Debatable Questions About God, Satan, Etc

Yahda

Veteran
How do you feel or does it make any sense to you, to pray to an unloving, merciless OT God? By those character traits, its obvious He wouldn't give ear to your pleas.
Are these OT verses about a rainbows-unicorns and confetti God?

The Lord appeared to us in the past saying: I have loved you with an everlasting love, I have drawn you with loving kindness Jeremiah 31:3

the Lord is compassionate and
gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbour his anger for
ever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.
Psalm 103:8-14

‘How can I give you up, Ephraim? How can I hand you over, Israel?
How can I treat you like Admah? How can I make you like Zeboiim? My heart is changed within me; all my compassion is aroused. I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I devastate Ephraim. For I am God, and not a man –
the Holy One among you. I will not come in wrath
Hosea 11:8-9

Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry for ever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot
and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
Micah 7:18-19

The verses are way too many....

Yes He is all those loving kind things. The point I was trying to make is that religion gives you the impression that He only possesses what we consider positive characteristics. When that's not the case by far.

There are many verses that prove this as well. Too many to post. We could start with the curses, vengeance, death, destruction, war,.....

This is one of the many reasons some don't like what they call the God of the OT. You can research this. It's no secret, well I guess it is when most don't read the Bible let alone the OT, or when they have been taught from a religious perspective.

I think it's important that we come to know the other side of God. I always say, most will be in for a rude awakening.

This is a loving, caring, merciful, wrathful, vengeful, God.

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
Think about it, we've gone from the RAPID rise of homosexuality...right to the RAPID rise of confused gender identity within the last century and moreso the last 30 years.
We're def a collective civilisation knee deep in rajas and tamas.
There aren't more homosexuals now though. And most people (the vast majority) are fine with their gender identity. There's just less people hiding it and it's a big topic in the media these days.

Valerian

Rookie
Guys please don't sit here and copy/paste 100 bible passages.

I've seen a lot more than 99% of the people on this forum, with all due respect, I don't need any adjusted and altered bible passages lol.

There's like 20 bible passages on this thread and not 1 answered my questions.