Are The Dead Babies Actually Luckier Than Us, Who Live To Suffer Here?

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Job 3:11 - "Why wasn't I born dead? Why didn't I die as I came from the womb?"

Are the dead babies (because of both natural reasons and abortion) actually luckier than us, who live to suffer here?

They are now with Jesus now, they got free-pass to go to heaven.... in other hand, we, who are still alive, struggle and suffer here, on earth....

Loki

Established
This sort of seems like it should be in Religions, but regardless, who is to say that those souls who never got a chance to live aren't sort of recycled? Sent back to the ether and then are able to try again at a later date? Assuming, of course, that the idea of souls is accurate at all.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
This sort of seems like it should be in Religions, but regardless, who is to say that those souls who never got a chance to live aren't sort of recycled? Sent back to the ether and then are able to try again at a later date? Assuming, of course, that the idea of souls is accurate at all.
That is something Evangelicals would say.
They have free-pass go to heaven because they know nothing and they don't reach "the age of accountability".
The Bible is silent in this matter.

Do you think life is a videogame so you could "re-spawn" at another time in another identity, of course? :D

Loki

Established
That is something Evangelicals would say.
They have free-pass go to heaven because they know nothing and they don't reach "the age of accountability".
The Bible is silent in this matter.

Do you think life is a videogame so you could "re-spawn" at another time in another identity, of course? :D
I can't definitively prove that that isn't the case and plenty of people believe in reincarnation. Its never really been a belief I've held personally, but if we are considering the soul as our essence and our body as just a vehicle for this world, I see no reason why after the soul is released from the body it couldn't return to it's plane of existence and start over from scratch. The issue would be in understanding/explaining how the souls are created, which could potentially be the doing of a deity of some sort. Humanity has been exponentially growing in numbers since the dawn of humanity, so even if half of the souls occupying bodies currently were recycled many times over there is still a need for new souls constantly because we continue to grow beyond our previous number. I'm not saying I believe any of this, but if it were the case then it would make sense that if a soul doesn't even get a chance to experience this world it would be able to "get back in line" so to speak.

The thing is, even if life did work by our soul respawning after we die, we clearly aren't able to actively access the memories of our previous lives so in essence we are a completely new being regardless of how old our soul is.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
I can't definitively prove that that isn't the case and plenty of people believe in reincarnation. Its never really been a belief I've held personally, but if we are considering the soul as our essence and our body as just a vehicle for this world, I see no reason why after the soul is released from the body it couldn't return to it's plane of existence and start over from scratch. The issue would be in understanding/explaining how the souls are created, which could potentially be the doing of a deity of some sort. Humanity has been exponentially growing in numbers since the dawn of humanity, so even if half of the souls occupying bodies currently were recycled many times over there is still a need for new souls constantly because we continue to grow beyond our previous number. I'm not saying I believe any of this, but if it were the case then it would make sense that if a soul doesn't even get a chance to experience this world it would be able to "get back in line" so to speak.

The thing is, even if life did work by our soul respawning after we die, we clearly aren't able to actively access the memories of our previous lives so in essence we are a completely new being regardless of how old our soul is.
Those are good questions about reincarnation.
My question to reincarnation doctrine: From where the souls of "First Humanity"?

The soul is abstract thing.
Observation & the process of measuring it are impossible.
All things could be just pure speculations.

Aero

Superstar
Your soul is made of electricity. And energy doesn't die it is dispersed.

My theory is the babies you speak of aren't dead at all. Their life plays out in the abyss, in infinite variations. Of course you have to believe in the multiverse for that to make sense.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Your soul is made of electricity. And energy doesn't die it is dispersed.

My theory is the babies you speak of aren't dead at all. Their life plays out in the abyss, in infinite variations. Of course you have to believe in the multiverse for that to make sense.
Do you personally believe in the existence of multiverse?

Aero

Superstar
Do you personally believe in the existence of multiverse?
Yes but admittedly have a tough time reconciling it with a lot of spiritual ideas. The traditional ideas of life, heaven and hell kind of fall flat on their face. Because if true you can't be good or evil. You are everything. Everything you ever thought about or dreamed of.

The best I've figured is that God has some original plan for each of us. Like a train stuck on rails. And the death of a child has less to do with the childs lost life, and more to do with how it impacts those still living. Like a test. I think that in this type of example it's obvious that death is simply another part of life.

Tatilina

Star
I think they are. Humans are horrible towards each other. I know I would be. My mother had an abortion after, I wish it woukd have been me. I think I would have been better off for sure. Except being torn to pieces, having freshly new sensitive limbs sucked off and your head crushed might not be such a pleasant experience I'm sure.

Tatilina

Star
I guess it also depends in what happens to you in the afterlife. Some may suffer just as well after death, maybe nothing will be as. Christian's claim, who knows. I would love for reincarnation to be true. I wouldn't mind living in a different dimension free of this fleshly body.

Bryn

Rookie
Gosh you lot are gloomy today. We're all in the privileged position of having the world's knowledge at our fingertips and we're all sitting around here navel-gazing :p At least none of us had to trek 10 miles to find fresh water this morning...

Bryn

Rookie
Come to think of it, I did have to pop out for some milk earlier. That's it, I'm officially suffering.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
I think they are. Humans are horrible towards each other. I know I would be. My mother had an abortion after, I wish it woukd have been me. I think I would have been better off for sure. Except being torn to pieces, having freshly new sensitive limbs sucked off and your head crushed might not be such a pleasant experience I'm sure.
Do you agree that Abortion = murder?

Lisa

Superstar
Technically you are taking a life away, but women should still have the right over their own bodies to choose whether to do it or not.
Isn't the women's right to have sex or not? That's the best decision then they don't have to worry about taking an innocent life...since we all know that sex leads to babies.

Some people may think this is totally unreasonable, but that's the real choice if it's your body. Once your body becomes our body you don't have the right to end the other life just because...

mecca

Superstar
Isn't the women's right to have sex or not? That's the best decision then they don't have to worry about taking an innocent life...since we all know that sex leads to babies.

Some people may think this is totally unreasonable, but that's the real choice if it's your body. Once your body becomes our body you don't have the right to end the other life just because...
Yeah that would be ideal but not everyone want's to not have sex, also if they use protection it's not 100% effective.
It's still the woman's body though so she should have rights over it.

Also sometimes people don't get the choice if they have sex or not, what would you do then?