Push for homebirths among celebrities

justjess

Superstar
When my daughter was born (in the hospital) two years ago the dr asked me if I wanted to keep the placenta to plant under a tree or eat or some shit.. I didn’t know this was a thing

16 years ago with my son no one asked me that.

Trends change.

Cintra

Star
Lol!

Yes, trends change.
Women should be allowed to make informed and safe decisions, and not be pressurised to choose one thing or another. Wether its by hospitals or internet influencers.

rainerann

Star
I would imagine that having a baby at home would be about creating a bonding experience with the baby. The baby is born and snuggled in their own home from the moment they are born.

this is what they encourage in hospitals now too and why babies stay with the mother after giving birth instead of going to nurseries while the mother recovers. Early bonding has been a thing for a while now.

I would personally never be able to have a baby at home and I think the pain changes the way people might feel about things this in the moment. The pain with my first would have made me scratch that plan early on and go to the hospital for an epidural. Knowing how painful it was with the second, I wouldn’t even have wanted to try.

that’s how I feel about most of the breathing and water bath stuff too. That’s all fun to think about before the pain really hits, but if that’s what people want to do, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. It isn’t really that big of a deal if they are low risk and have a back up plan in place. there is one advantage that I can think of to this, and that would be being able to move around more before giving birth. That can be hard to do in the hospital and pain makes you want to move around.

morita

Veteran
Celebrities are allowed to make that choice as well... I don't see how some women deciding to have a home birth is a big deal just because they happen to be famous women. Tbh, why would anyone decide where they want to give birth based upon what a celebrity did? Celebrities aren't doctors and their opinions shouldn't be held in a higher regard than any other non-doctor.
Also sometimes you don't even get a choice.... you could have an unplanned home birth where the baby just came out too fast before you even had a chance to get to the hospital.
Society tends to romanticize natural births and celebrtities definitely play into that. I never said they couldn't give birth at home though.

Someone I knew gave birth at home unexpectedly.

Baby came out, placenta didn't. She started to bleed out. It was a big mess that involved a rush to hospital and an emergency operation at midnight.

Not enough blood because most of it was in the freezer.
Having to get the drs and surgeon and everyone out, the whole 9 yards.

If they hadn't been got to hospital they would have bled to death on the floor.
That sound horrifying.

Last edited:

morita

Veteran
Childbirths are miracles but they also involve a blood bath and one woman having to undergo an insurmontable amount of pain, it's no joke.
The guys who are talking about homebirth would probably not survive one single contraction.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
Childbirths are miracles but they also involve a blood bath and one woman having to undergo an insurmontable amount of pain, it's no joke.
The guys who are talking about homebirth would probably not survive one single contraction.
No guy on this thread has suggested that childbirth itself is easy or no big deal. Given this, and some other threads you’ve started, I wonder if you just hate men.

morita

Veteran

Dr. Shilpi Agarwal says that to call in -hospital birth “violent” is extreme, considering “that there are many provisions that can be made to have an in-hospital birth be both a calm and safe environment without interventions that are not medically necessary.” And Marcelle Pick, NP, OBGYN added that “home births have risks associated with them and if there are complications it can be very difficult to get the intervention that you need.”

Cintra

Star

Dr. Shilpi Agarwal says that to call in -hospital birth “violent” is extreme, considering “that there are many provisions that can be made to have an in-hospital birth be both a calm and safe environment without interventions that are not medically necessary.” And Marcelle Pick, NP, OBGYN added that “home births have risks associated with them and if there are complications it can be very difficult to get the intervention that you need.”
Do you worship these celebrities like gods?
Or does it just seem that way?

If I wanted advice on health, or child care, some super priveleged, super rich, super model would be last on the list.

How may babies have you had, Morita?

morita

Veteran
Do you worship these celebrities like gods?
Or does it just seem that way?

If I wanted advice on health, or child care, some super priveleged, super rich, super model would be last on the list.

How may babies have you had, Morita?
No, I don't worship celebrities, did you even read the article before asking this stupid question?

Cintra

Star
Why would I read an article detailing the words of a know nothing celebrity?

Why are you so obsessed with looks and fame?

How many babies have you had?

morita

Veteran
Why would I read an article detailing the words of a know nothing celebrity?

Why are you so obsessed with looks and fame?

Yeah, well if you had took the time to read you would have understood how it ties to a thread that discusses the push of homebirths among celebrities.
If you have nothing productive to add to this thread, why are you here??? Go pollute someone else's thread. Thanks.

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
Yeah, well if you had took the time to read you would have understood how it ties to a thread that discusses the push of homebirths among celebrities.
If you have nothing productive to add to this thread, why are you here??? Go polute someone else's thread. Thanks.
OMG. you are so funny.
Who cares what celebs do?
Why do you care, Vixy/Morita?

How old are you??
Why? want to age shame me now?

Cintra

Star
QUOTE="morita, post: 284217, member: 3308"]
No, but it's immature and pathetic for an old lady to be playing the "you are the same person" game on a forum. Don't you have a coronavirus to worry about??
[/QUOTE]

Oh! so you are age shaming me!
Nice of you to decide that I classify as an "old lady'

Are you Vixy?
Or are you both just shallow, image obsessed, demon posessed, haters?

Also, how many babies have you had?

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
Also reported your comment for personal insults regarding my supposed age and health.

morita

Veteran
Then fine, no one is forcing you to care or to respond. Why do you have such a problem with what soemone you don't even know posts on a forum. What did you expect to find in a thread that talks about a trend among celebrities.

Last edited: