BTS discussion thread

Truthteller

Veteran
Umm so i have been here for about a month. I discovered bts quite randomly, they played idol a few times on mtv here. I wasnt paying attention much. After a few times i was intrigued. Saw some videos on youtube. Spotted all the symbolism from the start. And yet couldnt help myself to fall deeper. Listened to more music, watched crack videos on youtube, shipping videos .. i come here but still like them and watch clips from the shows, follow fan accounts on instagram.
This is very bizarre, how i got hooked. I am not a teenager, i am married and have kids, almost 30. I got invested in this, and i cannot explain this attraction..
I see everything and i analyze in parallel of enjoying them still. I feel bad for tae , i mean they all signed for it but how old were they, 18? Now that they are older some of them would probably like to go out but they cant.

What i mean to ask, are there others like me here? That consider themselves sort of fans? Can we still consume their ptoducts (which i agree with above post, get lower quality this comeback just to milk the cow) even though we know the synister things behind it?
I used to be a a casual kpop fan when I was younger, grew out of it, but have listened to a bunch of kpop bands BTS included. My younger sister was a more enthusiastic fan of Kpop, BTS included and would watch variety/reality shows etc that are a huge part of Kpop culture. She introduced me to their shipping/crack videos as she herself was a Taekook shipper. TBH i never was and still am not a fan of the music, though they do have some decent songs, but the over autotuning just kills it for me. Colorful kpop music videos and coordinated choreagraphy were not new to me, so BTS didnt stand out in that sense. However I am not going to lie, the shipping videos and subsequent analysis videos was what grabbed (and kept) my attention. I later became interested in analysing some of the memebers and their dynamic plus other aspects such as sexuality. Still the quality of music/vocals did not impress me enough to understand why they were so heavily promoted by the American music industry. Idol was a mess of a track imo, much like the new music is underwhelming and generic. Yet they seemed to get more and more successful and recieve mainstream media exposure, which to me was mind boggling. I just did not understand what these people had done to get invited to the UN (and give a terrible speech) and be on the cover of Time magazine and constantly promoted. I knew something was up, why were they being pushed so heavily with essentially minimal competition and zero critique while the general public seemed to not care for them ? (in no other period has there been so little competition for pop sensations). I became curious as to what the agenda was and wanted to keep analysing the content, bringing me among other things to this thread. I have figured it out at this point and learned a lot about the industry and media along the way, just waiting to see where it ends and what the next scheme is.

Nevertheless the quality of content has decreased both with regards to the music/dance and their own variety shows/interviews. Perhaps because everything feels more manufactured and scripted, especially as of recent. Even concerts feel scripted and preplanned with a loss of free interactions and spontaneity which takes away the authenticity. The members have changed, mostly not for the better, guess fame and money and overworking gets to them. I am losing interest in them tbh. They are no longer fun, espcially since this comeback. Only interesting thing was Taehyung’s mental state, but he seems better nowadays.

Last edited:

Hopeful

Star
This was the 1st night in Chicago I believe. I went the 2nd night. I must say, out of all the times I've seen them live, he has NEVER acted this silly. TH is usually pretty chill and not this hyper. Something is definitely off. Now the question is: is he drugged in this instance or is he drugged when he's less conspicuous? I saw another clip at this same show and he was just as silly.

I want to see this video you speak of about Bey and Jay.

I'm going to mention in a separate post one key thing I noticed this go round that I didn't in notice year's tour.
Please share what did you notice

Chic

Veteran
I understand the attraction. I am a creative myself and like to observe and get inspired by the artist's we see today and what they produce out there. some are good and some not so good. i mean, at the end of the day, they are just entertainers. they are getting paid to act/sing/dance for their consumers. it all still business. The content they put out have been questionable especially if you've been on this thread for a while as well as read most of VC's articles. Symbolism and signs are clear enough for people here and the website's creator to speculate some things. we will never fully know coz we don't know them personally or aren't in the music industry to judge. With the information we already know or are speculating, i think its fair enough to see them in a certain lens that everything that's out there in the world is not all innocent and be taken as face value. its all about being wise and discerning of what we're allowing in our minds/souls that shape us as a person. we as viewers/spectators of all forms of entertainment have to be on our guard to not be deceived and caught up in that fantasy and make it into an obsession or a way of life when there are other important issues in the world, in our own lives, our faith, our salvation, our family,work,relationships that should matter and take priority and not be neglected. Whatever belief or values we have hopefully shouldn't be compromised just because we see or look up to famous people that promote idea/things that may be contradicting our values.its still our choice to want what is beneficial or not for us. just my two cents.
Excellent answer!!

Chic

Veteran
its important for them to watch their baby jeon jungkook shoving an apple in his mouth.

no one :
literally no one :
not a single soul :
not a single organism in this world :
not a single atom,molecule, proton, and neuron :
not even God :

jk : *films himself eating an apple*

thats how mafia works folks
LOLOL! I cackled!

Chic

Veteran
Remember that he is from South Korea. Most of their population doesn't have a religion They don't believe in anything. When most people in the west don't even know about fasting and the month of Ramadan. How can you expect him to know that people do fast right now?

View attachment 21833

http://www.korea.net/AboutKorea/Korean-Life/Religion

"Mukbang" is what he is doing in that video. That's a korean thing. I feel like their people love to eat and share that with people. Making sounds when you eat means it delicious in their culture. We have to remember that not all people in the world share our ways to life.

""Mukbang" is an internet fad that finds viewers watching mukbangers binge eatingcopious amounts of food. This strange trend began in Korea in 2011. The term "mukbang" comes from a mix of two Korean words, "muk-ja" (eating) and "bang-song" (broadcasting). The most popular mukbang stars (also called 'BJs' for broadcast Jockeys) eat messy foods as they loudly slurp, chomp and display bad table manners."

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mukbang

They have to share something since they are touring. Its either him or the others. I feel like nobody wants to share anything and he gets bored and shares stupid stuff like that. Most people his age would get arrogant. They keep saying they are worldwide, awesome etc.

Ah, so that's the official term? I learn something new every day! Because he is reminding me of this lady eating a kosher pickle and I think it has sexual connotations. That's the vibe I'm getting from the way he eats the pizza and the apple lol.

Chic

Veteran
so i was looking at their chicago concert clips, and it was mostly rainy and cold the whole time, i think during day 2, rrrmmm was saying something during their ending speeches and he mentioned something about acknowledging the "rain gods", j h0pee was posted on their twitter with the reference of umbrella by r!hanna. I also recalled an old article by VC about that song and MV which convinced me for sure that the music industry is not what it seems and woke me up, if you have time to look into it, its a very interesting and scary read. I don't know if this was a coincidence of them mentioning this coz it was raining but something tells me it's also not a coincidence.

https://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/occult-and-prophetic-messages-in-rihannas-umbrella/

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you for having an amazing time with us even though it was raining. <br>I'm not afraid of the rain any more. Because ARMY, you are my umbrella!!! ARMY, 싸랑해요 ☂<br>Thx Chicago!! <a href="https://t.co/k4BK1xONoK">pic.twitter.com/k4BK1xONoK</a></p>— 방탄소년단 (@BTS_twt) <a href=" ">May 13, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was at this show. I'll talk about it in detail later. In short, NJ did "jokingly" say that the show was blessed by the god of rain after being cruel for not blessing them for the last 5 years. It was corny, but the crowd cheered anyway. H0pe did say what's in the tweet and started singing Umbrella. YG/Candy just said he felt like he was in the dance movie "Step Up" because they danced in puddles of water on the stage with ease.

does anybody know what is the age limit to their concerts?

Im really curious about this.....I see this tweet and then I remember the sexual videos posted here
BTS groping each other private parts, BTS licking each others ears.....

Im just confused about their concerts....the only thing I see on ttwitter is sexual fanservice....but there are children in the crowd?

A girl who looked like she could've been two (toddler age) was sitting next to me. No age limit.

Last edited:

NotDelulu

Established

They would perform to almost 600k people, thats over half a million people, thats insane really. For any artist, let alone korean.

Also,
I wonder how much money the members see out of all of it. I have a feeling that not enough.. a lot of people get extremely rich but i have a feeling they are paid unfairly. Just a hunch

NotDelulu

Established
I was at this show. I'll talk about it in detail later. In short, NJ did "jokingly" say that the show was blessed by the god of rain after being cruel for not blessing them for the last 5 years. It was corny, but the crowd cheered anyway. H0pe did say what's in the tweet and started singing Umbrella. YG/Candy just said he felt like he was in the dance movie "Step Up" because they danced in puddles of water on the stage with ease.
Cant wait to read your point of view!

NotDelulu

Established
I am sure the concerts and other content were always scripted.
The reason why concerts feel scripted and pre-planned now,must be because we are now aware of what they do.So,we watch everything with caution and kind of see through their deception.
And yes,their content is really generic and is in the danger of becoming totally 6bland.Neverthless they will still be promoted until they run the course.
I feel they dance a lot less than before, thats understandable, they are exhausted. Jk seems like he has the time of his life every concert, but everything is so repetetive, nj speeched, the request to the fans, some of the fanservice.. its like an automatic machine at this point (judging by previous tours on yt)

mean

Established
what do you guys think of this? I dont watch their shows and this account dislikes Jimin so I dont know if this is overreaction

But I know Jimin loves praise and be center of attention so this is not out of character for him
honestly this person is a solo stan, i think what she is saying is a reach because bon voyage is probably scripted.
I do think that sometimes tae is ignored, but to me jimin is one of the member who care about him
But one thing i agree This is so weird, bighit made a "fight" between jin and v but actually i don't recall jin acting badly toward tae??
If anything he is the nicest to him

Last edited:

Deadlylady

Established
what do you guys think of this? I dont watch their shows and this account dislikes Jimin so I dont know if this is overreaction

But I know Jimin loves praise and be center of attention so this is not out of character for him
Is that an inside joke or what? They have asked that question before. It's funny because they have a lot of fans in Turkey but will never do a concert there. Which is good anyways. And I heard there has been a ban on their merchandise. I guess this is just to please the fans.

Last edited:

Truthteller

Veteran

They would perform to almost 600k people, thats over half a million people, thats insane really. For any artist, let alone korean.

Also,
I wonder how much money the members see out of all of it. I have a feeling that not enough.. a lot of people get extremely rich but i have a feeling they are paid unfairly. Just a hunch
Well to put things into prespective Taylor Swift’s reputation tour was attended by 2 million 900 thousand people and grossed 345 million. Her own earnings for the year were 83 million dollars pretax. So BTS would probably be earning around 20 million of 71 million, dividen that by 7 which is around 3 million dollars per member. It is not really insane, they are the pop sensation at the moment.3 million dollars for 18 nights, dancing, jumping up and down and lipsyncing. Physically tough, but still there are people working very hard in other fields such as medicine and engineering for 1/10000 of the amount.

Last edited:

cadiz

Star
honestly this person is a solo stan, i think what she is saying is a reach because bon voyage is probably scripted.
I do think that sometimes tae is ignored, but to me jimin is one of the member who care about him
But one thing i agree This is so weird, bighit made a "fight" between jin and v but actually i don't recall jin acting badly toward tae??
yes this account is very hateful with Jimin...thats why I asked for context on the info
Some tweets about him are legit tho

Too bad this person cant recognize any flaw on their own fave

rottielover

Established
why are they so important? i just watched this video from these 2 korean vloggers who are also @rmys i think, they do alot of beetees content and other kpop group news and stuff. so they went to the bbma's and were in the pit and what i found interesting is that they mentioned in their video that during the commercial breaks you would think that the celebs get to talk to one other/go to the restroom/etc. but apparently they had 20 bodyguards around them surrounding them the whole time during the commercial breaks. they said like no one was able to go near them instead of a few .It looks like the company is really strict and cautious and controlling who they speak to or interact with. i guess to avoid scandals or misunderstanding getting leaked? I find that very sad and just confirmation they have no freedom at all once again and why be so secretive? even drake didn't have a body guard! lol i don't understand the big deal. what's wrong with interacting with other celebs on their own, making small talk,etc. without having to have the camera on them 24/7. why does this seem not normal even as a celeb? it's like they're untouchable which is low key annoying bcoz they can't do anything freely, like caged birds.

They start to talk about it around 8:00

This is once again not directly related to the thread, well kinda, is considering how much Gucci they wear. Am I the only one extremely creeped out by the creative director of Gucci Alessandro Michele (V idolizes this guy btw and has openly said he likes gucci because of him). Look at this video uploaded by none other than Gucci, all the symbolism. I feel sorry for Harry Styles. Why was he specifically chosen to host the Met Gala, look at the way the designer lurches around him. I won’t even open my mouth on Jared Leto, the fact that he is a sexual predator and pedo is known in Hollywood circles. Guy looks like a psycopath.

View attachment 21864

View attachment 21863
Maybe that's why Tae wanted beard and long hair ("mullet")...

Deadlylady

Established
But I feel like they don't like each other at all.
why are they so important? i just watched this video from these 2 korean vloggers who are also @rmys i think, they do alot of beetees content and other kpop group news and stuff. so they went to the bbma's and were in the pit and what i found interesting is that they mentioned in their video that during the commercial breaks you would think that the celebs get to talk to one other/go to the restroom/etc. but apparently they had 20 bodyguards around them surrounding them the whole time during the commercial breaks. they said like no one was able to go near them instead of a few .It looks like the company is really strict and cautious and controlling who they speak to or interact with. i guess to avoid scandals or misunderstanding getting leaked? I find that very sad and just confirmation they have no freedom at all once again and why be so secretive? even drake didn't have a body guard! lol i don't understand the big deal. what's wrong with interacting with other celebs on their own, making small talk,etc. without having to have the camera on them 24/7. why does this seem not normal even as a celeb? it's like they're untouchable which is low key annoying bcoz they can't do anything freely, like caged birds.

They start to talk about it around 8:00

I watch their videos sometimes. They said that people would try to force a collab on them. And they don't have any say in that stuff? Who knows. So their company have hired 20 something bodyguards that would make a wall around them during commercial breaks. They said even dr@ke and the other big stars didn't have any bodyguard. Fans would scream their group name etc. They said they felt sorry for them. And being famous as this, this is the price you have to pay etc.

But if you ask me I wouldn't call them untouchable, just slaves/property lol. They might be scared if a woman/girl would hug or kiss one of them? I remember one girl took a selfie with them before and fans went crazy.

mean

Established
yes this account is very hateful with Jimin...thats why I asked for context on the info
Some tweets about him are legit tho

Too bad this person cant recognize any flaw on their own fave
i don't know why but i just want to slap him across the face. Seriously, the guy act like a baby then do his gross and sexual fanservice with members
he and jk are both attention wh*re though
http://instagr.am/p/BxcaSbBlZnO/
here he remind me of a girl. And his gesture are feminine, and the way he speak is feminine

Deadlylady

Established
i don't know why but i just want to slap him across the face. Seriously, the guy act like a baby then do his gross and sexual fanservice with members
he and jk are both attention wh*re though
http://instagr.am/p/BxcaSbBlZnO/
They call it aegyo. Asians love guys/girls that act like toodlers. I found this so weird at first. It's a just cultural thing. But it's still weird. I could somewhat understand girls doing it. Even though it is in some way demeaning. But men? I don't know.

There was a k-drama that made fun of it.