BTS discussion thread

Journal atlas

Rookie
What I find a little bizarre is that the article refers to the kissing of the celebrity at the celebrity hug event as an unexpected and unforseen occurrence. Really? This type of thing couldn’t have been predicted? Hugs and kisses tend to go together. This is not to say that the ARMYs had a right to kiss Jin without his consent of course. I just find it wild that they would go so far as to suggest that stolen kisses could not have been anticipated in such a setting.
Not okay to do anything without consent, but it's interesting fans in Korea are expected to spend thousands on idols, forgo dating at the behest of their idols(many tell fans not to date and only focus on them), are basically super lonely like most in korean culture and a kiss on the cheek is wild to everyone. I think I posted somewhere before that with western celebs tight hugs and friendly kisses on the cheek are normal but in Korea they seem to have this odd imitation of that but with no emotion involved. They have a robotic version of spreading love but in reality the celebs are disgusted by showing affection to strangers.

Not that americans can't be too touchy or grabby as well which isn't right
1719362852814.png
but there's not a criminalization or fans berating or bullying other fans who get special attention like hugs or kisses.
1719362911600.png
it's interesting how jb fans in asia quickly where able to expect hugs and kisses because they knew what fans in the west got. It says a lot about cultural practices and humanity because honestly I don't believe "asian fans" are as shy or as jealous as any other human has the potential to be. The reality is fans in asia are treated as lowly and act as such. They can make demands but many never ask for more than a stiff photo if that. Kpop took the marketing advice of western entertainment but has such a wide gap between different classes of people. The reality is the fansign hugs and kisses are meant for wealthy heiress'/ fans who spend millions a year and not the common women. That's why you will never see street photos of idols with Korean fans. Maybe if they go on vacation in a foreign country but very uncommon. This is a big reason why they hate/ are jealous of ifans. It's actually sad how they get treated. But in return the idols have it worse to, one dating scandal with real evidence or a 'photo of a kiss' they'd be dead in Korea. It's messed up all the way around

The reality is fans who are treated like people and not cash cows tend to loose the fanatical behavior and chill out a lot more. I'm not sure if any modern day idol could have a spouse and share their life and be casual. Not because asian fans aren't human but because the system of idols is outdated and used simply as a major distraction from the gov even more than celebs are here. It leads to most never accepting celebs growing up and wanting them to stay young childlike and asexual forever. Some wish death on idols who try to have american style freedom yet may like american artist, but don't give asian celebs the same respect.

They stream and chart more but the reality is if a dating scandal can ruin your career you don't have a career.

In reality this is just sad but anthropology wise celeb culture is fascinating.
1719364956354.png
knowing how insane and overprotective japanese fans have a history of being seeing a western celeb go and have people change behavioral patterns they swore they'd never change is insane. I've seen many argue Kfans aren't brash and desperate like western fans and only care about the idols success, but they are notorious for wanting idols who openly date to feel their wrath. The reality is when celebs are curated to be perfect it has a negative affect on the fans. It's not realistic so the fans warp their minds to create a new world where it all makes sense. I don't know much about what happened but if Kpop keeps going the way it's going the fans will be even crazier. They will believe the celebs really aren't human at all.

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
Not okay to do anything without consent, but it's interesting fans in Korea are expected to spend thousands on idols, forgo dating at the behest of their idols(many tell fans not to date and only focus on them), are basically super lonely like most in korean culture and a kiss on the cheek is wild to everyone. I think I posted somewhere before that with western celebs tight hugs and friendly kisses on the cheek are normal but in Korea they seem to have this odd imitation of that but with no emotion involved. They have a robotic version of spreading love but in reality the celebs are disgusted by showing affection to strangers.

Not that americans can't be too touchy or grabby as well which isn't right
View attachment 106952
but there's not a criminalization or fans berating or bullying other fans who get special attention like hugs or kisses.
View attachment 106953
it's interesting how jb fans in asia quickly where able to expect hugs and kisses because they knew what fans in the west got. It says a lot about cultural practices and humanity because honestly I don't believe "asian fans" are as shy or as jealous as any other human has the potential to be. The reality is fans in asia are treated as lowly and act as such. They can make demands but many never ask for more than a stiff photo if that. Kpop took the marketing advice of western entertainment but has such a wide gap between different classes of people. The reality is the fansign hugs and kisses are meant for wealthy heiress'/ fans who spend millions a year and not the common women. That's why you will never see street photos of idols with Korean fans. Maybe if they go on vacation in a foreign country but very uncommon. This is a big reason why they hate/ are jealous of ifans. It's actually sad how they get treated. But in return the idols have it worse to, one dating scandal with real evidence or a 'photo of a kiss' they'd be dead in Korea. It's messed up all the way around

The reality is fans who are treated like people and not cash cows tend to loose the fanatical behavior and chill out a lot more. I'm not sure if any modern day idol could have a spouse and share their life and be casual. Not because asian fans aren't human but because the system of idols is outdated and used simply as a major distraction from the gov even more than celebs are here. It leads to most never accepting celebs growing up and wanting them to stay young childlike and asexual forever. Some wish death on idols who try to have american style freedom yet may like american artist, but don't give asian celebs the same respect.

They stream and chart more but the reality is if a dating scandal can ruin your career you don't have a career.

In reality this is just sad but anthropology wise celeb culture is fascinating.
View attachment 106954
knowing how insane and overprotective japanese fans have a history of being seeing a western celeb go and have people change behavioral patterns they swore they'd never change is insane. I've seen many argue Kfans aren't brash and desperate like western fans and only care about the idols success, but they are notorious for wanting idols who openly date to feel their wrath. The reality is when celebs are curated to be perfect it has a negative affect on the fans. It's not realistic so the fans warp their minds to create a new world where it all makes sense. I don't know much about what happened but if Kpop keeps going the way it's going the fans will be even crazier. They will believe the celebs really aren't human at all.
Interesting perspective. I see most if not all of this fandom and celeb stuff as psychological manipulation and brainwashing. Celebrity personas are fake and scripted; their job is to keep buzz, “controversies” and distractions going constantly.

e-Enoch

Superstar

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
...Suga was also a Valentino "ambassador..."
Which per usual is by the numbers. And per usual 223/322 are numerical highlights:

(a.) “Valentino”= 223 like “Skull and Crossbones”.

(b.) Yoongi’s birthday, “March 9, 1993”= 322 in gematria… reminding of Order 322 aka Skull and Crossbones

(c.) Yoongi’s show “Suchwita” and it’s theme song “Daechwita” each= 223 in gematria. “Daechwita” was even released on May 22, the day leaving 223 days left in the year… In case that isn’t enough, the first episode of Suchwita aired on 12/5 with guest RM. Between RM’s birthday and that date was 2 months and 23 days for another 223.

(d.) “Valentino” and Yoongi’s name and date of birth sync up by the numbers in various other ways.

(e.) Over the years, Yoongi has had hashtags and even a social media quote that = 322 in gematria.

Last edited: