Journalist Andy Ngo beaten up by antifa activists at Portland protest

Thunderian

Superstar
I’ll take the word of the people there, he has a long history of doing shit like this. No other (real) journalist has this happen to them.
I'm unsure what that picture you posted proves. Do you have a link to any articles he's written that warrant him being beaten up -- like, where he's encouraging violence or justifying it (the way you're doing)?

As I said, I only know him from his articles (NY Post, Wall Street Journal, Quillette, etc.) and his online videos. He's anti-hate pro-free speech. What violence is he perpetrating against Antifa that justifies an assault?

I'm unsure what that picture you posted proves. Do you have a link to any articles he's written that warrant him being beaten up -- like, where he's encouraging violence or justifying it (the way you're doing)?

As I said, I only know him from his articles (NY Post, Wall Street Journal, Quillette, etc.) and his online videos. He's anti-hate pro-free speech. What violence is he perpetrating against Antifa that justifies an assault?

It won’t be enough for you but I don’t care. If you act as a PR man for the Proud Boys/ Patriot Prayer, there are consequences, his irresponsible “journalism” has put people in danger.

We don’t have the beginning of the fight, this dude has a history of provocation towards Antifa and you don’t get out the hospital with a brain hemorrhage in less than 24 hours.

You’ve be $cammed.

So this is interesting. What your saying is that he was targeted for violence in a specific attack against him for his articles? It wasn't because of something he did at the protest or getting caught in the midst of something.

Thunderian

Superstar
It won’t be enough for you but I don’t care.
You're right, it's not enough for me, because nothing in that Twitter thread justifies beating anyone up.

You and others are trying to convince us that it's OK to assault people because of the words they say. No good cause has ever promoted itself by wearing masks and beating people in the streets. It's worrisome that you are promoting this.

You're right, it's not enough for me, because nothing in that Twitter thread justifies beating anyone up.

You and others are trying to convince us that it's OK to assault people because of the words they say. No good cause has ever promoted itself by wearing masks and beating people in the streets. It's worrisome that you are promoting this.
It’s worrisome that you’re defending a guy who acts as a PR man for fascists.

Some dude got roughed up, it happens. How many people have right wingers killed in the last few years? How many has Antifa killed? ( zero by the way)

Here’s the thing, these white nationalist rallies are getting smaller, you know why? Because they face resistance and think twice. The strategy works.

It’s not about optics, it’s about protection, the PB/PP groups have been waging a terror campaign in Portland. These examples of masculinity, these true non-soy men got fucked up over the weekend and they want to play victim. Not buying it.

Vixy

Star
This is baaaaaaad, baaad, baaad! They're stooping to another level of low, it seems there's nothing they won't do, they really are convinced they're doing the right thing. This is... NOOT good! Evil keps escalating.

justjess

Superstar
I am truly confused/curious when we became such a nation of lames...

It used to be if you ran your damn mouth you were prepared to back it up because otherwise you were getting your ass kicked and you know it. Now people just run their mouths and then call the cops. It’s bewildering.

Does this guy not have health insurance? What is he even fund raising for?

I'm not defending him. I'm asking what he's done that justifies being beaten.
Doxxing a woman after getting her neck broke in an altercation he helped instigate. Creating a list of “Antifa sympathetic” journalists and putting it out for the crazies and going to these rallies and intentionally provoking people is a recipe to get a few boo-boos.

polymoog

Superstar
Whether controlled or not the main issue is people legitimately HATE what each other stand for. There is no talking. The white-nationalists and BLM are not going to sit down and have a friendly convo. The emotions were really kicked up when Drumph entered the scene. Younger white-nationalists and conservatives started raising their voice in a way I've never witnessed. It's like his presence unleashed an anger from "white-folk" that had been buried for generations.
i dont see it that way at all. people were already disgusted and furious during obamas first term. the anger was there but when the right scored a victory by electing trump, they felt they could undo a lot of obamas damage. thats when they got even louder. the left and the left media, defending hillary and the liberal agenda, "resisted" (her slogan post-2016 election) and continues to raise the stakes, and the right matches them.

thats where we are.

this antifa/extreme right violence will be used against us for more draconian laws and a gun grab. the CIA agents who control antifa and the extremist rightists (or at the least, the agent provocateurs on each side) will create a large enough clash to have the politicians do this "in the best interest of america". put money on it.

Thunderian

Superstar
Doxxing a woman after getting her neck broke in an altercation he helped instigate. Creating a list of “Antifa sympathetic” journalists and putting it out for the crazies and going to these rallies and intentionally provoking people is a recipe to get a few boo-boos.
You have shown no proof he's done any of this, while excusing the assault of a person for a difference of opinion.

Thunderian

Superstar
So anyway, a bunch of white people beat up a gay, Asian journalist a few days ago. Normally, this would be Trump's fault, but the journalist isn't a liberal, so the official line is that he deserved it.

The Colonel keeps saying Ngo's not a real journalist, but he's been published extensively in major publications and is an editor for the online magazine Quillette. I'm curious what further credentials are required to be considered to be enough of a journalist to warrant the name.

The Colonel also claims that Ngo is a participator or encourager of right-wing violence, that he doxxed a woman, and that he created a hit list of Antifa-supporting journalists. So far, no evidence of that has been provided. All these claims against Ngo seem based on accusations made by Antifa, and not on anything that can be viewed or verified.

The evidence is that Antifa targeted and attacked a journalist because he wrote things they didn't like. These are brownshirt tactics, plain and simple.

So anyway, a bunch of white people beat up a gay, Asian journalist a few days ago. Normally, this would be Trump's fault, but the journalist isn't a liberal, so the official line is that he deserved it.

The Colonel keeps saying Ngo's not a real journalist, but he's been published extensively in major publications and is an editor for the online magazine Quillette. I'm curious what further credentials are required to be considered to be enough of a journalist to warrant the name.

The Colonel also claims that Ngo is a participator or encourager of right-wing violence, that he doxxed a woman, and that he created a hit list of Antifa-supporting journalists. So far, no evidence of that has been provided. All these claims against Ngo seem based on accusations made by Antifa, and not on anything that can be viewed or verified.

The evidence is that Antifa targeted and attacked a journalist because he wrote things they didn't like. These are brownshirt tactics, plain and simple.

https://medium.com/@BJ_Murphy/no-andy-ngo-wasnt-pelted-with-concrete-milkshakes-by-antifa-87a24ce4012a

F2F69A6F-3CA3-4CC0-BC68-8D1A383AD7D4.jpeg

polymoog

Superstar
what are you implying? its ok that he was attacked because he doxxed someone? you are aware the CNN has doxxed minors, right? should we get violent with CNN reporters? how about the libs like jackson cosko, who leaked the addresses of conservatives? he was convicted, but should he get a mob beating instead?

I’m implying that actions have consequences, you doxx Antifa members, help set up lists of “sympathetic” journalists and act as PR man for the Proud Boys people might not respond well. He got a little owie then fleeced idiots out of 200k dollars.

This is getting twice the coverage of any of the dozens of right wing murders over the past few years. Shows you whose side the media is really on.

And seeing as the press lies repeatedly about Antifa, why wouldn’t I take eye witnesses accounts about Ngo’s behavior over some mainstream garbage?

The dangerous irresponsible lie about cement for instance

Portland milkshake makers face death threats after police tweets

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/concrete-milkshake-death-threat/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

That’s going to get people killed. Right Wing extremists kill dozens of people a year. Antifa is still at zero.

Proud Boys have been running a terror campaign in Portland and elsewhere for years, all you hear is crickets.

One instigator “journalist” gets a black eye and it’s the end of the world.

When this irresponsible reporting inevitably leads to some sick right winger killing an Antifa member/leftist I expect you guys won’t even believe it.

polymoog

Superstar
I’m implying that actions have consequences, you doxx Antifa members, help set up lists of “sympathetic” journalists and act as PR man for the Proud Boys people might not respond well. He got a little owie then fleeced idiots out of 200k dollars.
yes or no: are you justifying violence as a consequence?

i agree that it was a rather superficial wound.
that milkshake joint gave out milkshakes knowing that they were going to be thrown at people. thats pretty disgraceful. and theyre crying that they got "internet hate" over it? ill agree that the doxxing and the violent threats were wrong (i will admit it even if you wont). "hate mail"? cry me a river. and again, it wouldnt surprise me that some of those advocating for violence are agent provocateurs.
im reading that article-- the oath keepers are alt-right? haha-- who wrote that article, the splc? the oath keepers are strict constitutionalists! then again, in the clown world, the constitution and the bill of rights are racist and alt-right.

This is getting twice the coverage of any of the dozens of right wing murders over the past few years. Shows you whose side the media is really on.
thats another hint that the media, controlled by (fill in the blank as you wish), is creating this friction and using it to their advantage.

That’s going to get people killed. Right Wing extremists kill dozens of people a year.
the left calls EVERYONE except their own a 'right wing extremist', so i find those numbers compromised. that aside, i would never condone violence on my side. but would you??

When this irresponsible reporting inevitably leads to some sick right winger killing an Antifa member/leftist I expect you guys won’t even believe it.
thats just funny, considering how often the left promotes violence. should i repeat all the times direct physical violence was directed at our president? how about david harbour saying "punch some people in the face"? how about peter fonda tweeting about kidnapping baron trump because he didnt like the president? how about madonna wanting to blow up the white house?

https://antifaintl.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F186012732078
This is Andy Ngo whether you like it or not. His $cam worked perfectly.

yes or no: are you justifying violence as a consequence?

i agree that it was a rather superficial wound.
that milkshake joint gave out milkshakes knowing that they were going to be thrown at people. thats pretty disgraceful. and theyre crying that they got "internet hate" over it? ill agree that the doxxing and the violent threats were wrong (i will admit it even if you wont). "hate mail"? cry me a river. and again, it wouldnt surprise me that some of those advocating for violence are agent provocateurs.
im reading that article-- the oath keepers are alt-right? haha-- who wrote that article, the splc? the oath keepers are strict constitutionalists! then again, in the clown world, the constitution and the bill of rights are racist and alt-right.

thats another hint that the media, controlled by (fill in the blank as you wish), is creating this friction and using it to their advantage.

the left calls EVERYONE except their own a 'right wing extremist', so i find those numbers compromised. that aside, i would never condone violence on my side. but would you??

thats just funny, considering how often the left promotes violence. should i repeat all the times direct physical violence was directed at our president? how about david harbour saying "punch some people in the face"? how about peter fonda tweeting about kidnapping baron trump because he didnt like the president? how about madonna wanting to blow up the white house?
I don’t care what you think about the numbers, it doesn’t change anything. Right wing murders and violence are at record highs.

You support the people who come and terrorize cities and citizens it’s bound to come with some pushback. I wish they wouldn’t have given a booboo to Ngo, it overshadowed what was otherwise a success where the Proud Boys were exposed as cowards who can talk tough and do good in ambushes but otherwise got licked by a bunch of “effeminate queer pinkos”.

You talk shit enough times and you get hit. That’s the way the world works, right or wrong.

Not since the 1930s has the far right threat been what is now, we know what happens if they win, so it’s an existential threat.

Oh and all this in a state where lawmakers have fled to avoid voting on a bill they can’t stop while threatening violence if someone tries to return them and hiding behind one of your whacked out militias.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/armed-militias-pledge-to-fight-for-fugitive-oregon-gop-lawmakers-at-any-cost

So spare me.

Thunderian

Superstar
THIS is your evidence against Ngo? You're saying he got beat down because someone else said he was hit with Quickcrete milkshakes? After the fact?

And reporting Heather Clark's name is not doxxing, Colonel. It's reporting. Learn the difference. Clark's a public figure who was been charged with criminal mischief and banned from PSU for two years because of her public actions against free speech. You can read her comments on that subject in this article here, under her own name, and most people would agree that you can't doxx someone who has previously made public comments.

Thunderian

Superstar
Still no proof that Andy Ngo is guilty of anything other than reporting on Antifa.