Do the “elites” believe the Rapture is imminent?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Personally I think the common "vanish off to heaven" rapture notion is a bit silly. I mean, if a christian airline pilot or bus driver or train driver just vanishes, the planes and vehicles will be left to crash.
An interesting observation... I wonder how many of those are en-route at the moment?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
That is the pre trib interpretation. Some churches even have videos set up for the people that are left behind to help them a.) try to understand what’s happened and b.) to help them to know God and be saved.
There was a whole series written about it called left behind..
View attachment 33753
I had the whole set on audiobook! I think the problem with anything like this (and I wouldn’t take anything away from the authors) is that it unavoidably mixes conjecture with scripture. If it was written today, it might be far harder hitting, alarming, and not such a great jump from what many see on the horizon.

Lisa

Superstar
I had the whole set on audiobook! I think the problem with anything like this (and I wouldn’t take anything away from the authors) is that it unavoidably mixes conjecture with scripture. If it was written today, it might be far harder hitting, alarming, and not such a great jump from what many see on the horizon.
Lol...I read the whole series too. The last book was the worst..they couldn’t come up with what meeting Jesus would really be like...since it was mostly conjecture mixed with scripture like you say.

Too bad someone doesn’t write a series on what it could be like to make it through the great trib as a Christian...but that would just be completely hypthetical. However...how wonderful a sight would this be if you make it that far?
Luke‬ ‭21:25-28‬ ‭
There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.
‭‭

U huh... Billy Graham was sketchy.

I’ve been through tribulations... everyone goes through them.

The great trib is not God’s wrath. This is God’s wrath..
Revelation‬ ‭16:1‬ ‭
Then I heard a loud voice from the temple, saying to the seven angels, “Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of God.”​
‭‭
We will have to stay faithful through the great trib... if we aren’t killed or matyed before it... there is no flying away.. just faith.
You hinder the word of God with another Gospel....which is not the Gospel.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
God hasn’t told me anything...but I am calm.

Is that guy really your friend, Red?
I think the Christians I know are pretty calm whether they have heard anything specific from God or not. I haven’t heard anything specific other than a feeling that there might be some kind of connection from an old prophecy by Kaduri and the story of Baalam, from Numbers 22 -24:-

As to being friends with the guy in the video, he seems like my kind of guy, but I don’t know him. I think there will be many more Africans, Persians, Chinese and Latino people in heaven than we expect, but I might be a minority as a blonde haired white guy!

Lisa

Superstar
I think the Christians I know are pretty calm whether they have heard anything specific from God or not. I haven’t heard anything specific other than a feeling that there might be some kind of connection from an old prophecy by Kaduri and the story of Baalam, from Numbers 22 -24:-

As to being friends with the guy in the video, he seems like my kind of guy, but I don’t know him. I think there will be many more Africans, Persians, Chinese and Latino people in heaven than we expect, but I might be a minority as a blonde haired white guy!
What’s the connection between the two?

I think I misread what you wrote ...I thought you meant the guy in the video was your friend. I don’t have a problem with people of any color being followers..just if they are in the truth or not. I don’t think the guy in the video is someone I would follow just on what he says..not the color of his skin.

Aero

Superstar
This is the specific area of wisdom that Satan fails* in...

View attachment 33747

*not just a suspicion ;-)
Quoting Solomon again?

That is your interpretation though. Solomon wasn't making any direct references to Satan, or some invisible enemy. And sure he talks about light vs darkness but I think this is out of context. With that said, this quote comes to mind.

"Whoever stubbornly refuses to accept criticism will suddenly be broken beyond repair."

That's not a shot at you, but at Solomon. It's an ironic quote because he also believed anyone who said too much was a fool. Moreover, a fool who doesn't speak would be considered wise in the world of Solomon. And that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Quoting Solomon again?

That is your interpretation though. Solomon wasn't making any direct references to Satan, or some invisible enemy. And sure he talks about light vs darkness but I think this is out of context. With that said, this quote comes to mind.

"Whoever stubbornly refuses to accept criticism will suddenly be broken beyond repair."

That's not a shot at you, but at Solomon. It's an ironic quote because he also believed anyone who said too much was a fool. Moreover, a fool who doesn't speak would be considered wise in the world of Solomon. And that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.
Was Solomon always wise? Did he continue to live in the wisdom God had shown him? Good question @Aero

Lisa

Superstar
Start with Numbers 22:22 and the connection may occur* to you...

*How many times did Baalam’s donkey stall?
I’m not familiar with the Kaduri prophecy or what it has to do with Numbers..so idk if I could figure out your meaning without you telling me...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I’m not familiar with the Kaduri prophecy or what it has to do with Numbers..so idk if I could figure out your meaning without you telling me...

I think that (if there is substance to the peculiar musing) many who make the connection will do so retrospectively.

Aero

Superstar
Was Solomon always wise? Did he continue to live in the wisdom God had shown him? Good question @Aero
I think he always had the capacity to be wise. But he wasn't punished by God for talking too much foolishness. He was punished because women lead him to other gods.

You know I'm not the Bible expert. I tend to defer to Ancient Greek philosophers. Socrates believed his wisdom came from recollection. So if I could draw a parallel there, I would say the same about Solomon. They learned from their mistakes and tried to teach others in the best way they could.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think he always had the capacity to be wise. But he wasn't punished by God for talking too much foolishness. He was punished because women lead him to other gods.

You know I'm not the Bible expert. I tend to defer to Ancient Greek philosophers. Socrates believed his wisdom came from recollection. So if I could draw a parallel there, I would say the same about Solomon. They learned from their mistakes and tried to teach others in the best way they could.
Interesting comments @Aero but I was struck by the fact that rather then gain greater wisdom, Solomon started off well and then left the path. I’m sure Tolkien must have had him in mind in writing the character of Saruman, who went from “Saruman the White” and became “Saruman of Many Colours”!

There are no imminent "end of the world" things going on.
What IS really going on however, is NINE-ELEVEN 2.0
The world will not be returning to how it was last month after this event dies out, that's just an unfortunate fact. This effects every level of our culture and economy.
Luckily though (luckily in a very miserable sense) it will cause people to wake up who wouldn't wake up from 911.
I tend to think a lot of conspiracies after this will also be a little less culturally taboo, a larger portion of the population of the planet will open up to the fact that they're obviously lied to about stuff.

For us religious people, social organisation clearly changes here. For Christians you now have to live stream your church services, for Muslims we have to do Friday prayers at home and stick to online khutbas. For Jews similar. For any religious group that has a place of meeting or worship, it is directly standing in the way of being an influencer on the spread of the virus just by the statistical probability that someone attending might have it.

Yes these are crazy times, God save us all.

Last edited:
I think you guys are kinda way off with thinking this is the time, this is the beginning of the end, not the end, I think we are looking at least another 10-20 years. The rapture isn't imminent, if you suspect this is the time, it is to come like a theif in the night so I don't think its no if there even is a pre-trib rapture.

Too bad someone doesn’t write a series on what it could be like to make it through the great trib as a Christian...but that would just be completely hypthetical. However...how wonderful a sight would this be if you make it that far?
If you are a born again believer, it will not be up to you if you make it....But you seem to think you can work your way into God's grace...And that is not true. It is not by luck or works of the flesh, but by the blood and resurrection of Christ by faith....there is no other gospel to replace it.

If you are a born again believer, it will not be up to you if you make it....But you seem to think you can work your way into God's grace...And that is not true. It is not by luck or works of the flesh, but by the blood and resurrection of Christ by faith....there is no other gospel to replace it.
That is not quite accurate.

The following quotes are why I call what God did murder, if he actually needed a blood sacrifice. As you can see, a sacrifice was not required.

First, the law Yahweh/Jesus would break

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Samuel 15;22 Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

As you can see, especially those last two quotes, all are saved without a sacrifice.

Psa 49 7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Repeat after me.

Satan would accept a blood sacrifice/ransom. God would not.

Thanks for repeating it to all the Christians who believe otherwise that you are unfortunate enough to bump into.

Regards
DL

Last edited: