Coronavirus Café

Dalit

Star
Filipino-style BBQ pork skewers

View attachment 34718
I'm still jealous you can get pictures on here. :p

I took my mealplan meal and changed things around a bit. It was to be 3 oz ground beef, 5 oz brussel sprouts, 2 oz mushrooms. I have these organic frozen mushrooms that I've been using, but they're a bit weird. They just look all janky and taste a bit off. So I omitted the mushrooms, added 2 slices of reduced sodium bacon (crumbled in), added vidalia onions, added 1 oz sweet potatoes b/c they will go bad if I don't use them soon, and added the rest of an orange bell pepper. It was great.

Maes17

Superstar
I'm still jealous you can get pictures on here. :p

I took my mealplan meal and changed things around a bit. It was to be 3 oz ground beef, 5 oz brussel sprouts, 2 oz mushrooms. I have these organic frozen mushrooms that I've been using, but they're a bit weird. They just look all janky and taste a bit off. So I omitted the mushrooms, added 2 slices of reduced sodium bacon (crumbled in), added vidalia onions, added 1 oz sweet potatoes b/c they will go bad if I don't use them soon, and added the rest of an orange bell pepper. It was great.
Crop your picture down a few sizes.
That’s what I have to do.

Thunderian

Superstar
Yeah. My brothers love that stuff.
I’m more of a tabasco guy. Idk. The vinegar taste pairs good with most of my dinner dishes.

I like valentina or cholula on avocado and turkey sandwiches
Yeah, I’m into the non-vinegary, although I still like a shot of Frank’s on my pizza.

Maes17

Superstar
Yeah, I’m into the non-vinegary, although I still like a shot of Frank’s on my pizza.
I lived in the south for a few years. My wife’s aunt who is from Georgia swore by tabasco. Although she did use an abundance of spices and used to make some bomb Nashville chicken.

Georgia food is kinda bland and typical southern fried. It’s not like Louisiana that specializes in Cajun, Texas or even Memphis that has BBQ. New Mexico which has the tastiest cultural food imo.

So when I lived in Georgia. Tabasco was king lol.

Frank’s is good on bar food. It’s been awhile since I had it. Valentina on kettle chips. Give it a try.

Thunderian

Superstar
I lived in the south for a few years. My wife’s aunt who is from Georgia swore by tabasco. Although she did use an abundance of spices and used to make some bomb Nashville chicken.

Georgia food is kinda bland and typical southern fried. It’s not like Louisiana that specializes in Cajun, Texas or even Memphis that has BBQ. New Mexico which has the tastiest cultural food imo.

So when I lived in Georgia. Tabasco was king lol.

Frank’s is good on bar food. It’s been awhile since I had it. Valentina on kettle chips. Give it a try.
I think that when a lot of people think of hot sauce, they think of Tabasco. My parents treated spicy food as something to be avoided at all costs, and I didn’t know there was such a thing as other hot sauces until I started working in professional kitchens. For years I thought that hot sauce was Tabasco and I was raised to not like Tabasco.

Of course, that’s all changed now, and we put some kind of hot sauce into or onto a lot of what we eat. My wife is Asian and likes the spice, and that’s the way we’re raising our kids. :p

But I don’t think we have Tabasco in our hot sauce collection, and now I’m going to have to pick some up.

JoChris

Superstar
Steak on the BBQ, scalloped potatoes cooked on BBQ and various salads tonight.
We like steak quite well done, so my husband adds a little beer while frying to stop the meat drying out.

Thunderian

Superstar
We got pizza. Lest anyone think that we eat out all the time, we got sushi last night because our son had a sleepover at his aunt’s, and we took the opportunity. We used to get sushi all the time, but the first time we took the boy, he pronounced it “the silly restaurant” and told us we’re not allowed to go there again. So we go when he’s not around to complain.

Maes17

Superstar
Ordered mcdonalds.
I can do a #4large which is a crispy buttermilk - large fry, large powerade and two double cheeseburgers(no onions). Does not weigh me down one bit. Idk what it is with mcdonalds but my body does not have a bad reaction blood pressure, energy and mood wise.

Thunderian

Superstar
I grilled chicken breasts and made sandwiches with bacon, cheddar, avocado and tomato on Portuguese buns. Tasty.

I’m making a turkey dinner tomorrow so expect pics. :p

Maes17

Superstar
I grilled chicken breasts and made sandwiches with bacon, cheddar, avocado and tomato on Portuguese buns. Tasty.

I’m making a turkey dinner tomorrow so expect pics. :p
Idk what to make tomorrow lol.
Gonna be a quiet easter sunday here.

The wife is the cook so I usually try to help her.

If not. I resort to microwavable corndogs or something a little easier to make like tilapia or a burger

Thunderian

Superstar
Idk what to make tomorrow lol.
Gonna be a quiet easter sunday here.

The wife is the cook so I usually try to help her.

If not. I resort to microwavable corndogs or something a little easier to make like tilapia or a burger
I kind of thought you’d be deep-frying a turkey or something. :p

Thunderian

Superstar
Here’s our turkey. Seventeen pounds of Costco’s finest. I’m trying out a dry brine method. Sugar, salt, and powdered sage rubbed all over.

F3A14227-1024-4D68-9626-E37CE74C74BE.jpeg