Quotes

A Freeman

Superstar
In an interview with Mahatma Gandhi conducted by Stanley Jones, a missionary, Jones asked him:

Mr. Gandhi, though you quote the words of Christ often, why is that you appear to so adamantly reject becoming his follower?

Gandhi replied:

"Oh, I don't reject Christ. I love Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike Christ."

Flarepath

Star
In an interview with Mahatma Gandhi conducted by Stanley Jones, a missionary, Jones asked him:
Mr. Gandhi, though you quote the words of Christ often, why is that you appear to so adamantly reject becoming his follower?
Gandhi replied:
"Oh, I don't reject Christ. I love Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike Christ."
Yes, I cross the street to avoid many so-called "christians", and they can't get under Jesus's radar..:)-
Jesus said:-"Not all who call me "Lord, Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)
As for Gandhi, if he really loved Jesus he'd have become a Christian.. :p

Flarepath

Star
"IF ye love me, KEEP my COMMANDments."
-- Christ, through the mouth of Jesus, as recorded in John 14:15
Who exactly are you calling 'Christ'?
Surely the only person who spoke through the mouth of Jesus was God..:)
Jesus said- "I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)

Zakat

Star
I prefer the Bible's view..:)-
"Don't love the world or the things in it, otherwise the love of God is not in you" (1 John 2:15-17)
"A friend of the world is the enemy of God" (James 4:4)

"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth" (Col 3:2)
"You were dead when you followed the ways of the world" (Eph 2:1/2)
There is a notion of difference between

"Not disliking things and considering them lowly and useless"

And

"Being covetous of the world, over-loving it and pursuing them worldly attractions, and letting them make you become forgetful of your obligations to God."

I mean, you would not dislike soap, clothing, toothpaste, toilet paper, and a minimum of food for example now, would you? So why consider them lowly and useless?

Likewise, you wouldn't be hoarding wealth either, to say the least.

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
The following is an excerpt from JFK's speech about secret societies (please see the video below for JFK's full speech, given to the American Newspaper Publishers Association at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in NYC, on April 27, 1961).

"For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence—on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly-knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed. It conducts the Cold War, in short, with a war-time discipline no democracy would ever hope or wish to match."

-- U.S. President John F. Kennedy, delivered 19 months before he was publicly assassinated

Zakat

Star
Certainly, God can oceanize any cream variant.

Likewise, He can surely creamify any ocean.

- Dunno Who

Last edited: