her house would be saved.

One by one, her entire family came to know Jesus Christ as their Saviour. She later led nine of her eleven children to the Lord, including my dad, and her love for Jesus and her prayers still resonate within our family today.

manama

Star
I have no need to learn Greek manuscripts. I have the King James Bible.

A Christian who has simple child-like faith in Christ has spiritual knowledge that the most educated non-Christians will never have. We know God personally. God is not an abstract concept like your Allah.

Islam is a faith similar to a conjoined twin. Politics and religion are part of each other. But unlike conjoined twins, your faith cannot be separated into two parts and STILL live.

Anyway, this is supposed to be personal testimony thread, not Muslim-Christian debate thread. If you don't have any testimony you're going to share then I am finishing here.
Why do Christians not study the original manuscripts?

manama

Star
So you could become a Shia tomorrow and not miss a beat?

Unlike Christianity, Islam is a political system as well as a religious one, and the argument that the differences between Shia and Sunni are merely political must take that into account. Politics in Islam, just like application of the law, are inextricably linked to the practice of the faith, so the differences in politics are definitely theological as well, and many Sunni imams have declared Shias to be apostate.
You don't even know how Shia Islam came into being smh

for anyone who doesn't want to watch the video - Al Fadi became Christian because he had a dream in which he died and is "standing before the throne of God and he is asking him one question: "Why have you rejected my son?"

Satan came to Al-Fadi on his throne and was able to make Al fadi fall into shirk. I have read accounts from pious muslims and Islamic scholars that this is one of the tricks of Satan. May Almighty God protect us from his evil and shirk, Ameen.

Here is an uplifting conversion story - A brother who set out to disprove Islam ended up embracing it! All praise is for God.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I just watched this this morning...

Ps it's not about a Muslim who has walked away from Islam, just a regular guy who had a near death experience.

manama

Star
Because the average Christian who wants to read the bible only knows their own language.
We want to see with our own eyes what the bible says, not just trust that our religious leader is translating and interpreting our religious text/s correctly.
Thats the point, why won't you go to the original manuscripts to see for yourself what it says and not just trust your priest?

manama

Star
Can all these people who "meet" Jesus irl just tell us about how he looks like? Sounds like a great way to put an end to this debate going on for years.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I had a very similar experience 30 years ago, but without seeing Jesus. His presence overwhelmed me and what he told me changed the course of my life...

This video from someone else is as close to my own experience as I have heard recounted.

Wa iyaki sis,
I enjoyed that story and his marital advice was spot on.:)
I'm at 21minutes so far ... didn't get to that advice yet. I like hearing his story too because in '95 (when he accepted Islam) I was an art student living on North side of Chicago and have first hand knowledge of the type of family he comes from. I can relate.