BTS discussion thread

LittleLady

Established
Certain stans within the diverse fandom are apathetic, belligerent, and delusional who believe they have a personal relationship with each member, and they can't do wrong. Now that an US publication is calling out both for anti-blackness is a first. I never would've thought the media would acknowledge the Twitter trend.

BTS is emulating and embracing black culture attire, mannerism, and hip-hop beats/music, but yet their agency remains silent. I thought their music is about healing. Where is the healing they promote? The African-american community which influences their music is hurting and is needing healing. Is that too much to ask of them. Yet, they remain silent. If BTS issues a statement addressing the injustice and inequality for being a different color, class, gender, and age, it would be welcomed. I hope I am making sense. Just got off work.
I agree...k-pop in general was inspired by hip hop which originated from Black people. Originally, hip hop was about Black people singing/rapping about how things are unfair towards them, then the dances and other raps about unnecessary topics started, (Because of satans influence, now you know why there's raps about money, sex, drugs, etc.) But yeah, bts and other groups literally stole Black peoples culture of dancing, singing...the dance moves of bts are like a copy of hip hop from the early 2000's. I believe I heard that people of Asian culture don't learn other cultures outside of theirs, so perhaps that's why you usually hear stories of people staring at people of other races from Asia the most out of every other nation. So yeah, bts and other groups are receiving love and all of this happiness because of the fact they stole from a different culture. I doubt they were inspired, they just listened to what their handlers said and just...became who they are now. Apparently, many people love Black culture, but they don't like Black people. Ain't that sad?

Sara1995

Established
yes first tweet said they are under same label, but I think they reffer to their american distribution company.
still the tweets are all very similar, the wording and the timing. With Jeff Benjamin involved in all of them.
hmm yeah you can be right and also I saw that if it is true or not Bighit ended contract with Dispatch. On İG Dispatch deleted BTS stories from their account

Feathery

Rookie
You would be shocked to learn who is what. In K Pop, most of the "girls" are Guys and the "guys" girls. It's fairly obvious especially the "Male" K Pop groups. All actually women or transgenders, with one or two "real" Men stuck in.
The American actress Laverne Cox is transgender, and nobody knew for 20 years! He/she was also a hit R&B/disco singer before she got roles in Hollywood. There is no denying the TALENT these people have. You can be sure many many more are Trans, gay, or just acting the opposite sex! The most famous, successful Impersonator in Las Vegas is a hetero man, married with children! You can never be sure until you are sure!

Sara1995

Established
You would be shocked to learn who is what. In K Pop, most of the "girls" are Guys and the "guys" girls. It's fairly obvious especially the "Male" K Pop groups. All actually women or transgenders, with one or two "real" Men stuck in.
The American actress Laverne Cox is transgender, and nobody knew for 20 years! He/she was also a hit R&B/disco singer before she got roles in Hollywood. There is no denying the TALENT these people have. You can be sure many many more are Trans, gay, or just acting the opposite sex! The most famous, successful Impersonator in Las Vegas is a hetero man, married with children! You can never be sure until you are sure!
in Hollywood I guess it is a lot I dont think it is much common in Kpop and also there is no way that all members of all kpop bands are straight anyway this is not a new thing and also I believe there are gay couples among members of bands too.There was one kpop band boy two members were couple for example.

Rawdollmariah

Established
Honestly bts specking up I feel like they were forced because literally EVERYONE was dragging them to say something. And then a LOT of people unstanning yoongi about that Jim Jones situation. Then all them kpop groups specking at the same time?
Some people even thought they was a all lives matter people which they probably are

lauren_xox

Rookie
Like someone said above, Dispatch and BTS' contract has definitely ended now. For anyone who wants a timeline of events, here's a comment from a kpop subreddit that explains how Bighit has pretty much burned all bridges with important k-media companies and is only prioritizing foreign media companies:

" It's because bighit terminate their exclusive contract with dispatch to follow bts to US event. They've been following bts around since 2017's ama even release their (clapped) photobook from US promo documentaries but bighit seems to only use US magazine for America promotion starts from Boy With Luv so they get mad and desperate to search for dirt on bts. I'm a fan so I can't be objective (it's up to you to believe me or not) but Japanese sasaengs on ig are talking about that and collectively said the same things even when they're not friends with each other (it's not on twt bc, you know, we tried so hard not to feed any sasaengs for better fandom environment). Not to mention bighit has their own event organizer starting this year after they went ipo. Remember naver post a bunch of bullshit after bts moving all their paid videos from vapp to weverse?? And daum barely posting about bts's news on their search engine after bts dumped daum fancafe and move to their own platform weverse brings 1.5 million official fanclub member together with them?? And mbc stop inviting bighit artist after bts turned down their invitation to perform on gayo dajejeon last year?? I think they broke up bc bighit explicitly said "screw you (all, including you) Korean media" "
If they go down, they're going down horribly. Like one bad move (like actually bad and not the stale Itaewon non-"controversy") and all these companies will pounce. Someone said Bighit might still have a stick up their ass from k-media ignoring BTS as rookies because they came from a small company. Which again, I do not understand. This happens to all small companies in Korean entertainment. It's just common sense, the world is unfair. Richer companies can buy more media play because they have more money to. It happens in the West too. If you sign with Interscope vs some struggling small indie record label, which one is going to have the more resources to dispense on making you blow up? Which one's going to get you the FADER review, the billboards in Times Square, the spot on a Spotify playlist? Interscope, obviously. Listening to Suga's constant moaning in Daechwita and the rest of his D-2 mixtape about how they had nothing and dissing others who got more opportunities than him, it seems like he learned from Papa Shi Hyuk.

Okay but jokes aside, I don't know if I believe that something as petty as that would be the reason for cutting ties with their own country's media, but it really doesn't make sense to me. Western fans are a lot less invested and more fickle than Korean fans. And when BTS disbands they're going to be pursuing solo careers in KOREA not abroad. It's not like Westerners will accept V or Jungkook as the next Justin Beiber or Jin as the next Timothee Chalamet. K-pop is still niche here even among young people. They're shooting themselves in the foot right now. Why TF is Bighit sabotaging their futures and ruining relationships with Korean media? What will happen to the individuals in BTS when the band ends and they want to so stuff in variety TV/acting/hosting and presenting??? Seriously wtf...

Last edited:

Cookie

Established
View attachment 37441
Their thumbs are out. They are making the *I love you* sign and not the devil horn
This is true. My honest opinion is that I dont trust any of these signs are innocent. I'm a bts fan so I'm not here to bash them. But these peace signs, i love you signs, whatever you want to call them. I don't believe they're only expressing a positive meaning. Just my opinion. And this doesn't just pertain to bts obviously. The whole satanic agenda of course.

jhoseok92

Rookie
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I was just rewatching some bts videos and I was very shocked when I saw Jk "glitching" in this video at 16:08

I also noticed Yoongi's glitch in this interview around 5:12

It freaks me out so much, it's so scary, what do you think It means??
Do you happen to know any other "glitching" moments in other videos?

Last edited: