Palestinian Resistance Launch Major Attack on Israel: What Happened? – LIVE BLOG

Stucky

Star

Renowned Palestine footballer Barakat killed in Khan Younis
Deir al-Balah, central Gaza Strip – Mohammed Barakat, Gaza’s first centurion of goals and one of its top scorers, has been killed in Khan Younis.

The Ahly Gaza forward and national team footballer was killed after Israel bombed his house this morning.

Barakat scored 114 goals in his career. He is the historic captain and legend of Khan Younis Youth Club and has played for a variety of clubs in the occupied West Bank and Jordan, including Al-Wehdat.

“What a huge loss on and off the pitch for Palestinian football. I have played against him. He was quick and clever. A top, top goal-scorer. Off the pitch, he was kind and friendly. A beloved friend of all,” Khadamat al-Maghazi defender, Khalid Abu-Habel, told Al Jazeera.

“I am too angry. He is a football icon. Sports in Gaza have lost a lot during the war. How many should we lose more? The sports community in Gaza is simply collapsing.”

Haich

Superstar
Actually. No, not really. When the people on this site have attacked this thread and the people taking part in it, it was done in the belief that we supported killing civilians, taking civilians hostages and that is just not true. Your own peeve seems to be that those two things mentioned above are against the laws of war according to Islam and that's what i was responding to. However since i didn't make that clear then i will concede, in part, your point.

In your opinion were the attacks of Oct 7 on military personnel legitimate?

It should also be pointed out that on the day of Oct 7 and the days after, no one in this thread cheered or glorified what was being reported. What you will find is that, apart from reports of the alleged happenings, most people were discussing whether this was A) a false flag op. B) An attack that the Israelis knew was going to happen and allowed it to happen or C) Hamas and the Israelis colluded together. You and others were adamant that C was the correct version of events. In fact i seem to remember that when VC produced his opinion on events of Oct 7 the majority of folks who were claiming that this thread "glorified Hamas" were all pointing out how great his article was, including you. The simple fact of that matter was that most of what VC wrote had already been reported and discussed in this thread. But somehow VC great this thread bad...how come?
I don’t know why they keep focusing on how ‘wrong’ the Oct 7th attacks were, given that it has been proven many of the deaths of Israeli civilians on that day were a result of The IDF themselves.

They can sit there and dissect alternative modes of resistance Hamas could’ve executed, but all it does is show deflection. Posters who are micro analysing Oct 7th & how Hamas works don’t seem to have the same scrutiny and energy for Israel & The IDF.

Also, VC’s article hasn’t been picked up on despite being an atrocity in itself. A lazy, half hearted attempt to comment on the neutrality of something which cannot be approached with neutrality!

Stucky

Star
“We’ve never seen a civilian population made to go hungry so completely and so quickly. Never in modern history.”

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Actually. No, not really. When the people on this site have attacked this thread and the people taking part in it, it was done in the belief that we supported killing civilians, taking civilians hostages and that is just not true. Your own peeve seems to be that those two things mentioned above are against the laws of war according to Islam and that's what i was responding to. However since i didn't make that clear then i will concede, in part, your point.

In your opinion were the attacks of Oct 7 on military personnel legitimate?

It should also be pointed out that on the day of Oct 7 and the days after, no one in this thread cheered or glorified what was being reported. What you will find is that, apart from reports of the alleged happenings, most people were discussing whether this was A) a false flag op. B) An attack that the Israelis knew was going to happen and allowed it to happen or C) Hamas and the Israelis colluded together. You and others were adamant that C was the correct version of events. In fact i seem to remember that when VC produced his opinion on events of Oct 7 the majority of folks who were claiming that this thread "glorified Hamas" were all pointing out how great his article was, including you. The simple fact of that matter was that most of what VC wrote had already been reported and discussed in this thread. But somehow VC great this thread bad...how come?
You are trying to infuse others actions with mine. That this aint a "show of support thread" your pal dingbat daze leapt in to prove you wrong and openly proclaimed his support for the Oct. 7 campaign.

Yes. Combat against military personnel, officials directly related to Palestinian oppression or Jewish civilians who attack Palestinians/violently occupy their land are all legitimate targets.

VC went into detail exposing the actual Hamas leadership and their lifestyle. I only saw those things mentioned here briefly and they were actually being defended?

Karlysymon

Superstar

Roughly a decade ago, Israel’s Ministry of Strategic Affairs began to oversee a network of influencers and pro-Israeli organizations that advanced the Israeli state’s message against the Palestinian-led Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions campaign and other critics of the occupation, through deceptive, coordinated campaigns designed to appear grassroots-driven and spontaneous.

During Israel’s 2021 war with Hamas, the Israel Defense Forces ran a covert social media campaign praising its bombing of Gaza to improve perception of its performance among the Israeli public. And Israel increased its digital diplomacy outreach to major Western technology companies. A Meta internal audit found that in 2021 the company censored Arabic content at a higher rate than Hebrew content, apparently in response to Israeli government requests.

Israel has followed a four-pronged strategy in its information warfare: emphasize the horrors of the Oct. 7 massacre; discredit pro-Palestinian voices and justify the bombing of Gaza; limit the flow of information about the conflict coming out of Gaza; and rally the Israeli public by advertising its military prowess and destruction of Gaza.

Israel’s investments over the past decade began to pay off as the details of the Oct. 7 massacre spilled over into the policy discourse. Several artificial intelligence (AI) companies in Israel and the United States that were supporting Israeli information warfare before the war began were ready to roll into action. Within days of the Hamas attack, Akooda, an Israeli technology company, created Words of Iron, an AI-powered application users could use to amplify social media posts and narratives supporting Israel and report posts critical of Israel—all while seeming grassroots and authentic.

The Israeli government understands that confused audiences gravitate toward selective facts that reinforce their existing notions of the conflict.
Israel has controlled the flow of information by limiting international media access to Gaza, targeting communication infrastructure in Gaza, causing electricity blackouts, depleting users and internet providers of fuel needed to charge phones and servers, and imposing long internet blackouts.

Israel’s social media campaign also seeks to push back against the country’s anti-war minority and pander to the right-wing electorate. The government cracked down on critics by passing an amendment to Israel’s anti-terrorism law criminalizing consumption of anti-war content on social media and threatening shutdowns of television channels and their websites. Journalists have been harassed by right-wing mobs

Karlysymon

Superstar
This is the joke of the day....but a very serious one (because these are policy makers). I couldn't even believe what i was reading. A truly colorful cast of characters...

A new task force of former national security officials and business leaders released a proposal on Thursday to facilitate the rehabilitation of Gaza, eschewing some of the most common proposals for a post-war Gaza. Its centerpiece is a proposal for a new Arab-backed international trust that would lead the effort to rebuild Gaza.

The report concludes that most of the proposals floated for post-war Gaza — including prompt movement toward a two-state solution, near-term Palestinian Authority control, a United Nations mission, an on-the-ground Arab state mission or long-term Israeli control — are likely infeasible in the short term or practically or politically untenable. It argues instead for a new private entity supported by several Arab states to be established to both oversee and facilitate humanitarian aid and assist with efforts to establish new Palestinian governance in Gaza.

The Gaza Futures Task Force, which issued the report, is operating through the Jewish Institute for the National Security of America and the Vandenberg Coalition, and includes John Hannah, Elliot Abrams, Eric Edelman, Gary Ginsberg, Emily Harding, Lewis “Scooter” Libby and Steven Price.

To ensure security for the trust’s operations, the plan proposes recruiting troops from non-Arab states friendly with Israel, as well as vetted Palestinians like those who served in pre-Hamas Fatah police units. Failing that, the plan suggests bringing in private military contractors who have worked with western authorities in the past.

Hannah acknowledged that this proposal is likely to face particular skepticism, given the checkered history of some security contractors, which some argue damaged the U.S.’s reputation and efforts in the Middle East.

“We recognize that there are some associations, in particular, because of some of the experiences during the War on Terror with one or two companies,” he said. “But we’re pretty confident, having done significant interviews with people in the U.S. military who were deeply engaged after some of those incidents in developing a very comprehensive framework of licensing and monitoring and accountability for these kinds of private security firms that they can play very useful and effective roles.”
1710251591589.png

The task force that produced the report consists of nine members, four of whom played key roles as Middle East policymakers under former President George W. Bush and in the run-up to and aftermath of the disastrous Iraq invasion in 2003.

In addition to their collaboration during the Bush administration, the four men have long been associated with strongly pro-Israel neoconservative groups, having served on the boards or in advisory positions for such organizations and think tanks as the Hudson Institute, the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, the ultra-hawkish Center for Security Policy, as well as the Vandenberg Coalition and JINSA. Indeed, such groups have promoted policies that have been generally aligned with those of the Likud Party led by Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu.
Source

Karlysymon

Superstar
Is the Gaza Pier a US Conspiracy? - Gaza on the Line

10 mins

It wouldn't just be institutions or players in international finance though...making moves to empty out Gaza. In this situation, we'd have to look at players in other circles. Which means that this goes up to the highest echelons of power.
I'll quote director Stephen Gaghan again (video is 31mins but the second half is a repetition with the camera focused on the host, so the interview is just 14mins)

"...It's a small world, like anything there's only a few guys pulling the strings. The power players in the world of oil, arms, Middle Eastern foreign policy...it's like less than 200 people and they all know each other."

Stucky

Star
You are trying to infuse others actions with mine. That this aint a "show of support thread" your pal dingbat daze leapt in to prove you wrong and openly proclaimed his support for the Oct. 7 campaign.
You prove my point. Daze did not claim that he supported the killing of civilians. And since you acknowledge that military targets were legit it would follow you support that part of the Oct 7 attacks?.

Yes. Combat against military personnel, officials directly related to Palestinian oppression or Jewish civilians who attack Palestinians/violently occupy their land are all legitimate targets.
What about civilians that are living on stolen land. Are they exempt as military targets? I ask because i came across this,

In a situation of invasion or occupation, all those associated with the effort, even if not carrying arms, are considered legitimate targets and all Muslim civilians are under obligation to fight to defend the homeland.
In your opinion Is the above quote true to Islamic rules of war?

VC went into detail exposing the actual Hamas leadership and their lifestyle. I only saw those things mentioned here briefly and they were actually being defended?
The VC article was poor and it never exposed anything in any detail.....Period

EDIT: Can you show me where the Hamas leadership were being defended?

Last edited:

irrationalNinja

Veteran

Yup. The 3 people who continue posting in this thread have posted full support for Hamas’ atrocities on Oct 7, because “Oppression!” Sad.