Quotes

DesertRose

Superstar
Join me in posting quotes that resonate with you.......or not.

No amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future. Umar RA
The most onerous slavery is to be a slave to oneself

Seneca

Men do not care how nobly they live, but only how long, although it is within the reach of every man to live nobly, but within no man's power to live long.

Seneca

(Or words to this effect ) Be less invested in your own specialness and as a result you will be liberated to accomplish the world changing work you have set out to achieve. (Ryan Holiday)

Lisa

Superstar
One who builds according to every man's advice will have a crooked house.
Danish proverb

If you wait long enough, it will be good weather. (Don't know who said it)

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. Erica Jong

The Bible tells us to love our neighbors and also to love our enemies probably because they generally are the same people. GK Chesterton

Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair. George Burns

Wagners music is better than it sounds. Mark Twain

Edit: spelled Wagner wrong.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Alas, how many have been persecuted for the wrong of having been right? Jean Baptistery Say

The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging. Warren Buffet

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will try to insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett

Depend on the rabbits foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit. RE Shay

By all means marry. If you get a good wife you will become happy and if you get a bad one you will become a philosopher. Socrates

Jesus said to pray for your enemies, He never said you couldn't have any. Mark Twain

If your going through hell-keep going. Winston Churchill

There are 3 stages in the work of God; impossible, difficult, done!

It's tortuous to change who you've been to be who you are. Me

Don't make yourself a mouse or the cat will eat you.

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do. Andrew Carnegie

All that one gains by falsehood is not to be believed when one speaks the truth. Aristotle

We present ourselves to others, "Here I am, it's all I've got."

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. Woodrow Wilson

You can't be faithful and popular so take your pick. John MacArthur

Into each life some rain must fall. Henry Longfellow

The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. Alfred Adler

( I used to like collecting quotes)

Edit:typos

Last edited:
Most of the stuff you like, you don't even know what your liking. You just do it for the sake of being nice. You and GIF over abuse the like button. The like button is for liking posts that have worthy content that makes a great point that you agree with. The like button isn't to like whatever just for the sake of liking it just becausr you want to be nice. I wish the like feature would be disabled because it causes a lot of problems and people have a ridiculously amount of likes just because you two get all like happy.

-
Tanya

P.s. Quoting for the hilariousness (imo at least) of the last eight words targeting me and cca (omitting the me preceding those three letters just trying to be smart haha for my 699th post) :p

Last edited:

Lurker

Star
Most of the stuff you like, you don't even know what your liking. You just do it for the sake of being nice. You and GIF over abuse the like button. The like button is for liking posts that have worthy content that makes a great point that you agree with. The like button isn't to like whatever just for the sake of liking it just becausr you want to be nice. I wish the like feature would be disabled because it causes a lot of problems and people have a ridiculously amount of likes just because you two get all like happy.

-
Tanya

P.s. Quoting for the hilariousness (imo at least) of the last eight words targeting me and cca (omitting the me preceding those three letters just trying to be smart haha for my 699th post) :p
I suppose it could be said that someone will like that a comment is being made over the comment itself. And that is not a bad thing.

Alas, how many have been persecuted for the wrong of having been right? Jean Baptistery Say

The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging. Warren Buffet

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will try to insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett

Depend on the rabbits foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit. RE Shay

By all means marry. If you get a good wife you will become happy and if you get a bad one you will become a philosopher. Socrates

Jesus said to pray for your enemies, He never said you couldn't have any. Mark Twain

If your going through hell-keep going. Winston Churchill

There are 3 stages in the work of God; impossible, difficult, done!

It's tortuous to change who you've been to be who you are. Me

Don't make yourself a mouse or the cat will eat you.

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do. Andrew Carnegie

All that one gains by falsehood is not to be believed when one speaks the truth. Aristotle

We present ourselves to others, "Here I am, it's all I've got."

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. Woodrow Wilson

You can't be faithful and popular so take your pick. John MacArthur

Into each life some rain must fall. Henry Longfellow

The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. Alfred Adler

( I used to like collecting quotes)

Edit:typos
I couldn't help but notice this one, Lisa that you've created yourself "It's tortuous to change who you've been to be who you are. Me"

Be cognizant of the fact that these are words you're telling yourself. You say tortuous, but others may see it differently. None of us can change our past, but our thought process can definitely affect our future - good or bad.

Tell yourself a different story.

Lisa

Superstar
I couldn't help but notice this one, Lisa that you've created yourself "It's tortuous to change who you've been to be who you are. Me"

Be cognizant of the fact that these are words you're telling yourself. You say tortuous, but others may see it differently. None of us can change our past, but our thought process can definitely affect our future - good or bad.

Tell yourself a different story.
I wasn't telling myself that...it was tortuous to change....