Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin?

I don't think that's a very nice thing to say.

The Messenger of God (peace and blessings be upon him) said,“Overlook the slips of respected people.” [Bukhari in al-Adab al-Mufrad; Abu Dawud; Nasa’i in al-Kubra; and others–rigorously authentic (sahih), from A’isha (God be pleased with her)]

Thunderian wants to know whether it's a sin or not. He is seeking. That makes him a respected person in my opinion.

are you feeling okay?

the dishonest sly methods they employ to discredit islam may not get noticed by you but they're fairly obvious. these guys are not respected people.

Aero

Superstar
Alcohol is bad news. Don't buy into the corporate brainwashing that wants you to consume every day. That's crazy to me, and sounds expensive for no good reason. Sure plenty of people drink, or smoke cigarettes all their lives and don't die horribly. But many people do, or just don't end up enjoying their elder years.

I consider my senses to be supernatural. And that might sound dumb, but I don't care. I mean I can tell quickly without a doubt that alcohol is just poison.

Thunderian

Superstar
The harm outweighs the benefits. The fact that you're defending something that was itself Created alludes to that. Why would you even defend something which cannot even subsist on its own?
As I said, fermentation is a natural process. You can get drunk from fruit that falls from trees and rots. Birds and animals do it all the time.

And I don't need to defend it, do I?

Psalms says, He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man

And studies prove that alcohol cuts risk of heart disease almost in half.

The Bible says that wine makes our hearts glad. Science confirms it.

Aero

Superstar
I like the quote about "Herb". And I believe what they say about the benefits of alcohol for the heart. I think some studies say that marijuana has a similar effect. And some say nicotine can have benefits against Alzheimer's.

My main problem is Idk what any of these corporations are really putting in it. We know they add stuff to make us addicted. Things that are definitely not natural like the fermentation process.

True World Order

Established
Are we comparing animals and human beings now?
Why not? We ain't nothing but mammals.

Ecclesiastes 3:18-21
I also said to myself, “As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”

Al-An'am 6 38
There is not an animal (that lives) on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end.

Why not? We ain't nothing but mammals.
True but animals don't have free will.

All they have are their instincts to survive and do the tasks they've been Created for.

We, human and jinn beings on the other hand, have a wide array of choices concerning how we wish to live our lives until we die.

Some among us may even choose to try having a go at immortality.

They have thoughts and feelings like humans do. Yeah they have strong instincts too, but that doesn't mean they don't make decisions either.
Correct but they don't sin and therefore won't be accountable before God Almighty for any of their decisions made.

In other words, they are innocent, pure, and blameless no matter what they do and/or decide.

Aero

Superstar
I don't care if you get drunk. I just feel like I have to warn you about the damage to your liver, and brain cells. When your body is fighting off the alcohol with antibodies, you are more vulnerable to other diseases. And that never goes away, every time you drink and withdrawal it will happen.

TMHservant

Rookie
a small amount of red wine may be beneficial for us to drink. That will fall into what known as istidraj. Small sins that we do all the time but we get no consequences from it thus we keep doing it.

Usually, when you do sinful things, Allah will give us warnings because of Allah love for us. However, once Allah doesn't give us any warning and let us do it all the time, it means that we have earned Allah's wrath.

we drink a small amount of wine every now and then, but human can never resist temptation, that's how we were since our creation. That tiny bit will become a bit and then soon enough to make us drunk. Better leave it out man.