Join the financial revolution

CAC

Rookie
0162E374-7AAD-4EA3-8181-E2B459154503.png

That’s from the ACTUAL guy who started the GameStop squeeze. Michael J Burry was the first guy to buy millions of Gamestop shares under $4 in Dec 2019, told their Board to repurchase shares, and then Ryan Cohen jumped in months later in March 2020. Keith Gill/Roaring Kitty/deepvalue noticed what was going on in June/July 2020 and started pumping GME on Reddit and Youtube. Some Reddit users jumped in recognizing the big whales already involved in the squeeze. Some ridiculed because they didn’t see it yet. Slowly over the summer and fall months of 2020, as everyone was distracted with other headlines, other big money jumped In behind the scenes. By the time most of Reddit caught on and wanted in, it was too late. Anyone too late is a bag holder of overvalued stock.

Thats what happened. Now, if you’re smart you’ll actually notice that Burry left two stock picks up on the screenshots, while making it look like all he was doing was criticizing the Robinhood app. He was doing that, but he also left some breadcrumbs that were correct.

He even posted a riddle the day of the super bowl picking the underdog and the under, both hit.

Aero

Superstar
Everyone should have known how this year's Super Bowl was going to end. KC was actually supposed to lose last year. Most people don't know that. They weren't even going to make it to the super bowl, but some miracle-working idiot was like, "they seem cool". Of course, that led us to the most recent "Fyre fest" of Super Bowls.

I've read some reports that "WallStreetBets" has turned into the Fyre fest of investments. One guy lost 70k because, as he put it, he was "addicted" to chasing that bag. In other words, the thousands of people who were telling people to use their brakes were all spot on. Ultimately, playing wall streets game is not the move.

justjess

Superstar
Anyone know a decent company to go through to buy small amounts of some stocks? I’m thinking about buying some marijuana stock and idk where to start cuz I don’t trust Robin Hood and don’t want to ask my uncle who will probably yell at me for the type of investment

Aero

Superstar
I'm looking for a new broker too.

I have an E-Trade account but haven't done much with it yet. I'm waiting to find something that's the least like gambling. Like a company with real promise, but is that even possible?

Helioform

Star
Anyone know a decent company to go through to buy small amounts of some stocks? I’m thinking about buying some marijuana stock and idk where to start cuz I don’t trust Robin Hood and don’t want to ask my uncle who will probably yell at me for the type of investment
Hmm wow. Funny because I bought some marijuana stock recently. I bought Cronos (CRON). It's up 64% since 3 months ago.

justjess

Superstar
Hmm wow. Funny because I bought some marijuana stock recently. I bought Cronos (CRON). It's up 64% since 3 months ago.
Looking at cronos, Aurora and Aphria. Any others that look good I’m open to advice. We’ve been talking about doing it for years just never did... wish I had. They were like penny stocks back in 2015 when we started thinking about it - would have made a decent amount. Got that stimulus money now so.. lol. (Used the last stimulus on tangible “preps”)

Any advice on a company to use to buy them? Other than retirement funds through work we’ve never fucked with stock.

Helioform

Star
Looking at cronos, Aurora and Aphria. Any others that look good I’m open to advice. We’ve been talking about doing it for years just never did... wish I had. They were like penny stocks back in 2015 when we started thinking about it - would have made a decent amount. Got that stimulus money now so.. lol. (Used the last stimulus on tangible “preps”)

Any advice on a company to use to buy them? Other than retirement funds through work we’ve never fucked with stock.
With Biden being president, there is a good chance that marijuana becomes legal everywhere in the US so it is a good investment.

I can't recommend any other but you can do a Google search.

And I use Wealthsimple Trade, but that is for Canadians only.