BTS discussion thread

Truthteller

Veteran
Who sleeps like that with his "brother"? even that stupid video has subliminal stuff. Or I'm crazy I don't know but the more I look at their stuff the more it smells like something that's rotten.

View attachment 22949
View attachment 22952

View attachment 22953

View attachment 22954
View attachment 22955
Oh I bet he must be trending on twitter again :p with a million messages LOL. This has become too predictable and that video was just cringe. Yes he and Jhope have a lot of these ”moments”. Pushing their agenda as always. Love how the camera makes sure to give a head to toe view of them sleeping together like that.

cadiz

Star
and look at this article

BTS Jin and Suga face difficulties with international promos next year due to army service laws

the article says next year Jin and Sugar will have problems travelling for the world tour (they are too old already and korean law say they cant be overseas that much until they do service)

most of the comments are saying "excempt them!!" "they do so much for our country" o_O

And we saw that just yesterday BH released that article about BTS helping korea's economy
I dont know if they will enlist tbh.... if they do Im sure the goverment will give them a lot of benefits (maybe less time to serve)

Last edited:

Deadlylady

Established
Oh I bet he must be trending on twitter again :p with a million messages LOL. This has become too predictable and that video was just cringe. Yes he and Jhope have a lot of these ”moments”. Pushing their agenda as always. Love how the camera makes sure to give a head to toe view of them sleeping together like that.
I can't wait to see them disband this dude will be crushed to the core when they are replaced by boys. Since the agenda is down to kids now.

lmao they will never stop

of course their shippers are intense....these guys do a lot
Jamal and kook were always seen together since day one. Feels like Jamal is hanging out with him. On the other hand jamal has been trying weird shit with him since the begining too. Kissing hugging and resting his head on him now. Every time the camera catches that, kook is trying to get away from him.
But why was jamal looking at nj like there is nobody else in the world. Most likely some of it is just for the fan/fake and some of it is real. That's why shipshit is meaningless.

cadiz

Star
All this trending is absolutely ridiculous.:mad:
There are far more important topics in the world,literally matters of life and death.
But,no one got time for that.
All the youthful energy is wasted on something so absurd.
And,that is the grand plan,isn't it?
To fritter away the demographic advantage and drain out all the energy that might help in the actual positive advancement of the world.
Dumb down the public and you got a submissive legion of digital zombies who are at the tip of fingers of these puppeteers.
You know,I've been thinking,what is the actual use of the trending page anyway?
And then,I realised,it is a neat trick to steer the narrative.
Who is to say that someone doesn't write an algorithm to put a topic in top trending so that it gets picked up by real people?
This way,the narrative and public discussion can be controlled and only safe/useless topics can be trended.
After all, "out of sight,out of mind".
trending everyday but the public still dont support...look at their song chart

the replies are all "flops", "tanked" etc.... and Armys trying to defend it....yes its a song in korean but if you compare yourself to the Beatles you should have some hit songs.

Deadlylady

Established
they are saying is a "boyfriend" thing ...:rolleyes:

For real tho.....if one day JK has a public dating scandal the fandom will implode (we can only hope it happens)
To me it looks like someone being respectful to his elder.

trending everyday but the public still dont support...look at their song chart

the replies are all "flops", "tanked" etc.... and Armys trying to defend it....yes its a song in korean but if you compare yourself to the Beatles you should have some hit songs.
That pink stuff as I call it was weird from the begining. There wasn't any crazy dance like the fans love and the whole concept was weak and malicious so I'm glad.

But look at this :confused:

Last edited:

Truthteller

Veteran
To me it looks like someone being respectful to his elder.

That pink stuff as I call it was weird from the begining. There wasn't any crazy dance like the fans love and the whole concept was weak and malicious so I'm glad.

But look at this :confused:

That is because no one buys albums anymore, people stream. That number isnt even 100000 copies. I can’t recall ever having bought a physical album in my life tbh. But their fans make sure to buy albums for support and because they get other things such as photocards etc with them. Great marketing strategy. Many buy multiple to get all photocards etc. You have too look at total sales.

Scars512

Established
That is because no one buys albums anymore, people stream. That number isnt even 100000 copies. I can’t recall ever having bought a physical album in my life tbh. But their fans make sure to buy albums for support and because they get other things such as photocards etc with them. Great marketing strategy. Many buy multiple to get all photocards etc. You have too look at total sales.
True diehard fans pre-ordered the 4 album set because you got special extras that you could only get by pre-ordering it. (Sadly, I know this because my daughter wanted it and the shipping charges meant that it is double the price to buy it this way -- times 4). So, dedicated fans are buying 4 copies of the album. Some buy more to get the photo cards they want. Imagine if Beyonce fans bought 4 copies of her album. No way BTS could compete with that. That is one way that they inflate the sales figures. It is a brilliant marketing strategy.

How ironic, then, that they are planning to sing "Spine Breaker" at the fans FESTA event. I actually liked the message of the song (about not asking your parents for stuff they can't afford and forcing them to work harder -- breaking their spines -- to give you things you want just because everyone else has it). I liked it until I realized that this is EXACTLY what they are asking their fans to do. I took my daughter to their concert and it was a lot of $ to pull that off. Traveling 6 hours by train (bc plane tickets were too expensive) was $360. The hotel was $500 for a 3 star hotel (prices were jacked up bc of BTS -- I stayed in a 4 star in Times Square a few months earlier for a Springsteen concert for 2 nights for that price). Tickets were $300. Merchandise was a $100 (for Army bomb and a t-shirt). Spent $100 at the BT21 store (and waited 2 hours in line to even get into the store and another 30 minutes to check out). Bus and Train service to and from the concert was another $60. Plus, food and drink for the trip. At the concert venue (where we showed up 5 hours early to get in the merch line) -- it was 90 degrees and in a parking lot with NO shade. They were selling bottled water for $5 a bottle. How BTS can justify having young fans out there with no access to shade or water -- I don't know. If they cared about their fans, they would at least provide a shaded area for the merch stuff.

If it hadn't been an early birthday present (and my father paying for the tickets and hotel as his early gift) -- there is no way that would have happened. She was thrilled and happy to see them -- but once I started checking out BTS in preparation for the concert, I went down the rabbit hole of what they are really about and if I had known when I bought the tickets what I know now, it would never have happened. But, I have to walk a fine line bc my daughter dismisses what I say because I'm "too old" to understand what things are like now. I may be old, but I understand. I understand it quite clearly. Ironically, the more I talk about them (ask her questions and seem interested), the less she likes them. A little reverse psychology can help sometimes.

Chic

Veteran
True diehard fans pre-ordered the 4 album set because you got special extras that you could only get by pre-ordering it. (Sadly, I know this because my daughter wanted it and the shipping charges meant that it is double the price to buy it this way -- times 4). So, dedicated fans are buying 4 copies of the album. Some buy more to get the photo cards they want. Imagine if Beyonce fans bought 4 copies of her album. No way BTS could compete with that. That is one way that they inflate the sales figures. It is a brilliant marketing strategy.

How ironic, then, that they are planning to sing "Spine Breaker" at the fans FESTA event. I actually liked the message of the song (about not asking your parents for stuff they can't afford and forcing them to work harder -- breaking their spines -- to give you things you want just because everyone else has it). I liked it until I realized that this is EXACTLY what they are asking their fans to do. I took my daughter to their concert and it was a lot of $ to pull that off. Traveling 6 hours by train (bc plane tickets were too expensive) was $360. The hotel was $500 for a 3 star hotel (prices were jacked up bc of BTS -- I stayed in a 4 star in Times Square a few months earlier for a Springsteen concert for 2 nights for that price). Tickets were $300. Merchandise was a $100 (for Army bomb and a t-shirt). Spent $100 at the BT21 store (and waited 2 hours in line to even get into the store and another 30 minutes to check out). Bus and Train service to and from the concert was another $60. Plus, food and drink for the trip. At the concert venue (where we showed up 5 hours early to get in the merch line) -- it was 90 degrees and in a parking lot with NO shade. They were selling bottled water for $5 a bottle. How BTS can justify having young fans out there with no access to shade or water -- I don't know. If they cared about their fans, they would at least provide a shaded area for the merch stuff.

If it hadn't been an early birthday present (and my father paying for the tickets and hotel as his early gift) -- there is no way that would have happened. She was thrilled and happy to see them -- but once I started checking out BTS in preparation for the concert, I went down the rabbit hole of what they are really about and if I had known when I bought the tickets what I know now, it would never have happened. But, I have to walk a fine line bc my daughter dismisses what I say because I'm "too old" to understand what things are like now. I may be old, but I understand. I understand it quite clearly. Ironically, the more I talk about them (ask her questions and seem interested), the less she likes them. A little reverse psychology can help sometimes.

How new of a fan is she, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, they talk a good game. In that interview with Seacr3st, J1n told fans not to skip class for them and that they should go to school to meet friends and play soccer. Yet, fans are mindlessly streaming and studying them all the time.

Last edited:

Scars512

Established
How new of a fan is she, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, they talk a good game. In that interview with Seacr3st, J1n told fans not to skip class for them and that they should go to school to meet friends and play soccer. Yet, fans are mindlessly streaming and studying them all the time.
She's actually been a fan since Christmas before last, but she only started really talking about them a lot since last Fall. That is when she wanted me to start listening to their music and showing me photos of her "bias" (RM). At first, I was pretty happy with it because she has been into a lot of hard core rap music and this seemed like a step in the right direction. I also figured this was related to the fact that she has a number of Asian friends and she studies Chinese. I thought she was just taking an interest in different Asian cultures. To be honest, it is still better than some of the rap stuff she liked. Not to mention that she idolized Kim Kardashian a couple of years back. I attempted to talk her out of that and learned the hard way that it would end with nothing but massive arguments. That is why I take the opposite approach these days. I've found if she thinks mom likes it, it isn't that cool after all.

She has always had social anxiety and had trouble making friends. That is what drew her in to Army, I think. It seems to me that there are a lot of Army that would be considered the "outcast" type (not all, of course) and that makes them vulnerable when they find a group that they think is so welcoming and accepting. That also makes it easy for groups like BTS to exploit that for profit and makes it likely that they will take that fandom to an unhealthy level.

So far, she seems to not take it overboard. She didn't stream Boy with Luv all night or anything like that. She hasn't even put up the posters she got on our trip and she isn't online chatting with Army all the time (because the computer is in a shared place, I can see what she is up to). I guess that is why I've been researching and keeping tabs on all things BTS. If there is something toxic going on, I want to be prepared. We've had some issues in the past with online things and peer influence causing some problems, so it isn't that I'm just being paranoid. But, I try to balance giving her freedom with keeping her safe.

NotDelulu

Established
She's actually been a fan since Christmas before last, but she only started really talking about them a lot since last Fall. That is when she wanted me to start listening to their music and showing me photos of her "bias" (RM). At first, I was pretty happy with it because she has been into a lot of hard core rap music and this seemed like a step in the right direction. I also figured this was related to the fact that she has a number of Asian friends and she studies Chinese. I thought she was just taking an interest in different Asian cultures. To be honest, it is still better than some of the rap stuff she liked. Not to mention that she idolized Kim Kardashian a couple of years back. I attempted to talk her out of that and learned the hard way that it would end with nothing but massive arguments. That is why I take the opposite approach these days. I've found if she thinks mom likes it, it isn't that cool after all.

She has always had social anxiety and had trouble making friends. That is what drew her in to Army, I think. It seems to me that there are a lot of Army that would be considered the "outcast" type (not all, of course) and that makes them vulnerable when they find a group that they think is so welcoming and accepting. That also makes it easy for groups like BTS to exploit that for profit and makes it likely that they will take that fandom to an unhealthy level.

So far, she seems to not take it overboard. She didn't stream Boy with Luv all night or anything like that. She hasn't even put up the posters she got on our trip and she isn't online chatting with Army all the time (because the computer is in a shared place, I can see what she is up to). I guess that is why I've been researching and keeping tabs on all things BTS. If there is something toxic going on, I want to be prepared. We've had some issues in the past with online things and peer influence causing some problems, so it isn't that I'm just being paranoid. But, I try to balance giving her freedom with keeping her safe.
Honestly, comparing to other stuff out there bts are not as bad. I am baffled at how 9 year old girls sing cardi b's song about using her p**y to get things from men , all the vile and stupid songs that are everywhere. I mean bts dont swear, their lyrics aren't over the top sexual and on the surface their message is positive. All mainstream music is bad. @Chic mentioned a while back how bts attract teens that are somehow outcast and they find kids like them among army. Also being a social media based phenomenon they appeal to those who dont like to socialize and feel more confident communicating on twitter and stuff.
The thing is, and it might sound silly even to me, I believe their music has some spell or hypnosis effect embedded into it, and it affects people in vulnerable stages in life .. teens, people dealing with depression, unemployment, post partum, low self esteem, breakups.. I know I started listening to them a few months ago and got sucked it so quickly and I consider myself a strong personality. And yet somehow bts songs are all I wanted to play. so, I guess it has something in it.

Also the sense of army the band and fans are pumping offer a "family " to many people who have trouble to socialize. You feel a part of a community and its sucks you in.

Good that you keep your daughter in check, my oldest daughter is just 3 and I am terrified to think what will be here when she's a teen as the music industry gets more explicit and slutty each year..

Deadlylady

Established
Honestly, comparing to other stuff out there bts are not as bad. I am baffled at how 9 year old girls sing cardi b's song about using her p**y to get things from men , all the vile and stupid songs that are everywhere. I mean bts dont swear, their lyrics aren't over the top sexual and on the surface their message is positive. All mainstream music is bad. @Chic mentioned a while back how bts attract teens that are somehow outcast and they find kids like them among army. Also being a social media based phenomenon they appeal to those who dont like to socialize and feel more confident communicating on twitter and stuff.
The thing is, and it might sound silly even to me, I believe their music has some spell or hypnosis effect embedded into it, and it affects people in vulnerable stages in life .. teens, people dealing with depression, unemployment, post partum, low self esteem, breakups.. I know I started listening to them a few months ago and got sucked it so quickly and I consider myself a strong personality. And yet somehow bts songs are all I wanted to play. so, I guess it has something in it.

Also the sense of army the band and fans are pumping offer a "family " to many people who have trouble to socialize. You feel a part of a community and its sucks you in.

Good that you keep your daughter in check, my oldest daughter is just 3 and I am terrified to think what will be here when she's a teen as the music industry gets more explicit and slutty each year..
This is even scarier :confused: because none of it is ok. It's not a great time to be a parent or kid nowdays. If I were a parent I would not let my child spend time on the internet or listen to the pop music of today. You can't say this is better because the other option is very bad. They are all bad. And isn't that the reason they are talked about this much on this forum? I translated an article written about them here before. Just like your reaction they said parents preferred their children to listen to those guys because their culture etc was more "respectful" etc than the singers from the west. But this is just fooling yourself. Those entertainers are in the same boat, and have an open agenda. This is how conservative families or regular families are so easily fooled.

Instead of letting your kid into this money grubber, pro lgbt shipl0ve "cult" to learn how to socialize etc. Just saying maybe taking after school classes, doing sports etc could be a way better and healthier decision for a child.

The music people do use waves to affect our brain. So I wouldn't recommend to anybody to listen to music for hours. This might sound crazy but I rarely listen to music anymore. When I was a teenager I couldn't do without music. When I look at it now, it's almost like some kind of addiction. I see teenagers and adults alike listening to music nonstop even when they are walking on the streets. This stuff is so tiring, and why are your mood so depending on music? When a song is stuck on your head its not because its a great song its because they know what kind of sounds and rythm, right sound waves will do this trick.

Last edited: