Random Thoughts

Etagloc

Superstar
Couldn't agree more! Americans tend to find sarcasm and puns or innuendos rude, it's literally second nature for Brits to do one of those.

Shows like 8 out of 10 cats or Mock the week is their idea of a nightmare but witty humour is just my thing
:(

***is silent for a moment in honor of all the US people like himself who likes to use sarcastic humor and is constantly misunderstood for it***

JoChris

Superstar
Guess who's back, back again
yeah she's back, tell a friend!
Guess who's back, guess who's back
Guess who's back, guess who's back

You know you luff me <3
Do you want the mature Christians of the forum to adopt you this time?

JoChris

Superstar
I would, but I doubt I'll be allowed to stay. Too many here who love giving me boot lol! I don't think they could deal with not having the satisfaction.
That is why I said the Christians. If you need an online family, perhaps some of us could help provide that for you.

Haich

Superstar
Thinking of going back to my coffee addiction. It's been a very long time since I've had coffee and I do generally feel more alert and light. However, finding it hard to concentrate at length when doing work related papers.

Any advice on how to stay focused for long periods of time?

My time is quite limited too and can only get work done after my son is in bed which is usually 8pm.

rainerann

Star
Thinking of going back to my coffee addiction. It's been a very long time since I've had coffee and I do generally feel more alert and light. However, finding it hard to concentrate at length when doing work related papers.

My time is quite limited too and can only get work done after my son is in bed which is usually 8pm.
I love my coffee, but I have switched to other things because I was drinking way too much. I have worked night shifts for a long time and my coffee intake would increase during the week, and just become too much.

So I still drink coffee, but when I worked night shift the other day, I had a glass of lemon water before work and this actually made me feel more alert all night long. I only had two small cups of coffee and a cup of green tea beside this which is a lot less than usual.

I also have been trying a Ginkoba tincture that I like as well, but even some colloidal silver or something to boost the immune system helps I think because fighting infections might affect how much energy we have even if we don't feel like we are sick technically.

Although, I don't know for sure if any of these things will work because I would never be able to give up my coffee completely. I love it too much. :)

Haich

Superstar
I love my coffee, but I have switched to other things because I was drinking way too much. I have worked night shifts for a long time and my coffee intake would increase during the week, and just become too much.

So I still drink coffee, but when I worked night shift the other day, I had a glass of lemon water before work and this actually made me feel more alert all night long. I only had two small cups of coffee and a cup of green tea beside this which is a lot less than usual.

I also have been trying a Ginkoba tincture that I like as well, but even some colloidal silver or something to boost the immune system helps I think because fighting infections might affect how much energy we have even if we don't feel like we are sick technically.

Although, I don't know for sure if any of these things will work because I would never be able to give up my coffee completely. I love it too much. :)
I have no idea what Ginkoba is!

Me too I was drinking a lot and I'd just crash out after the effects of the caffeine wore off. Decaff did nothing for me, I used to drink it whilst I was pregnant and it wasn't to my taste at all.

I'll try lemon water, it's such a miracle fruit and I've used it to aid bloating before. It worked wonders, so thanks for the tip ;)

True, I'm generally healthy I just have quite a busy schedule and need a little top up here and there. My job requires a lot of reading and planning materials for lessons so the effort I have to go to, to ensure I'm prepared for the next morning is tiresome. I do enjoy it, I just wish I had the energy to do it without crashing out and falling asleep in the midst of typing.

JoChris

Superstar

How much coffee were you drinking?
Would strong tea be a compromise?

Haich

Superstar
How much coffee were you drinking?
Would strong tea be a compromise?
About 3 cups of milky coffee a day. I'd have it quite strong too.

Hmm I've tried tea but it just doesn't do much for me in terms of concentration no drive.

JoChris

Superstar
About 3 cups of milky coffee a day. I'd have it quite strong too.

Hmm I've tried tea but it just doesn't do much for me in terms of concentration no drive.
I have the same with tea. Gives me insomnia if I have it too late in the afternoon but it doesn't wake me up. So lose-lose.

Have you considered just having weaker cups, perhaps one in morning and one mid-evening? If anyone has an excuse to have coffee it is someone studying.
How come you decided to give it up?

rainerann

Star
I have no idea what Ginkoba is!

Me too I was drinking a lot and I'd just crash out after the effects of the caffeine wore off. Decaff did nothing for me, I used to drink it whilst I was pregnant and it wasn't to my taste at all.

I'll try lemon water, it's such a miracle fruit and I've used it to aid bloating before. It worked wonders, so thanks for the tip ;)

True, I'm generally healthy I just have quite a busy schedule and need a little top up here and there. My job requires a lot of reading and planning materials for lessons so the effort I have to go to, to ensure I'm prepared for the next morning is tiresome. I do enjoy it, I just wish I had the energy to do it without crashing out and falling asleep in the midst of typing.
I found something interesting while I was in the grocery store that I thought I would share with you since we were on the subject of coffee today. I don't know if something like this would be an option but there is a brand called Tiemans Fusion Coffee that is supposed to be lower on the pH scale. I haven't tried it but they add antioxidents too and I wondering if this will be a good alternative to drinking regular coffee.

Haich

Superstar
I have the same with tea. Gives me insomnia if I have it too late in the afternoon but it doesn't wake me up. So lose-lose.

Have you considered just having weaker cups, perhaps one in morning and one mid-evening? If anyone has an excuse to have coffee it is someone studying.
How come you decided to give it up?
I just used to get headaches if I didn't have my fix so health-wise, I thought an over reliance would be bad for me. I cut down and eventually just had a few months of detoxing.

As my body is just getting over coffee it probably wouldn't be wise to have 2 cups a day, even if they're weak I'd just be tempted to make them stronger. I'll try lemon water and if all fails I'll have a few coffee days, maybe twice a week for those evenings where I have a lot of work to do.