Coronavirus

justjess

Superstar
Bars and parks are closed. Private business has been dictated for operational hours. For all intents and purposes it is martial law.
The martial law or not issue aside..

I am deeply concerned that children in abusive homes are not going to be checked in on to make sure they are okay for the foreseeable future. Special response units only respond to new allegations.. it’s skeleton crew. They have no capability to keep up with regular supervision requirements.

I guess they finally found the apocalypse clause in that contract I signed my life away on..

free2018

Star
The martial law or not issue aside..

I am deeply concerned that children in abusive homes are not going to be checked in on to make sure they are okay for the foreseeable future. Special response units only respond to new allegations.. it’s skeleton crew. They have no capability to keep up with regular supervision requirements.

I guess they finally found the apocalypse clause in that contract I signed my life away on..
Terrible.

Thunderian

Superstar
What do the Americans here think of The Families First Coronavirus Response Act? It looks pretty comprehensive to me.

MD resident right outside of DC...rumors of national guard arriving within 24hrs

Hate the fear but definitely am preparing for the worst.
Making one last store run before the sun rises

Haich

Superstar

So schools aren't really closed...all teachers have to come in for full days and babysit the children of 'key workers' which are a list of important workers (think hospitals, emergency services and supermarkets...)

I don't work in a primary or secondary school so this doesn't apply to me but I do find this difficult to accept as those teachers wont have an Easter break too...so by May, they will have been working flat out since February with no holiday/breaks...

Tidal

Star
Hope you enjoy life after Brexit.

Of course I will, for a start Boris is tightening up the immigration rules to only allow skilled people into Britain who'll make a useful contribution to our country, not like the useless scroungers who were flooding in before.. :D

Vixy

Star

Insider worker for the military says Martial law hits within 48 hours. And that they wont protect us but the stores from being looted.

Awoken2

Superstar
I just can't believe how serious the situation is here now......even the BTS thread has now slowed down....wtf!?!?

.....(runs out of house screaming with arms in the air to local supermarket to panic buy what every other soft bastard is panic buying)

Tidal

Star
Well I'm prepared for the Apocalypse, I just bought this bunch of food and drink from 3 separate stores (top pic), i loaded it all into my big rucksack and two hand-held bags, then staggered home under the weight as if i was on an SAS selection course.The only thing they'd run out of was bread.A security guard at one place was giving me funny looks but who cares haha.
Later today I plan to foray out to several more stores to load up again, concentrating on tinned goods and looking for that elusive bread..

The bottom pic shows 3 items, from left to right- a wind-up torch, a wind-up radio and a rechargeable mini-TV, I've had them for years for a time such as this. "Wind up" of course means you don't need batteries.. :cool:

Awoken2

Superstar
Well I'm prepared for the Apocalypse, I just bought this bunch of food and drink from 3 separate stores (top pic), i loaded it all into my big rucksack and two hand-held bags, then staggered home under the weight as if i was on an SAS selection course.The only thing they'd run out of was bread.A security guard at one place was giving me funny looks but who cares haha.
Later today I plan to foray out to several more stores to load up again, concentrating on tinned goods and looking for that elusive bread..

The bottom pic shows 3 items, from left to right- a wind-up torch, a wind-up radio and a rechargeable mini-TV, I've had them for years for a time such as this. "Wind up" of course means you don't need batteries.. :cool:

Ahhh you're a Sun reader, that will explain everything, thanks.

Tidal

Star
Ahhh you're a Sun reader, that will explain everything, thanks.
I also read the Daily Express and the Mirror etc because we holy men like to get a good balanced view of what's going on on this planet.. :D
How about it JC?

"What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!" (Mark ch 13)

Last edited:

Vixy

Star

OMG!! You got just ONE roll of TP..you're gonna diiiiiiiiie!