"Mark of the Beast" is a chip!

phipps

Star
Would you describe yourself as pre-wrath / post-trib then @phipps ?
I am neither. I should have explained myself better (I should edit my post). Sometimes in the Bible especially when Jesus preached, there could be more than one lesson to learn from but its never contradictory. It all leads to one truth of the Bible.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
Yes but do you understand this verse ?

Paul wrote that something is restraining the man of sin also known as the son of perdition from being revealed... and the term son of perdition is also used about Judas Ischariot. An apostle who had charge over the money...

Antichrists are only spoken of by the apostle John and he described them as someone who were once Christians.

So the Antichrist of John and the Man of Sin of Paul are one and the same and he appears as a Christian in charge of money or wealth.

What is it that is restraining this man from being revealed ? That is technology !

Today TV and internett have revealed this man to everybody.

He is Papa the Pope the self appointed middle man between God and man also self styled as the Vicar of Christ sitting as if he is God in the temple of God. He is even the prince who is to come in Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy.

And he is specifically this Pope... as the correct interpretation of Daniel's prophetic timeline proves that.

I not only said who the antichrist is but as you can see i also proved it.
No. Jesus spoke of a specific event -- the abomination of desolation -- when the antichrist would stand in "the holy place" and declare himself to be God. When did the Pope do this? There will be no mistaking this event for anything else, or anything else for this event, because Jesus said that when this event occurs, then Jews should run for the hills.

The antichrist, the son of perdition, the man of sin, the lawless one, are all terms used for the same person.

floss

Star
Thanks, not sure when and how i confused it. I do not believe it's going to be chip btw.
Same here, it seem a micro chip will be too obvious to be the MOTB. Imo, its a spiritual mark on the 3rd eye due to them worshipping the A/C in the name of love/peace. People will love and worship the A/C with all their heart/mind/soul/strength as he will be like unto a religious celebrity. (This is the moment God rejected them and they become a reprobate) (Wouldn’t be surprised if the A/C born out of Disney, rofl) As for MOTB on the hand, I think its something similar to signing a blood contract using either of their hand.

Thunderian

Superstar
I think the mark spoken of will be some sort of visible mark with electronic information on or in it.

The mark will be a way to track and control the population, and will be needed to do anything you need a ID or a bank card for. The way things are going, that will be everything.

floss

Star
I think the mark spoken of will be some sort of visible mark with electronic information on or in it.

The mark will be a way to track and control the population, and will be needed to do anything you need a ID or a bank card for. The way things are going, that will be everything.
Hope you been well brother.

It seem to me about everyone in the truther movement know this as the MOTB. How can the A/C sort out saved Christian and Truther Movement? And will taking this micro chip make one become a reprobate in the eyes of God? Thanks, Godbless you

phipps

Star
The Other Woman

How does Jesus describe Babylon in the book of Revelation?

“I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters. ... And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. And on her forehead a name was written: MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH” (Revelation 17:1, 3–5).

In Revelation 17:1–5, Jesus describes Babylon as a harlot dressed in red and purple. She is seated on a scarlet-coloured beast, which has seven heads and ten horns and sits on many waters.

Who is the symbolic pure woman of Revelation chapter 12?

A pure woman, clothed with the sun, is depicted in Revelation 12:1–6. This pure woman symbolizes God’s pure church, which is faithful to her husband, Jesus.

What does a harlot represent in Bible prophecy?

“Cause Jerusalem to know her abominations. ... You trusted in your own beauty, played the harlot” (Ezekiel 16:2, 15).

As a pure woman symbolizes a pure church that is faithful to Jesus, so an impure woman represents an impure, or fallen, church that is unfaithful to Jesus (James 4:4).

Can we identify the harlot (church) that is called “Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots” in Revelation chapter 17?

Yes. It is widely known that there is only one church that claims to be the mother church—the Roman Catholic Church. A prominent Catholic priest, John A. O’Brien, said, “That observance [Sunday-keeping] remains as a reminder of the Mother Church from which the non-Catholic sects broke away.”

The points used in Revelation 17 to describe mother Babylon and the beast she rides clearly fit the papacy:

A. She persecuted the saints (verse 6).

B. She was dressed in purple and scarlet (verse 4). The pope often wears the royal colour of purple at important functions, and red is the colour of the robes of Catholic cardinals.

C. The seven heads of the beast (verse 3) upon which the woman is seated are seven mountains (verse 9). It is well-known that Rome, the headquarters of the papacy, is built upon seven hills, or mountains.

D. The beast is guilty of blasphemy (verse 3), a point that also clearly fits the papacy.

E. She ruled “over the kings of the earth” (verse 18). Alexander Flick says that by the 13th century, the pope was “at least in theory ... the ruler of the whole world in temporal and spiritual affairs.” This point could fit no other earthly kingdom or government. The papacy is described in Revelation 17 too clearly for doubt.

Note: Many leaders of the Reformation (Huss, Wycliffe, Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, Melanchthon, Cranmer, Tyndale, Latimer, Ridley, and others) taught that the papacy is the power here involved.

1John A. O'Brien, The Faith of Millions (Huntington, IN: Our Sunday Visitor, Inc., 1974), p. 401.

2The Rise of the Mediaeval Church (New York: Burt Franklin, 1959), 575.

3George Eldon Ladd, The Blessed Hope (Grand Rapids, MI: William B. Eerdman's Publishing Co., 1956), pp. 32-34.

What is the literal meaning of the word “Babylon,” and what is its origin?

“Let us build ... a tower whose top is in the heavens. ... And the Lord said ... let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech. ... Therefore its name is called Babel [“confusion”]; because there the Lord confused the language” (Genesis 11:4, 6, 7, 9).

The words “Babel” and “Babylon” mean “confusion.” The name Babylon originated at the Tower of Babel, which was erected after the Flood by defiant pagans who hoped to build it so high that no floodwaters could ever cover it (verse 4). But the Lord confounded their language, and the resultant confusion was so great they were forced to halt construction. They then called the tower “Babel” (Babylon), or “confusion.” Later, in Old Testament days, a worldwide pagan kingdom named Babylon arose; it was an enemy of God’s people, Israel. It embodied rebellion, disobedience, persecution of God’s people, pride, and idolatry (Jeremiah 39:6-7; 50:29, 31–34; 51:24, 34, 47; Daniel 3 and 5). In Isaiah chapter 14, God uses Babylon as a symbol of Satan because Babylon was so hostile and devastating to God’s work and His people. In the New Testament book of Revelation, the term “Babylon” is used to signify a religious kingdom that is an enemy of God’s spiritual Israel—His church (Revelation 14:8; 16:19)

Who are the harlot daughters of the mother Babylon described in Revelation 17:5?

They are some of the churches that originally protested the false teachings of mother Babylon and left her during the great Protestant Reformation. But later they began to mimic the principles and actions of the mother and thus became fallen themselves. No woman is born a harlot. Neither were the symbolic Protestant daughter churches born fallen. Any church or organization that teaches and follows Babylon’s false doctrines and practices could become a fallen church or daughter. So Babylon is a family name that embraces both the Mother Church and those of her daughters who are also fallen.

In Revelation 17, why is mother Babylon pictured as riding on the beast? What does the beast represent?

In Revelation 13:110, Jesus portrays the papacy as a combination of church and state. In Revelation chapter 17, Jesus depicts the church (the harlot) and state (the beast) as separate entities, though related. The woman is astride the beast, which signifies that the church is in control of the state.

What other powers unite with the papacy in fulfilling end-time events?

“I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty” (Revelation 16:13-14).

The dragon of Revelation 12:3-4 and the false prophet of Revelation 13:11–14 and 19:20 form an alliance with the beast of Revelation 13:1–8, or the papacy.

A. The dragon of Revelation 12 represents Satan working through pagan Rome. In these last days the unholy partnership includes non-Christian religions such as Islam, Buddhism, Shintoism, Hinduism, the New Age, secular humanism, etc.

B. The false prophet represents apostate Protestantism centred in the United States, which will take the lead in urging worldwide worship of the beast.

C. The beast is the papacy.

D. These three powers: non-Christian religions and governments, apostate Protestantism, and Roman Catholicism will become allies in Armageddon—the final war against God, His law, and His loyal followers. This coalition is called “Babylon the great” by Jesus in Revelation 18:2.

How will organizations with such diverse backgrounds effectively unite?

“These are of one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast” (Revelation 17:13).

Revelation 16:13-14 says “unclean spirits like frogs,” which are “spirits of demons,” will unite them through the miracles they will work. Spiritism—the belief that the dead are alive and can contact the living—will be the tenet that welds all together. Satan and his angels—posing as the spirits of dead loved ones, prophets of old, angels of heaven (2 Corinthians 11:13-14), and even Christ Himself (Matthew 24:24)—will convince the world that their cause is guided from heaven. Incidentally, all three entities believe that the dead are alive:

A. Catholicism prays to Mary and other dead saints and believes these saints bless their followers with miracles.

B. Non-Christian religions are overwhelmingly based on belief in and worship of spirits of the dead. The New Age stresses “channeling”—supposed talking to the spirits of the dead.

C. Apostate Protestantism believes that the dead are not dead but, rather, alive in heaven or hell. Thus they are susceptible to deception by demons who pose as spirits of the dead.

For what sins does God indict Babylon?

“Babylon the great is fallen” (Revelation 18:2). “... and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit. ... By your sorcery all the nations were deceived” (Revelation 18:2, 23). “The inhabitants of the earth were made drunk” from the wine of abomination and fornication found in her cup (Revelation 17:2, 4; 18:3). “The kings of the earth have committed fornication with her” (Revelation 18:3).

To fall means to turn away from Bible truth and the worship of the true God (2 Peter 3:17-18). Thus, God is indicting Babylon for (1) conferring with devils by inviting evil spirits into its midst through spiritism and for (2) deceiving virtually the entire world through lying, demonic spirits. Lies are a type of abomination in the Bible (Proverbs 12:22). Babylon’s wine, which contains false teachings, disorients and benumbs those who drink it and makes them spiritually drunk. In contrast, the church is the bride of Christ (Revelation 19:7-8) and loves Him and is loyal to Him only—which Jesus said means keeping His commandments (John 14:15). Therefore, the papacy is censured here for turning away from her husband, Jesus (James 4:4) and for forming illicit relationships with civil governments (union of church and state) for her support. In addition, Babylon trafficks in the “souls of men” (Revelation 18:11–13); thus, God denounces Babylon for treating people as merchandise rather than as precious children of God.

What are some of the false teachings contained in Babylon’s wine that make people spiritually drunk and confused?

Amazingly, some of the most prominent doctrines of Protestantism today are not found in the Bible at all. They have been brought into the Protestant churches by the Mother Church of Rome, who received them from paganism. A few of these false teachings are that:

A. The law of God has been amended or repealed.
God’s law can never be changed or repealed (Luke 16:17).

B. The soul is immortal.
The Bible mentions "soul" and "spirit" nearly 1,000 times. Not once is either referred to as immortal. People are mortal (Job 4:17), and none receives immortality until Jesus’ second advent (1 Corinthians 15:51–54).

C. Sinners burn eternally in hell.
The Bible teaches that sinners will be consumed (put out of existence), both soul and body, in the fire (Matthew 10:28). An eternal hell of torment is not taught in the Bible.

D. Baptism by immersion is not necessary.
Baptism by immersion is the only baptism recognized by Scripture.

E. Sunday is God’s holy day.
The Bible teaches, without question, that God’s holy day is the seventh day which is Saturday.

Note: These false teachings, once believed, tend to bring “confusion” (which is what the term “Babylon” literally means) and make understanding Scripture much more difficult.

A Sobering Thought
It’s sobering to think that some might unknowingly be drinking Babylon’s wine. Perhaps this is all new to you. If so, ask God to guide you (Matthew 7:7-8). Then search the Scriptures (Acts 17:11). Promise that you will follow where Jesus leads, and He will not permit you to end up in error (John 7:17).

Who will be on the Lord’s side in the battle of Armageddon?

In this final battle, the angels of heaven (Hebrews 1:13-14; Matthew 13:41-42) and God’s people—the remnant (Revelation 12:17)—will be allied with Jesus, who leads the armies of heaven (Revelation 19:11–16) against Satan and his supporters. God’s remnant is composed of those who refuse the falsehoods of Babylon. They are known for (1) their love of Jesus (1 John 5:2-3), (2) their loyalty to and faith in Him (Revelation 14:12), and (3) their obedience to His Word and commandments (Revelation 12:17; John 8:31-32).

What will be Satan’s strategy in this final conflict between God’s truth and Satan’s lies?

Though Satan hates God and His Son, he and his demons will pose as holy angels and as devoted Christian clergymen (2 Corinthians 11:13–15). What he presents as evidence for his side will seem so righteous, spiritual, and Jesus-like that nearly everybody on earth will be deceived and follow him (Matthew 24:24). He will doubtless use the Bible, as he did when tempting Jesus in the wilderness (Matthew 4:1–11). Satan’s logic is so persuasive that it deceived one third of the angels of heaven, Adam and Eve, and, at the time of the Flood, everybody on earth except eight people.

What is God’s counter-strategy?

“To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them” (Isaiah 8:20).

God always counters Satan’s lies with truth. When tempted by Satan in the wilderness, Jesus repeatedly quoted Scripture (Matthew 4:1–11). Through His remnant people, God will tell the truth about the unbiblical nature of Babylon the great. He will make it clear that Babylon is presenting a false gospel (Galatians 1:8–12), which has opened the door for billions to be deceived and lost. God’s counter-movement is outlined in the great three angels’ messages of Revelation 14:6–14. These three fantastic messages expose and warn against Satan’s lies and counterfeits and call people to worship God and obey Him, not only in spirit but in Bible truth as well.

Will God’s end-time messages of warning and hope be effective?

“After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory” (Revelation 18:1).

In Scripture, angels represent messengers or messages (Hebrews 1:13-14). God’s end-time appeal is symbolized by a mighty angel whose power is so great that the entire world is lightened with God’s truth and glory. This final, God-given message will go to the inhabitants of the entire world (Revelation 14:6; Mark 16:15; Matthew 24:14).

What final, urgent appeal will Jesus make to those who are in Babylon?

He will say, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities” (Revelation 18:4-5).

Please notice that Jesus refers to many people in Babylon as “my people.” There are millions of sincere Christians in Babylon who have not yet heard this warning message. These people love the Lord supremely, and Jesus says they are His children.

How will people who love Jesus but who are now in Babylon respond when they hear His appeal to come out?

Jesus says, “Other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd. ... My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me” (John 10:16, 27). Jesus recognizes His children who are in Babylon. Further, He promises to call them out of Babylon before it is destroyed. And, most glorious of all, Jesus promises that His people who are yet in Babylon will hear and recognize His voice and come out to safety.

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4999/t/the-other-woman

TokiEl

Superstar
No. Jesus spoke of a specific event -- the abomination of desolation -- when the antichrist would stand in "the holy place" and declare himself to be God. When did the Pope do this? There will be no mistaking this event for anything else, or anything else for this event, because Jesus said that when this event occurs, then Jews should run for the hills.

The antichrist, the son of perdition, the man of sin, the lawless one, are all terms used for the same person.
In Luke 21:20-24 there is no mention of the abomination of desolation and instead He said... When you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies then know that its desolation is near. Run to the hills !

This is history.

Now we know the GogMagog confederacy will attack Israel... but will Jerusalem be destroyed again ?

Anybody ?

Thunderian

Superstar
Hope you been well brother.

It seem to me about everyone in the truther movement know this as the MOTB. How can the A/C sort out saved Christian and Truther Movement? And will taking this micro chip make one become a reprobate in the eyes of God? Thanks, Godbless you
The "Truther" movement isn't grounded in any kind of real truth, and won't put up any kind of real fight. Plus, the antichrist will be persecuting Jews, and what Truther could be against that? So the antichrist won't have to sort out saved Christians and Truthers. He only has to worry about who takes the mark, and who doesn't.

Taking the mark means that God and the person who takes it have nothing more to say to each other. Those who take the mark are damned for eternity. The Bible says in Revelation 14, "And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name." This warning, we are told in the same chapter, will be broadcast over the earth by an angel of God, and no one will be able to take the mark by mistake, or be forced to take it.

Satan counterfeits God, and the mark is a counterfeit of the seal of the Holy Spirit we receive when we accept Jesus Christ. We must make a conscious decision to accept Jesus Christ and his accompanying seal of salvation and so, during the Tribulation, people will have to make a conscious decision to worship the antichrist and take his mark.

God bless you, too, @floss!

Thunderian

Superstar
In Luke 21:20-24 there is no mention of the abomination of desolation
But it's in the parallel passages.

Matthew 24​
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)​
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:​
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:​
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.​
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!​
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:​
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.​
Mark 13​
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:​
15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:​
16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.​
17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!​
18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.​
19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.​

and instead He said...

When you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies then know that its desolation is near. Run to the hills !

This is history.
It can't be history, because there is no point in history where a man has stood in God's temple in Jerusalem, declared himself God, and then ushered in a time of persecution against Jews that has remained unrivaled to this day. Only that exact sequence of events will declare who the antichrist is, just as the Bible says it will.

TokiEl

Superstar
But it's in the parallel passages.
Yes i know. But don't forget that the term abomination of desolation was absent in the Luke account and instead replaced with armies surrounding Jerusalem.

The term abomination of desolation standing in the holy place (let the reader understand) might still be valid at the end times... but what does it mean ? Where is the holy place ? When the Temple of God today is Christians with the Holy spirit... it might mean the Mark of the Beast implanted into human bodies.

In other words when we see the microchip implant being mandatory for buying and selling... run to the hills !

It can't be history, because there is no point in history where a man has stood in God's temple in Jerusalem, declared himself God, and then ushered in a time of persecution against Jews that has remained unrivaled to this day. Only that exact sequence of events will declare who the antichrist is, just as the Bible says it will.
God escaped from the Temple in Jerusalem when Jesus Christ exhaled.

And almost 40 years later that Temple was destroyed by the invading Roman army... and now we are waiting for another Temple of God to be built in Jerusalem where the Antichrist will install himself ?

So is it a Temple of God or a Temple of Antichrist ?

Christians with the Holy spirit is the Temple of God after Pentecost 33 AD... so you don't see the Pope who in fact is opposing God as the Antichrist sitting as if he is God in the Temple of God ? What's wrong with you ? L0L.

There was a time when questioning the official version was a respectable and necessary part of public dialogue. But now, so-called truthers are more apt to simply spread lies than to soberly and skeptically examine the facts.

I agree. Some is a result of people being so distrustful of the MSM or the official stories that they will swallow whatever appears on an "alternative" news sight without questioning. Some just reaffirms their biases and prejudices but the conspiracy community is in a sad state right now.

Thunderian

Superstar
Yes i know. But don't forget that the term abomination of desolation was absent in the Luke account and instead replaced with armies surrounding Jerusalem.

What difference does it make when two of the three passages use the term abomination of desolation? You're clearly going down the wrong road when you have to mangle scripture to make it fit.

The term abomination of desolation standing in the holy place (let the reader understand) might still be valid at the end times... but what does it mean ?
You have no idea what we're talking about, do you? Read Daniel 11 and 12 if you want to catch up on what the abomination of desolation actually is.

Where is the holy place ? When the Temple of God today is Christians with the Holy spirit... it might mean the Mark of the Beast implanted into human bodies.
The only holy place that is referenced in scripture is in the Temple of God in Jerusalem, or in the tabernacle. There are 59 references in the King James -- none of them referring to anything within the human body.

In other words when we see the microchip implant being mandatory for buying and selling... run to the hills !
That's the most ignorant interpretation I have ever seen.

... and now we are waiting for another Temple of God to be built in Jerusalem where the Antichrist will install himself ?
That is literally what the Bible says is going to happen, yes.

Christians with the Holy spirit is the Temple of God after Pentecost 33 AD... so you don't see the Pope who in fact is opposing God as the Antichrist sitting as if he is God in the Temple of God ? What's wrong with you ? L0L.
It's just such an appallingly bad interpretation. Like I said, read Daniel 11 and 12 and then see if what you're saying about the abomination of desolation makes any sense at all.

TokiEl

Superstar
It's just such an appallingly bad interpretation. Like I said, read Daniel 11 and 12 and then see if what you're saying about the abomination of desolation makes any sense at all.
I know the main stream Christian interpretation is a rebuilt Temple of God in Jerusalem where the Antichrist will sit and rule the world.

This is what main stream Christians wait and watch for...

Daniel 11 is about Antiochus Epiphanes who installed an alter to Zeus in the Temple of God in Jerusalem.

Daniel 12 is about Michael the great Prince of the Jews standing up in a time of terrible trouble for the Jews even until that time He was raised standing on the cross... remember Michael is Jesus Christ and saints rose from their tombs when He exhaled and went down to the underworld where their souls were.

Reality is truly greater than your imagination... your wit is as a shadow on a bright sunny day.

Last edited:

mhmdv

Rookie
And it will be just like in China. They'll look at your internet history, social media behavior and if your social score is low, you won't be able to buy things, rent a house, apply a job or travel.

Thunderian

Superstar
Daniel 11 is about Antiochus Epiphanes who installed an alter to Zeus in the Temple of God in Jerusalem.
So Jesus was warning the Jews about something that had taken place 200 years before? How is that prophecy?

534 BC - Daniel 11:31 - And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

167 BC - Antiochus Epiphanes defiles the Temple.

AD 33 - Mark 13:14 - But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

remember Michael is Jesus Christ
What?

Dalit

Star

They're already starting real ID cards at state departments of motor vehicles. You have to have it to enter federal buildings and to fly on a plane. Found that out when my license expired. Of course, you have to show your birth certificate, passport, SSN card, some bills, maybe your first born child to get one. Exaggerating on that last bit. I just stared at the lady encouraging me to get this like she was nuts. I said I would just get my driver's license renewed so I could drive home and look through papers.

TokiEl

Superstar
So Jesus was warning the Jews about something that had taken place 200 years before? How is that prophecy?

534 BC- Daniel 11:31 - And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

167 BC - Antiochus Epiphanes defiles the Temple.

AD 33 - Mark 13:14 - But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
The abomination of desolation is absent in the Luke account... and instead replaced with armies surrounding Jerusalem.

And this was the sign that it was time to run for the hills... because Jerusalem was about to be destroyed. Josephus was an eyewitness to the civil war in Jerusalem just before the Roman invasion in 69/70 AD and described the Jewish division carnage and desecration even committed in the Temple precinct.

This was the beginning of the end for the Jewish nation which was finalized after their unsuccessful Bar Kokbah revolt in 135/136 AD.

Daniel also used the term abomination of desolation when prophesying about an invasion... whence consequence would be idol worship.

Is Jesus Christ and Michael the Archangel one and the same ? Yes !

Thunderian

Superstar
The abomination of desolation is absent in the Luke account... and instead replaced with armies surrounding Jerusalem.
In the other passages, like the one from Mark that I quoted, where Jesus refers to the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel, is he speaking of Antiochus? Is he speaking of a past event? Yes or no, please.

Is Jesus Christ and Michael the Archangel one and the same ? Yes !
How come Jesus could rebuke Satan and Michael dared not to?

Jude 1:9 - Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.