Difference Between Roman Catholic Church And Christianity

JoChris

Superstar
True.
And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.
There you go - one thing that bible-believing Christians and Muslims agree upon. The mother of Jesus should be honoured, but God alone deserves worship.
However Jesus is God made flesh, who dwelt among us. He is fully God and fully man (doctrine of hypostatic union). https://www.gotquestions.org/hypostatic-union.html

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I have never been a Catholic so I gradually understood the teachings of the Catholic church from the outside...

It is not the 'core' things they believe that cause this issue, it is the extra ones which reinterpret the core faith and keep people away from a personal relationship with Jesus, burdened down with guilt at their own sinful struggle, and so confused by what should be the plain message of the Bible that they just listen to the Homily given by the priest instead...

From the top down the Catholic church has been steered through the centuries by the pronouncements of various Popes whose words are taken to be authoritative and unchangeable.

For anyone who has never looked into the battle it took to get the Bible into the hands if ordinary people, I recommend a film I watched a few years ago...

Even if you are not a friend to Christianity, you need to understand the differences....

JoChris

Superstar
I have never been a Catholic so I gradually understood the teachings of the Catholic church from the outside...

It is not the 'core' things they believe that cause this issue, it is the extra ones which reinterpret the core faith and keep people away from a personal relationship with Jesus, burdened down with guilt at their own sinful struggle, and so confused by what should be the plain message of the Bible that they just listen to the Homily given by the priest instead...

From the top down the Catholic church has been steered through the centuries by the pronouncements of various Popes whose words are taken to be authoritative and unchangeable.

For anyone who has never looked into the battle it took to get the Bible into the hands if ordinary people, I recommend a film I watched a few years ago...

Even if you are not a friend to Christianity, you need to understand the differences....
I have also read some old puritan books and history books that modern Christian publishers would not allow these days.

In this book there is a huge introduction - Catholic church history and why Luther left it - before Luther's commentary on the Book of Galatians. https://ia601406.us.archive.org/4/items/commentaryonsain00luth/commentaryonsain00luth_bw.pdf

The first pages of the introduction it explains how morally corrupt the Catholic church had become. From the very top rank of Pope down to the lowly nuns there was immorality in all aspects of life. It goes into deep detail about false teachings, Mary and saints idolatry, terrible conduct, corruption, even graphic details of torture much later on.

Last edited:

floss

Star
The Jesuit/Vatican is supposedly have a hand in the creation of Islam/Muhammad based on the testimony of Alberto Rivera (ex-Jesuit Priest). Catholics are anti-Christian for the most part, they even took out the graven image commandment so they can worship Mary.
https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatican/esp_vatican33.htm

It only make sense why Catholics and Islam has so much in common. For example:

1. Revered the blessed Virgin Mary
- Mary is the true Sayyida (Lady) to the Muslims (mentioned 34 time in Quran)
- The Pope is the substitute of Christ, Muhammad is the successor of Christ.
2. Catholics mandatory fasting during Easter, Muslims during Ramadan
3. Revered the crescent moon

4. Uses of beads to mark the repetition of prayers
https://www.amazon.com/Muslim-Prayer-663-N-Tasbih-Zaitun/dp/B00QP6SUW8

5. Burning of incenses

Todd

Star
Should the mother of God be honored?
For someone who claims to know the Bible, you sure ask a lot of questions that can be easily answered with the Bible.
The archangel Gabriel honored Mary. And Archangel is simply a messenger, so when he honored Mary it was no different than God himself honoring her. Jesus followed all the commandments, including the commandment to "honor your Father and Mother". The ultimate example is that in very hour that he bore the sins of the world on the cross he instructed one of his disciples to take care of Mary and treat her as his own Mother. So Jesus honored Mary. If God and Jesus both honored Mary, then I think it's pretty simple to answer the question, should the mother of God be honored?

JoChris

Superstar
For someone who claims to know the Bible, you sure ask a lot of questions that can be easily answered with the Bible.
The archangel Gabriel honored Mary. And Archangel is simply a messenger, so when he honored Mary it was no different than God himself honoring her. Jesus followed all the commandments, including the commandment to "honor your Father and Mother". The ultimate example is that in very hour that he bore the sins of the world on the cross he instructed one of his disciples to take care of Mary and treat her as his own Mother. So Jesus honored Mary. If God and Jesus both honored Mary, then I think it's pretty simple to answer the question, should the mother of God be honored?
That last sentence - Mary was the mother of (the person) JESUS, not the mother of (the eternal being) GOD. She is not an eternal being. She was a mere person.

That phrase has led to *in practice* Mary being treated as the fourth person of the (one god, 3 persons Trinity) by the RCC.

Todd

Star
That last sentence - Mary was the mother of (the person) JESUS, not the mother of (the eternal being) GOD. She is not an eternal being. She was a mere person.

That phrase has led to *in practice* Mary being treated as the fourth person of the (one god, 3 persons Trinity) by the RCC.
Yes I agree....I only used that phrase as that is how Lisa asked the question. In her mind Jesus is God, so that would make Mary the "mother of God". Jesus is a man...a very special and perfect man. He is the perfect representation of God in a man, sonething we all should have the desire to attain.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Is there any evidence of her ascencion? If she is an eternal being now, she should have been so before carrying Christ. Only God is immortal (1 Tim 6:13,16). Even though at the end of the age death will be destroyed, immortality remains a prerogative of God and not any creation.

Lisa

Superstar
Well, its different when God honors someone, doesn't mean that we ought to too, because then you start getting into idol worship after awhile, and no human is worth that.

She's not my mother and Jesus took care that His mom was taken care of...but notice He gave her care to one person and not the whole world.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I don't get the "pull a Lisa" reference. Don't bother explaining, I am sure it is not coming from a good place.
Then why would you ask me about it? We all know Lisa isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but please don't you yourself now fall into that drawer.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Then why would you ask me about it? We all know Lisa isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but please don't you yourself now fall into that drawer.
Proverbs 9:10

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Compared to Lisa there are plenty of spoons and rolling pins on this forum lol

Todd

Star
Well, its different when God honors someone, doesn't mean that we ought to too, because then you start getting into idol worship after awhile, and no human is worth that.

She's not my mother and Jesus took care that His mom was taken care of...but notice He gave her care to one person and not the whole world.
Honor is not the same thing as worship. You don't worhip your parents when you honor them. I agree that the worship of Mary as co-redemptrix is idol worship, so we are on the same page when it comes to that.