Coronavirus Café

Lurker

Star
Did you live in Australia?
No. We had Woolworth's here about 35-40 yrs ago. Maybe totally unrelated to your Woolworth's.
leftovers tonight. I made a slower cooker pork and vegetables curry + mexican rice several days ago.
It is sort of a modified curry dish because my husband doesn't like hot curries.

These details are provided for sake of parents especially who are sick of usual dinners but want to make their children try different flavours. I have used asian noodles in past too. This recipe was modified from usual stir fry method because I love my slow cooker.

I use approx 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 1 chopped onion to slow cooker pot. I let the onion get hot and softened (approx half an hour).
Then I add 500 g chopped pork (uncooked for slow cooker), half can coconut cream, mild curry paste (to taste), ginger paste, a moroccan spice paste to pot and let it cook on slow setting for 4-5 hours. Then I add half a bag of frozen mixed Chinese vegetables to slow cooker pot and let the mixture cook for another 2 hours.
mexican rice is 1 and 1/2 cups boiled jasmine rice, chopped fried onion and garlic, curry powder, soy sauce and beaten egg all fried together at last stage. I have added shallots and frozen peas sometimes when cooking onion sometimes in past.
My recipe makes 4-5 serves (very large 4, 5 average). So I had 3 left overs in total
Sounds good.
At end I added chilli paste to my own curry serving because I thought it was a bit bland.
Hell yeah.

Dalit

Star
Okay, again, no photo.

Pork tenderloin marinated in some dijon mustard and a little apple cider vinegar stir fried with vidalia onions, brussel sprouts and 2 pieces of low sodium bacon crumbled in the mix. So good!

fire009_Flyer

Established
I also don't have a photo but I made spaghetti with marinara sauce and salad with rice and raw veggies for my family the other day. Sadly, assignments take up most of my time and energy so I haven't been able to cook much lately.

Thunderian

Superstar
It's funny. I do a bit of delivery and the Chinese place I deliver from sells more teas than anything else.
Do you mean tea, or “tea”?

We used to go to Chinese restaurants for “tea” after the clubs closed. They had Budweiser tea, and Labatt’s tea. :)

justjess

Superstar
It's funny. I do a bit of delivery and the Chinese place I deliver from sells more teas than anything else.
Is the Chinese food good though? Outside of certain urban coastal areas most Chinese food is crap. I got lucky we found this place.. Chinese family from Chinatown in nyc. The rest of the Chinese places in this area are complete garbage.

free2018

Star
Is the Chinese food good though? Outside of certain urban coastal areas most Chinese food is crap. I got lucky we found this place.. Chinese family from Chinatown in nyc. The rest of the Chinese places in this area are complete garbage.
I don't know. I usually avoid all variants of Asian food.
Often times, the Chinese food in Florida is trash for example.

Thunderian

Superstar
I didn’t know how good Asian food in general could be until I landed in the big city. Some cuisines don’t seem to travel well into less populated areas. But the best sushi and sashimi I’ve had in my life was at a tiny place in a highway town, two hours from any building taller than two stories. Not something that’s usually easy to find out in the sticks, though.

justjess

Superstar
I don't know. I usually avoid all variants of Asian food.
Often times, the Chinese food in Florida is trash for example.
The Chinese food in Florida is definitely trash. That’s a fact.
I didn’t know how good Asian food in general could be until I landed in the big city. Some cuisines don’t seem to travel well into less populated areas. But the best sushi and sashimi I’ve had in my life was at a tiny place in a highway town, two hours from any building taller than two stories. Not something that’s usually easy to find out in the sticks, though.
That was an incredibly lucky find! When we first moved to Pennsylvania we tried literally every place.. all garbage. When we would go visit nyc the first thing we would do is stop and get Chinese (I love dumplings). It was very random that when we moved farther up the mountain we ended up having a good Chinese place - still not nyc quality, but enjoyable. Dumplings suck though :confused: