Do the “elites” believe the Rapture is imminent?

Sya

Rookie
Do
With the whole world apparently on lock down, with various degrees of soft or hard martial law and with public gatherings restricted, I had been wondering if this present crisis might not have been orchestrated to minimize the impact of another global “Black Swan” event the elites may well have been planning for...

The prophesied Rapture of the Church.

I absolutely know how crazy that statement sounds, but as is evident to anyone turning on the television, we live in crazy times. If I were Satan, at the end of the 70 year generation that was promised "not to pass away", I might have done the same thing.

This post may not win me any friends, but having thought about this possibility myself, and then hearing the same thing yesterday from someone else, it is only right that I share it...

[/QUOTE

Do they believe in Soviet propaganda? I think not

Lisa

Superstar
Hi Red, If they do not believe the doctrines of Christ and teach otherwise, they are not your friends...nor are they friends of Christ. There is going to be a rapture, Christ is our ARK. We are not condemned to the wrath of God, for God did not create HIS BODY to suffer wrath. We are IN Christ. Christ said His Church would be spared from the Tribulation in the last days. Christ sent the Holy Spirit that we would have a comforter who shall never leave us and reveal us the things of Christ. Born again has become a slang phrase for the visible church who many have never received the Holy Spirit. If you are like me, It always grieves me and astonishes me that people do not believe what the Lord has given us to teach....To everyone, There is a Hell. God did not make hell for man but for the Devil and the fallen angels, God gave man Jesus Christ, But all sin is to be judged (Lazarus and the Rich man) I was listening to Billy Gram today on one of his old sermons. He said an Atheist said to him if there is a God, I'm going to ask Him to kill me in one minute. So he looked at his watch, and after a minute he said, see I'm still alive. Billy Gram told him that Gods patience is much, much longer than a minute. So I say to those unbelievers and self willed, self righteous, take a hold of Christ and be shut in the Ark....The flood IS coming. Praise His Holy name. BTW, The elites are to busy lusting after the world to worry about the Truth, They drop Gods name like they know Him...…they don't!
God said we wouldn’t suffer his wrath but Jesus said that we will have tribulations didn’t He?

Man will be in hell too aka as the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I’m sorry but his name is Billy Graham and he’s not anyone I would follow.

Dalit

Star
With the whole world apparently on lock down, with various degrees of soft or hard martial law and with public gatherings restricted, I had been wondering if this present crisis might not have been orchestrated to minimize the impact of another global “Black Swan” event the elites may well have been planning for...

The prophesied Rapture of the Church.

I absolutely know how crazy that statement sounds, but as is evident to anyone turning on the television, we live in crazy times. If I were Satan, at the end of the 70 year generation that was promised "not to pass away", I might have done the same thing.

This post may not win me any friends, but having thought about this possibility myself, and then hearing the same thing yesterday from someone else, it is only right that I share it...

Thank you for sharing. I'm really pondering this and taking it seriously. I feel a bit strangely encouraged that this quarantine season may be good? If I believe God is good, and I do, I gotta trust in the midst of some really bizarro stuff like everything that's happening now.

I’m sorry but his name is Billy Graham and he’s not anyone I would follow.
He would not want or expect you to follow him, It is Jesus he wants you to follow. And yes, the born again believer does face tribulation, The world hates the born again believer, just as it hated Christ, The world does not hate you...what tribulation have you gone through? But we (His Body) will not go through the Great Tribulation after the rapture, because the Great Tribulation is God's wrath upon an unbelieving world, and His Church (called out ones) are not appointed to wrath....Pray to God that He will open your heart. I have gone through tribulation because of my faith in Christ. But the comforter brought me through it. I'm not part of this world...and I do not feel at home here. Bless The Lord O MY Soul, And All That is With in me,Bless His Holy Name.

Lisa

Superstar
He would not want or expect you to follow him, It is Jesus he wants you to follow. And yes, the born again believer does face tribulation, The world hates the born again believer, just as it hated Christ, The world does not hate you...what tribulation have you gone through? But we (His Body) will not go through the Great Tribulation after the rapture, because the Great Tribulation is God's wrath upon an unbelieving world, and His Church (called out ones) are not appointed to wrath....Pray to God that He will open your heart. I have gone through tribulation because of my faith in Christ. But the comforter brought me through it. I'm not part of this world...and I do not feel at home here. Bless The Lord O MY Soul, And All That is With in me,Bless His Holy Name.
U huh... Billy Graham was sketchy.

I’ve been through tribulations... everyone goes through them.

The great trib is not God’s wrath. This is God’s wrath..
Revelation‬ ‭16:1‬ ‭
Then I heard a loud voice from the temple, saying to the seven angels, “Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of God.”​
‭‭
We will have to stay faithful through the great trib... if we aren’t killed or matyed before it... there is no flying away.. just faith.

Maes17

Superstar
Satan can read the signs better than any of us can, and unlike us, he knows how to divide scripture perfectly, and what the correct doctrine is.

If we see signs that HE is getting ready, we need to look sharp. :)
Yeah, my faith is in God only.
Scriptures and prophecies have passed and rehashed through generations of civilization. It’s really hard to take anything the vatican or big time millionaire christians say as the true word. I’ll put my faith in the big G upstairs and try to help out my fellow people. I can’t impact a society, but if I can help just one person from breaking down then I’ve tried.

Maes17

Superstar
Hmmm.....this is a weird but fascinating view. Do you think they are in 'personal contact' with "Satan"? in that you think they have a list of things "Satan" has told them to do?
I don’t think all are in contact but I do think the system is set up in an almost invisible yet in our face ritualistic way.

God sometimes test our faith. Maybe this whole pandemic and altered way of living is way of learning to be a good neighbor and helping those in need. Just as God would want. To be a good citizen help those who need it.

I know if this lock down becomes more severe. I’ll try my best to be a good neighbor to all.

Perhaps this whole government mandated way of living right now is to try to break down and persuade the followers of God to loot, and be greedy.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Sometimes dreams can be remarkably flakey! I have had my share of random ones self, but just sometimes there are dreams that “mean” something.

Who knows?!

Aero

Superstar
I doubt it because I think the elite would be terrified of the Rapture. But what does the "elite" even mean? I hope we aren't talking about celebs, celebs can't even handle Coachella being canceled.

Imagine two chess players - the elites are the pawns of the enemy and he is trying to anticipate every move of his opponent.

A good player attempts to identify an end game and plays his pieces accordingly. Sometimes an opponent can show his hand too early, and for the sake of those undecided, I hope our enemy has.
I think you may need some help with this one Red. First of all the elite can't be the pawns. The elite would be the back row pieces. Your Knights, Bishops, Rooks, King and Queen. Also, a player may try to anticipate his opponent's opening, but not every move. That is doing way too much work that one doesn't have to do.

Good chess players identify the best move possible at each turn. Basically, they take what their opponent gives them, and counters what is actually on the board. Not what might be on the board in the future, what's on the board currently. Chess is a game of positioning and numbers.

The one thing holding people back at being good at chess not a lack of foresight. It's a lack of patience. You have to read the board, and then read it again, and again for anything you might have missed.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I doubt it because I think the elite would be terrified of the Rapture. But what does the "elite" even mean? I hope we aren't talking about celebs, celebs can't even handle Coachella being canceled.

I think you may need some help with this one Red. First of all the elite can't be the pawns. The elite would be the back row pieces. Your Knights, Bishops, Rooks, King and Queen. Also, a player may try to anticipate his opponent's opening, but not every move. That is doing way too much work that one doesn't have to do.

Good chess players identify the best move possible at each turn. Basically, they take what their opponent gives them, and counters what is actually on the board. Not what might be on the board in the future, what's on the board currently. Chess is a game of positioning and numbers.

The one thing holding people back at being good at chess not a lack of foresight. It's a lack of patience. You have to read the board, and then read it again, and again for anything you might have missed.
I suspect that those at the “top” overestimate their significance to the spiritual powers they have pledged their allegiance to. To Satan / Lucifer all his temporary servants are just cannon fodder. If that offends anyone, I’m not trying to be a “fundy”, but I have to tell it as I see it.

Aero

Superstar
I suspect that those at the “top” overestimate their significance to the spiritual powers they have pledged their allegiance to. To Satan / Lucifer all his temporary servants are just cannon fodder. If that offends anyone, I’m not trying to be a “fundy”, but I have to tell it as I see it.
Suspicion is another word for guessing. It's the literal opposite of knowledge.

It doesn't offend me, do all the guesswork you want, but don't call Satan unwise and then proceed to put up some bricks of your own. And hopefully, you aren't offended by my comments. It's just a personal preference of mine like I've just gotten tired of speculation.

The Bible says very little about Satan. But modern-day Christians sure talk about him a lot. Now I'm getting suspicious ;)

Lisa

Superstar
Er...can you explain exactly what the "Rapture of the Church" is, and where is it prophesied in the Bible?
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭4:13-17‬ ‭
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.​

The debate is over when this will happen. Some people believe that God won’t make us Christians go through the great tribulation and that God will get us out of here in the rapture before that and some people who are left behind will believe in Jesus and they are the ones that will be martyred for the faith and go through the rapture. I think it’s pie in the sky thinking but whatever...

Then there are people who think there is a mid trib rapture and an end trib rapture. I happen to be pre wrath and think we will go through the great tribulation but will be raptured before God’s wrath since we are told we aren’t destined for wrath.

‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:9‬ ‭
For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,​

However I’m also mindful that Jesus only returns once...so it could be that we are raptured at the very end. I think the one’s who are waiting to escape are deceived and will be leaving the faith in droves when they realize that God has indeed left them here to experience and be witnesses on His behalf in the great trib.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Suspicion is another word for guessing. It's the literal opposite of knowledge.

It doesn't offend me, do all the guesswork you want, but don't call Satan unwise and then proceed to put up some bricks of your own. And hopefully, you aren't offended by my comments. It's just a personal preference of mine like I've just gotten tired of speculation.

The Bible says very little about Satan. But modern-day Christians sure talk about him a lot. Now I'm getting suspicious ;)
This is the specific area of wisdom that Satan fails* in...

7DE9D66D-324A-4211-9B4F-09EBECE6A16A.jpeg

*not just a suspicion ;-)

Tidal

Star
Thanks for the replies everybody but it seems there are different interpretations of what exactly the 'Rapture' is, so I'm none the wiser.
For example one popular interpretation that i heard somewhere claims that all Christians will vanish into thin air off to heaven, leaving the left-behinds looking round in bewilderment asking "Where'd they go? Where'd they go?"
Is that the generally accepted interpretation of most Rapturists?

Lisa

Superstar
Thanks for the replies everybody but it seems there are different interpretations of what exactly the 'Rapture' is, so I'm none the wiser.
For example one popular interpretation that i heard somewhere claims that all Christians will vanish into thin air off to heaven, leaving the left-behinds looking round in bewilderment asking "Where'd they go? Where'd they go?"
That is the pre trib interpretation. Some churches even have videos set up for the people that are left behind to help them a.) try to understand what’s happened and b.) to help them to know God and be saved.
There was a whole series written about it called left behind..
1584631492375.jpeg

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It hasn’t happened yet so it would be mainly guesswork @Tidal ;-)

Perhaps the scriptural lyrics in this song give a glimpse of understanding?

Tidal

Star
Personally I think the common "vanish off to heaven" rapture notion is a bit silly. I mean, if a christian airline pilot or bus driver or train driver just vanishes, the planes and vehicles will be left to crash.
Jesus said he'll be back with an army of angels to collect all christians, he made no mention of them vanishing.