Push for homebirths among celebrities

Cintra

Star
Then fine. Just don't give a sh*t, no one is forcing you to care. Why do you have such a problem with what soemone you don't even know posts on a forum.
Why do you have a problem with my age and health?
Why does that make my opinions of less value than others?

Why does my age and health bar me from joining a conversation on a forum I am a member of?

I have strong views on home births, I have already given them in this thread.
I have a right to give my opinion.

After calling me a demon-possessed hater, that's rich :rolleyes:
I think people who spread hate are possessed by demons of hate.

Hating people, shaming them for their race, religion, age or heath, makes that person a hater.
Trying to silence people, telling them they should not be posting because of their age and health is hate and discrimination.

You should pray and see if you can be released from the demonic power of these celebs that you worship.

morita

Veteran
I have strong views on home births, I have already given them in this thread.
I have a right to give my opinion.
You have a right to give your opinion but you only posted to say you don't care about celebrities and to say me and another member are the same person.
Giving your opinion(if it's in line with the topic) is one thing, personal attacks are another.
I could care less about you, about your health, about your age, etc... I don't know you.

I’ve had one hospital birth and two home births. Horrible, traumatizing experience in the hospital. My home births allowed me to be in control of a lot of things I couldn’t control in hospital.

As far as cost, home births are like a 1/4 of a hospital birth.

I don’t shame women for going to the hospital because everyone has the right to pick which environment they choose to birth in. But saying that home births are not safe is a complete lie.

Cintra

Star
You have a right to give your opinion but you only posted to say you don't care about celebrities and to say me and another member are the same person.
Giving your opinion(if it's in line with the topic) is one thing, personal attacks are another.
I could care less about you, about your health, about your age, etc... I don't know you.
I have posted a number of times in this thread before today.
For me this is a continuing conversation that I will continue with.

You tried to put me down and silence me by mentioning my age and poor health in the current pandemic.
Like you think I am old so I should shut up and die.

You told the whole of this forum that you believed I was too old and sick to contribute to this conversation.
You discriminated against me publicly.
You tried to shame me into silence.

These are the actions of a demonically possessed hater.

No, I dont care about the celebrities you worship.
They are demons in human form and I will not worship them.

They are cruel, ignorant, judgemental and evil.
Those that worship and follow them are the same.
By their fruits ye shall know them, or whatever the quote is.

morita

Veteran
I have posted a number of times in this thread before today.
For me this is a continuing conversation that I will continue with.

You tried to put me down and silence me by mentioning my age and poor health in the current pandemic.
Like you think I am old so I should shut up and die.

You told the whole of this forum that you believed I was too old and sick to contribute to this conversation.
You discriminated against me publicly.
You tried to shame me into silence.

These are the actions of a demonically possessed hater.

No, I dont care about the celebrities you worship.
They are demons in human form and I will not worship them.

They are cruel, ignorant, judgemental and evil.
Those that worship and follow them are the same.
By their fruits ye shall know them, or whatever the quote is.
bla bla bla.

morita

Veteran
I’ve had one hospital birth and two home births. Horrible, traumatizing experience in the hospital. My home births allowed me to be in control of a lot of things I couldn’t control in hospital.

As far as cost, home births are like a 1/4 of a hospital birth.

I don’t shame women for going to the hospital because everyone has the right to pick which environment they choose to birth in. But saying that home births are not safe is a complete lie.
Thank you for sharing your experience, I can understand the aspect of wanting to have full control. I have personally heard many horrible stories about homebirths but everyone should make that choice for themselves.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I can understand the aspect of wanting to have full control. I have personally heard many horrible stories about homebirths but everyone should make that choice for themselves.
No problem!
It goes both ways though. Not only have I experienced a traumatic experience in the hospital, I’ve had multiple friends have very difficult times at the hospital, one even resulting in death.
I think when it comes to this, just like every other life changing decisions, it’s something that you really have to do your research on and really ruminating about. It’s not just black and white.

I thought that quote was funny too - about the Chinese/pizza delivery - but I would argue that hospitals are for the injured and sick. Neither of which a pregnant woman is...

I feel especially sad in this new environment that we have going on where the hospitals are restricting partners from being at the birth — while I understand it, this wouldn’t be an issue with a home birth.

Anyone ever had a water birth?

And if so, is it true that the baby swims underwater?
I have. They are already in water in your womb so it’s just going from one source of water to another. But it’s essential that your body is emerged in the water because if the baby were to gasp for air, they could drown.

Cintra

Star
I have. They are already in water in your placenta so it’s just going from one source of water to another. But it’s essential that your body is emerged in the water because if the baby were to gasp for air, they could drown.
Was it a good birth?
Whenever I have seen these on TV they look like a beautiful experience.
But of course TV is deceptive, and no one I know has had one.

Was it a good birth?
Whenever I have seen these on TV they look like a beautiful experience.
But of course TV is deceptive, and no one I know has had one.
My first home birth was beyond my expectation. I think I was in euphoria for at least 2 days. It was really intense in a good way. My second wasn’t as good but it was normal and gratifying in other ways. Not that it was bad but I think I was just too in my head. But the midwives were beyond amazing. It’s a luxury, honestly. They make breakfast, do laundry, and act like they’re your bestest friends in the whole world. I think that made the experience even more amazing to me. My first home birth, the midwife was older and she worked alone. Not that she was mean or anything but having younger midwives and 2 of them was just so much better.

edit: my first home birth was in water but my second wasn’t. Maybe that was the difference...

Haich

Superstar
But it’s essential that your body is emerged in the water because if the baby were to gasp for air, they could drown.
This is not true. Are you sure you've had a water birth? The baby cannot drown as it is still attached to mum and receiving oxygen from her.

Cintra

Star
My first home birth was beyond my expectation. I think I was in euphoria for at least 2 days. It was really intense in a good way. My second wasn’t as good but it was normal and gratifying in other ways. Not that it was bad but I think I was just too in my head. But the midwives were beyond amazing. It’s a luxury, honestly. They make breakfast, do laundry, and act like they’re your bestest friends in the whole world. I think that made the experience even more amazing to me. My first home birth, the midwife was older and she worked alone. Not that she was mean or anything but having younger midwives and 2 of them was just so much better.

edit: my first home birth was in water but my second wasn’t. Maybe that was the difference...
I think its important to have some kind of medical attendance where ever you give birth.
A planned birth.

Glad everything went well for you!

One thing about hospital births is that all the babies (in this country at least) are born with small wounds on their heads where a nurse has clipped a monitor on to the scalp before its even been born.
All those tiny babies with scabs on their heads!

But that was a while ago when I was part of the child bearing demographic. Maybe they have found a better way of monitoring now.

This is not true. Are you sure you've had a water birth? The baby cannot drown as it is still attached to mum and receiving oxygen from her.
Am I sure? Lol yes I’m sure. If the baby tries to gasp for air, as babies usually do once they are out, they can swallow water if they aren’t fully submerged in. If you’re submerged in the water it’s fine. Common sense. And FYI the baby breathes regardless if it’s attached to the cord or not. Have you heard of delayed clamping?

Haich

Superstar
If you're someone who follows famous people religiously and generally takes life guidance from social media figures then sure, it is a trend.

In the real world, no amount of planning and prep will secure a safe delivery for mum and child. It depends on various factors, underlying risks (Gestational diabetes, obesity, high BMI, preeclampsia etc...)

Home births could go either way depending on the mother's health so midwives here don't tend to offer it as an option but usually recommend birthing centres as they have a team of midwives and health professionals on call 24 hours a day...

I personally wouldn't opt for a home birth because my 1st delivery was quite traumatic so I'd just go to the hospital to be on the safe side.

I think its important to have some kind of medical attendance where ever you give birth.
A planned birth.

Glad everything went well for you!

One thing about hospital births is that all the babies (in this country at least) are born with small wounds on their heads where a nurse has clipped a monitor on to the scalp before its even been born.
All those tiny babies with scabs on their heads!

But that was a while ago when I was part of the child bearing demographic. Maybe they have found a better way of monitoring now.
Oh wow I’ve never heard of that before!