Post Saheeh Hadith

floss

Star
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 3849
In-book reference : Book 63, Hadith 75

Narrated `Amr bin Maimun:
During the pre-lslamic period of ignorance I saw a she-monkey surrounded by a number of monkeys. They were all stoning it, because it had committed illegal sexual intercourse. I too, stoned it along with them.

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/63/75

Haich

Superstar
This is not a hadîth of the Prophet (peace be upon him). It is not even something that `Amr claims he told to the Prophet (peace be upon him). It is just `Amr’s personal account of some things `Amr b. Maymûn saw some animals doing. It is merely his interpretation that those monkeys were stoning the other one as a punishment for adultery. There is no way that he could have known their true motives.

There is no Islamic teaching to be obtained
from this account.

Haich

Superstar
On closer scrutiny of the above-recorded hadith, anyone proficient in the sciences of the Hadith would immediately see the fallacy of such a claim when the text and chain of transmission of the hadith is studied. Of course as a Christian, you wouldn't be familiar with this concept.

Firstly, the person who uttered the above words was not Muhammad (as) himself, but by one of his Companions by name of ‘Amru bin Maimun.

The hadith is categorized as mauquf (lit. “stopped”), meaning that it is a saying traced to that of a Companion(R). Therefore, since it is clear that this hadith is not a saying of the Prophet, much less ascribed to him, it cannot be a basis for a ruling in Islam.

Secondly, the key phrase in the above hadith is “During the pre-lslamic period of ignorance”, which the critics had obviously overlooked. While we concede that above hadith is indeed accepted as authentic, we would also argue that according to the principles of criticism of the hadith, the chain of narration of the hadith above would be rejected even if it had been ascribed to the Prophet. We take the chain of narration seriously and any serious gaps or omissions render the hadith incomplete or weak, so ww dismiss it.

Here are the guidelines to determine whether a hadith is accepted. This is a simplified version for your nuggety noggin.

(1) The Hadith should not be contrary to the text or the teaching of the Qur’an or the accepted basic principles of Islam.
(2) The Hadith should not be against the dictations of reason or laws of nature and common experience.
(3) The Hadith should not be contrary to the Traditions which have already been accepted by authorities as reliable and authentic by applying all principles.
(4) The Hadith which sings the praises and excellence of any tribe, place or persons should be generally rejected
(5) The Hadith that contains the dates and minute details of the future events should be rejected.
(6) The Hadith that contains some remarks of the Prophet which are not in keeping with the Islamic belief of Prophethood and the position of the Holy Prophet or such expressions as may not be suitable to him, should be rejected.

Haich

Superstar
So Flossy, it is clear that where the hadith regarding the stoning of a she-monkey for adultery is concerned, it is simply a recollection of a companion of the Prophet regarding the maltreatment of animals during the pre-Islamic period of ignorance , which is in total contradiction to Islamic principles and norms as we are commanded to take care of this earth and everything in it. So why would we have a hadith about stoning chimps?

Your view of Islam has been tainted by deep ignorance, hatred, paranoia and xenophobia and this latest polemic is ipso facto is a confirmation of your turbulent and ill heart.

Here are the original books i used to silence your serpent tongue. Keep slithering, cottonmouth.
  1. Muhammad bin Isma’il ‘Abdallah al-Ja’far (Imam al-Bukhari), Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 5, Bk. 58, No. 188 [back]
  2. ‘Abdur Rahman I. Doi, Introduction to the Hadith (A.S. Nordeen, 2001), p. 15 [back]
  3. Ahmed Ibn `Ali Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalani, Fath al-Bari [back]
  4. ibid. [back]
  5. Ibn Qutaiba, Ta’wil Mukhtalaf Al-Hadith, pp. 255-256 [back

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
Post anything you want, it's merely a show of your unsettled and disturbed heart. If not me, there'll be others who'll continue to spread truth and provide original evidence. I wish the same could be said for followers of your faith. A ball of tumbleweed willows in the path of those who actually seek guidance.

floss

Star
these are sooo hilarious! :D

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "If anyone of you, when intending to have a sexual intercourse with his wife, says: 'Bismillah, Allahumma jannibna-sh-shaitan, wa jannibi-sh-shaitan ma razaqtana,' and if the couple are destined to have a child (out of that very sexual relation), then Satan will never be able to harm that child."

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/80/83

Haich

Superstar
these are sooo hilarious! :D

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "If anyone of you, when intending to have a sexual intercourse with his wife, says: 'Bismillah, Allahumma jannibna-sh-shaitan, wa jannibi-sh-shaitan ma razaqtana,' and if the couple are destined to have a child (out of that very sexual relation), then Satan will never be able to harm that child."

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/80/83
That's a great hadith. Mashallah.

Reciting a prayer, in order to have a blessed child.

Haich

Superstar
I mean marrying someone, honouring each other by making that commitment and then trying for kids post-marriage (I know you were probably conceived out of wedlock but hey, Jesus died for your sins right?)

What a strange concept! Marrying and then having kids. 0h and praying for a child who is protected from the very whispers of Satan which have lead you to take the blessed Jesus (pbuh) as a God.

floss

Star
way too much superstition in Islam. seem like everything is from satan lol :D

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Yawning is from Satan and if anyone of you yawns, he should check his yawning as much as possible, for if anyone of you (during the act of yawning) should say: 'Ha', Satan will laugh at him."

floss

Star
black woman as a sign of epidemic

Narrated Salim's father:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "I saw (in a dream) a black woman with unkempt hair going out of Medina and settling in Mahai'a. I interpreted that as (a symbol of) epidemic of Medina being transferred to Mahai'a, namely, Al-Juhfa."

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/91/54

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ الدُّنْيَا سِجْنُ الْمُؤْمِنِ وَجَنَّةُ الْكَافِرِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
The world is a prison-house for a believer and Paradise for a non-believer.

Etagloc

Superstar
A person came to Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) and asked, "Who among people is most deserving of my fine treatment?" He (ﷺ) said, "Your mother". He again asked, ''Who next?" "Your mother", the Prophet (ﷺ) replied again. He asked, "Who next?" He (the Prophet (ﷺ)) said again, "Your mother." He again asked, "Then who?" Thereupon he (ﷺ) said," Then your father."

https://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/1/316