Random Thoughts

The Zone

Star
Don't sweat the small stuff in life. Pick and choose your battles wisely while learning from past mistakes. Don't spin your wheels arguing for the sake of argument or you will find yourself talking to the wall one day. My goal is to let go of more baggage in the coming months and use some lessons learned not to fall into those dastardly traps.

Carolyn

Star
Going back to re view a house we saw before but it still had prev occupants still there and was quite smelly tbh so we are going back to see it later this week cause other than it being smelly and needing a good clean it was pretty much perfect otherwise, so Id emailed the place to see if they could email me an application form so that we can fill it in and take it with us in case we do decide to take it which is looking quite likely tbh so they sent me an application form as an email attachment but ............... wait for it............ they sent two of the same attachment in case we needed an extra one :D

Thank you technophobes for brightening up my dull day, still having a wee chuckle at it now lol

JoChris

Superstar
My husband is watching a USA car renovation show.

Do your mainstream mechanics have weird beards like these guys? Who puts gel in their beards?! o_O

Maes17

Superstar

Do your mainstream mechanics have weird beards like these guys? Who puts gel in their beards?! o_O
The mainstream mechanics in my area have the chop top greaser look.

JoChris

Superstar
Yes! Grease but with tattoos.
So it isn't a stereotype?!
It is funny how every profession and trade develops their own look. I remember even at Uni it was easy to tell law/commerce students versus arts/ environmental science students.
Wanna be rich versus hippies.

polymoog

Superstar

full beards have been in for about 2(?) years in the states.
gel? never heard of it. some people put an oil in it for moisturizing the hair.

Carolyn

Star
Went to see that house today, so much better this time around, we def want it, gave them the forms hopefully they will take us, have a good feeling about it so fingers crossed, they said prob be next week but might phone them tomorrow and ask about it, really want it, gardens brilliant size house is the right size nice and big and the bedrooms have the stairs and bathroom in between them but not through the wall, my daughrers boyfriend stays over now and then lol kitchens a good size, walls and everything pretty good, needs bit of a move in clean and some paint and itll be fine so fingers crossed we get it, we both want it and I think the cats will like it too :) Oh yeah and it has a shower over a bath so yay a bath, so miss a bath, so good for when you are sore just lying in a nice bath till you go all wrinkly lol so that would be even better!

Maes17

Superstar
So it isn't a stereotype?!
It is funny how every profession and trade develops their own look. I remember even at Uni it was easy to tell law/commerce students versus arts/ environmental science students.
Wanna be rich versus hippies.
Could be a stereotype, could be culture. Here in Albuquerque, the "greaser" style is real common in the hispanic community. I assume the same goes on the west coast in areas like Southern California(from what I see in friends originally from there).

I kinda stereotype people myself a bit. Not meaning in a bad way. I always feel I'm 90% right on my assumptions about people based on stereotype lol.

Like law students vs hippie art students. Just face it, more often than not, law students will look more professional/frat bro looking, while your typical art student will have a more street, laid back appeal. I'd assume the style in Australia is board shorts, polo or some skate brand t-shirt lol. See I stereotyped just now