Mortal Freedom-Spiritual Death!

The struggle between good and evil will always rage on internally.
It doesn't have to. You do have a choice.
Outwardly, the act as a check on self, should I dare to indulge in what's wrong.
It's better and far less tenuous to mind your own thoughts instead- that way you are claiming your own mind internally instead of giving control to something external.
Thats not feasible. We need an absolute moral authority.
why?

There's bad and good in every religious group. We can judge them all. Best way to love and forgive. There's so much genuine good in Catholicism.
According to who? There is good and bad in MOST everyone. The evil are born from the womb. But there is no holiness in man, and without holiness man will not see God.

Bacsi

Star
According to who? There is good and bad in MOST everyone. The evil are born from the womb. But there is no holiness in man, and without holiness man will not see God.
We're all holy for God. He loves and accepts us just the way we are.

Bacsi

Star
You wouldn't have a great opinion of a judge who operates his courtroom on the lines you suggest!
Again and again comparing God to humans. God is of very different nature from us. He is not a human judge performing a social function. We can't forgive. He can.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Again and again comparing God to humans. God is of very different nature from us. He is not a human judge performing a social function. We can't forgive. He can.
Your reply assumes some kind of ethical disconnect, so God can somehow be unjust, turn a blind eye to evil yet remain holy. I think when God calculates 2+2, he gets 4, just like you and I do!

Bacsi

Star
Your reply assumes some kind of ethical disconnect, so God can somehow be unjust, turn a blind eye to evil yet remain holy. I think when God calculates 2+2, he gets 4, just like you and I do!
His judgement is not our judgement. We see a bad guy doing an awful act. He sees his wonderful creation carrying out his will exactly as it's programmed. So he would be quite foolish to punish. It's like a human kicking their pet dog for barking or sniffing. Don't get a dog if you can't put up with its thing.

Christians udually whitewash most atrocious heinous acts of "God" in the Bible by exactly the same argument - he's God and his ways are not our ways. In my case, I'm making him loving, not vicious.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
His judgement is not our judgement. We see a bad guy doing an awful act. He sees his wonderful creation carrying out his will exactly as it's programmed. So he would be quite foolish to punish. It's like a human kicking their pet dog for barking or sniffing. Don't get a dog if you can't put up with its thing
So even wickedness is to be embraced by God, a kind of "Born this Way" explanation?

Bacsi

Star
So even wickedness is to be embraced by God, a kind of "Born this Way" explanation?
Yes. Born this way, but has an obligation for progress. Choosing love vs. hate. Selflessness vs. egoism. Forgiveness vs. revenge. Etc. Then, you can progress in the spirit world higher. This world is a training ground. Most people are low-level vibration souls. Very rare high-vibration holy women and men are bound to suffer a lot, as this world pushes people to sin by its artificial separetedness and limitations. The holier people are needed as guides. Otherwise, it would be utterly dark here as it is in some other worlds.

God cares how you act, but won't punish you for failure. He understands. Another chance at life will be given. Start from square one every time. He's not a mad dad who kills his son for "spilled milk".

So, there is a punishment in the sense of having to repeat life in a suffering-filled and limited world. Not as being tormented in hell fire forever and ever.... In your new life, you'll encounter similar situations as opportunity to make different choices... Have to be courageous in choosing good over evil.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
Here we must focus on this life, not the next. There're consequences of every action. If we care about what we do today because it affects somebody in some way, it'll really make a difference. If we're half-ass scared of a future hell, we're never going to really act responsibly. It's a very weak motivator. Especially when there are multiple ways to "buy out" your way by means of prayer, donation, ritual, ministry etc
You cannot buy your way out through prayer, donation, ritual etc.

Sidebar-- people who talk about or reference "Jesus' teachings" rarely, if ever, mention what those teachings may be. From what I have read (and I have read a lot), Jesus taught that one must be born again... because the Kingdom of God is at hand.

JOHN 3:3

MATTHEW 1:15

Bacsi

Star
You cannot buy your way out through prayer, donation, ritual etc.

Sidebar-- people who talk about or reference "Jesus' teachings" rarely, if ever, mention what those teachings may be. From what I have read (and I have read a lot), Jesus taught that one must be born again... because the Kingdom of God is at hand.

JOHN 3:3

MATTHEW 1:15
Your are right - truly spiritual people know the hypocrisy of false religiosity. Not so many of them around...

Being born again is moral reformation, a true enlightenment or renewal of your mind. When you understand what this life is about. Until then you're in the darkness.

The wide array of Christian religious prescriptions such as "pray this sinner's prayer" or "accept Jesus in your heart" or "beleive in the gospel" or whatever version of salvation is preffered, are all a misleading lie. It replaces the real thing with a surrogate.

That's why Christianity is in a deep crisis. They've misquoted and misunderstood Jesus Christ. Islam is closer to the truth in this respect by far.

Last edited:
Christians udually whitewash most atrocious heinous actions of "God" in the Bible by exactly the same argument - he's God and his ways are not our ways. In my case, I'm making him loving, not vicious.
You are making God in your own Image and not being conformed to the image of Christ. This will be my last post to you, you know nothing about God. I will only respond if you need Spiritual Truth or help.

Bacsi

Star
You are an enemy to the cross of Christ.
I'm not. I'm a very good friend of Jesus. Some religious folks might not like me, but Jesus is my buddy. I converse to his spirit often. He's extremely kind and powerful, unlike some "Christians".

Bacsi

Star
You are making God in your own Image and not being conformed to the image of Christ. This will be my last post to you, you know nothing about God. I will only respond if you need Spiritual Truth or help.
Well. The flood. Nice "God"?

Karlysymon

Superstar
I said:
We need an absolute moral authority
Because we'll all end up with our own versions of what's right and wrong. As is often that case, someone's version of right and wrong ends up reigning supreme.
Thats why homes, communities, states, countries have laws/rules. There is a set of rules that sits above your personal ones.

Because we'll all end up with our own versions of what's right and wrong. As is often that case, someone's version of right and wrong ends up reigning supreme.
Thats why homes, communities, states, countries have laws/rules. There is a set of rules that sits above your personal ones.
Everyone has their own version regardless. Like I said, you can be handed a set of rules, but there is still the matter of choosing to follow them or not-- meaning you make your own version regardless. Also, just because you agree to be obedient does not mean you will understand the reasoning behind the rules or advantages/disadvantages of them, which is far more important than blindly obeying anyway. You have to decide on your own. No one else is going to decide for you because ultimately you still control your own actions