Churchianity Versus Christianity

Todd

Star
Nothing.....
Churchianity and Christianity are the same thing. Both Christianity and Churchianity are man made religions.
Jesus and the twelve disciples never talked about "Christianity". Jesus and the twelve observed a fulfillment of the Covenant of the Hebrews and worshiped the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Both Churchianity and Christianity consider the the Covenant of the Old Testament obsolete.

There is a big difference between fulfillment and obsoletion.

Etagloc

Superstar
Nothing.....
Churchianity and Christianity are the same thing. Both Christianity and Churchianity are man made religions.
Jesus and the twelve disciples never talked about "Christianity". Jesus and the twelve observed a fulfillment of the Covenant of the Hebrews and worshiped the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Both Churchianity and Christianity consider the the Covenant of the Old Testament obsolete.

Wait.... what????????? *brain, mind melts*

*reality is revealed to be vibrations within frequencies within space within time within the cosmos within the mind of God*
*entire room melts*
*spirit ascends, accompanied by loud metaphorical explosions*
*reality cracks and vibrates*
*brain explodes*

JoChris

Superstar
Churchianity - person's faith is in the church itself, its teachings, its values and practices.
Christianity - person's faith in Jesus Christ, teachings of the bible.

A bit oversimplified there so will expand further by giving an example. Roman Catholic Church is a too obvious one.

Hillsong. Australia's now infamous "church", well known for its music and lesser extent its positive messages, aimed at younger people and people who FEEL a need for God in their lives. FEELINGS are all-important in Hillsong and Seeker-Sensitive i.e. similar styled churches, giving attention to people in audience who may not believe in Christianity YET, not traditional style churches, where sermons are given to Christians who **already** believe in Jesus.

On closer examination its messages focus on what Hillsong does and how much IT has changed the world, what influence IT has and how IT has changed people's lives. Not a person's faith in Jesus Christ, faith in Hillsong. It is quite subtle and that is what makes it dangerous.

The fruit of that belief in Hillsong is actually most obvious online. Hillsongees cannot defend the Christian faith but can repeat Hillsong's teachings on tithing, loving people, acceptance of anyone who likes Hillsong. Hillsongees are devoted to defending Hillsong. They are more accepting of other faiths, alternative lifestyles e.g. homosexuality than bible-believing Christians.

The last group is actually one that Hillsong preachers single out to preach AGAINST in their speeches. "They're just jealous (they don't have OUR church size) they're not loving, they have a critical spirit, they care more about the Letter than the Life (critics keep rules, Hillsong follows the leadings of the "Spirit").

That is very revealing. Christians who seek to encourage others to grow in biblical knowledge and holiness - sometimes that means telling straying sheep (i.e. Christians who are believing errors or starting to do things that the bible says are wrong) to get back on the narrow path - are merely following the bible. Hillsong despises Christians who do that.

Analysis from a well-respected church's ministry https://www.gty.org/library/blog/B161128.
Compare to Hillsongees' letter to Hillsong. http://hillsong.com/collected/blog/2014/02/an-open-letter-to-pastor-brian-houston/#.WPfj1v-ubxA

Last edited:

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
Churchianity - person's faith is in the church itself, its teachings, its values and practices.
Christianity - person's faith in Jesus Christ, teachings of the bible.

A bit oversimplified there so will expand further by giving an example. Roman Catholic Church is a too obvious one.

Hillsong. Australia's now infamous "church", well known for its music and lesser extent its positive messages, aimed at younger people and people who FEEL a need for God in their lives. FEELINGS are all-important in Hillsong and Seeker-Sensitive i.e. similar styled churches, giving attention to people in audience who may not believe in Christianity YET, not traditional style churches, where sermons are given to Christians who **already** believe in Jesus.

On closer examination its messages focus on what Hillsong does and how much IT has changed the world, what influence IT has and how IT has changed people's lives. Not a person's faith in Jesus Christ, faith in Hillsong. It is quite subtle and that is what makes it dangerous.

The fruit of that belief in Hillsong is actually most obvious online. Hillsongees cannot defend the Christian faith but can repeat Hillsong's teachings on tithing, loving people, acceptance of anyone who likes Hillsong. Hillsongees are devoted to defending Hillsong. They are more accepting of other faiths, alternative lifestyles e.g. homosexuality than bible-believing Christians.

The last group is actually one that Hillsong preachers single out to preach AGAINST in their speeches. "They're just jealous (they don't have OUR church size) they're not loving, they have a critical spirit, they care more about the Letter than the Life (critics keep rules, Hillsong follows the leadings of the "Spirit").

That is very revealing. Christians who seek to encourage others to grow in biblical knowledge and holiness - sometimes that means telling straying sheep (i.e. Christians who are believing errors or starting to do things that the bible says are wrong) to get back on the narrow path - are merely following the bible. Hillsong despises Christians who do that.

Analysis from a well-respected church's ministry https://www.gty.org/library/blog/B161128.
Compare to Hillsongees' letter to Hillsong. http://hillsong.com/collected/blog/2014/02/an-open-letter-to-pastor-brian-houston/#.WPfj1v-ubxA
Charismatic movement much?

JoChris

Superstar
Charismatic movement much?
Not exactly, a descendant of it. There are Pentecostals and Charismatics who condemn Hillsong and similar churches.
I am in two minds about showing this blog as it contains mature content website. The self-proclaimed Pentecostal pastor's written material deserves a wider audience but:

1. The photoshopped images are very foolish to put it kindly.
2. He goes into great detail about the debated founder's known p***philia.
Brian Houston claims to be the founder of Hillsong Church in 1983, history shows that his FATHER Frank started it. FRANK's history has slowly become public, some of it came out in Sexual abuse in Churches Royal Commission, details have emerged that Brian Houston covered it up when he learnt of it in 1999. Very ugly. Hillsong's current top leader hid his father's p***philia. https://churchwatchcentral.com/2016/08/23/timeline-source-material-related-to-frank-houstons-p***philia-coverup/

Proceed onto other entries on this blog with caution. Survivors of incest be careful. You have been warned.
This genuine Pentecostal man's analysis entries of how modern Charismatic churches have left the original Charismatic movement (started beginning 20th century) are very informative for us non-Charismatics.
https://donaldelley.wordpress.com/tag/pentecostal/

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
Not exactly, a descendant of it. There are Pentecostals and Charismatics who condemn Hillsong and similar churches.
I am in two minds about showing this blog as it contains mature content website. The self-proclaimed Pentecostal pastor's written material deserves a wider audience but:

1. The photoshopped images are very foolish to put it kindly.
2. He goes into great detail about the debated founder's known p***philia.
Brian Houston claims to be the founder of Hillsong Church in 1983, history shows that his FATHER Frank started it. FRANK's history has slowly become public, some of it came out in Sexual abuse in Churches Royal Commission, details have emerged that Brian Houston covered it up when he learnt of it in 1999. Very ugly. Hillsong's current top leader hid his father's p***philia. https://churchwatchcentral.com/2016/08/23/timeline-source-material-related-to-frank-houstons-p***philia-coverup/

Proceed onto other entries on this blog with caution. Survivors of incest be careful. You have been warned.
This genuine Pentecostal man's analysis entries of how modern Charismatic churches have left the original Charismatic movement (started beginning 20th century) are very informative for us non-Charismatics.
https://donaldelley.wordpress.com/tag/pentecostal/
That's quite a leap from the already poisonous charismatic movement. They're like some inverted West Boro.

JoChris

Superstar
It's a very spiritually sick church.
It is like a top brand plastic mannequin or wax figurines - looks much better than the vast majority of people even face to face. Only careful observation will observe no breathing is occurring.
Like Roman Catholics, there are Christians despite the church not because of it. However genuine Christians will leave Hillsong when they realise the truth.

floss

Star
That's quite a leap from the already poisonous charismatic movement.
What's your opinion of this brother?

I do believe there has been infiltration and counterfeiting of the charismatic movement to make it appeared demonic but this brother seem legit. I can feel the love of God in his revival journey around the world. One of my good brother in Christ gave me a verse supporting this movement.

John 18
6 Now when He said to them, “I am He,” they drew back and fell to the ground.

Last edited:

Lady

Star
Jesus' words about Christianity versus Churchianity:

(Luke 11)

1Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 2Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 3All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. 4For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, 6And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. 8But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 9And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

13But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

16Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor! 17Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? 18And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. 19Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? 20Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. 21And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein. 22And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.

23Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. 24Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

25Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

29Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 30And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Churchianity: the outward SHOW of Christianity.
Christianity: the inward manifestation of Christ in the CHURCH (aka the body of believers).

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar

I do believe there has been infiltration and counterfeiting of the charismatic movement to make it appeared demonic but this brother seem legit. I can feel the love of God in his revival journey around the world. One of my good brother in Christ gave me a verse supporting this movement.

John 18
If it the Gospel had been preached, if people had believed in Christ and repented of their sins and THEN the Holy Spirit moved, then I am very open to the Holy Spirit moving in special circumstances.

If all that had happened was singing multiple songs/ repetitive songs, a few signs and wonders etc and and then this occurred then it be very cautious. Jesus said the Holy Spirit would bring glory to HIM, not the Holy Spirit. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+15:26&version=KJV, https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+16:13-14&version=KJV

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Churchianity vs Christianity= actors vs doers. Unfortunately, we live in an age of feeling. If one's feelings aren't excited, then it ain't right. The likes of Hillsong are there to accomplish a mission. A spiritual mission, yes, but not Christ oriented.
Feelings-oriented Christians.
I would suggest them to use hallucinogens in order to feel nearer & nearer to God.

Damien50

Star

John 18
I've often felt that testimonials and videos like this are generally less motivational and or inspiring than reading a 5 star 3k review on Amazon of an amazing printer.

The printer generally and genuinely more amazing than all the praise and dance.

@Etagloc
I think @Karlysymon pretty much sums it up. When people start to leave the word of God and doctrine to pursue the love of their feelings you broken churches.

The Laodicean church age. If one were to even acknowledge the seven church ages of course.

Churchianity vs Christianity= actors vs doers. Unfortunately, we live in an age of feeling. If one's feelings aren't excited, then it ain't right. The likes of Hillsong are there to accomplish a mission. A spiritual mission, yes, but not Christ oriented.
Perfect answer.Im a Christian but haven't been to church for years now.Cant stand being around actors.

Nothing.....

Without the Church, we wouldn't have Christ's Word. Yet you overrule the Church based on the texts that same Church canonized, brought to your attention and enabled you to know Jesus Christ. I will never understand people like you, Todd, no offense meant.

What the hell is Churchianity anyway? (Edit: never mind.)

Todd

Star
Without the Church, we wouldn't have Christ's Word. Yet you overrule the Church based on the texts that same Church canonized, brought to your attention and enabled you to know Jesus Christ. I will never understand people like you, Todd, no offense meant.

What the hell is Churchianity anyway? (Edit: never mind.)
Settle down Artful Revealer...I don't depise the Church. And no you apparanetly do not understand me at all. I despise the man made institution of religion ....there is a difference. You don't think believers could have preserved the word of God without the instituitional church? I think it's possible we would have a better version of the Bible without the institutional church, but that is just my opinion.

God uses the institutional Church despite itself, just like he used the nation of Israel, despite itself before the coming of Christ. I recognize the institutional Church is comprised of both genuine sincere believers who are the real Church of God and those who aren't. I don't come across as "anti-church" in real life as I do on this forum. In fact I am meeting with the "Pastor" of the Church I am currently attending to talk about the home group I am leading and discuss ideas we have on how to better reach and minister to people who have been attending the church for between 6 months and two years but have no real connection with the Church other than Sunday morning attendance.

The Christianity we have today is because of the Church. You don't seem to recognize that, or I'm not perceiving your recognition very well. That means that you'd base your anti-church, anti-catholic, anti-paul opinion based on the scriptures the Pauline, Catholic Church has provided and preserved for us. If you believe the Church has misused / abused the faith expressed by Jesus Christ, why not explore the scriptures the Church has rejected, instead of disputing the doctrines based on the scriptures they have presented you? To me that's not very different than disputing Jesus' own words with Jesus.