Are The Dead Babies Actually Luckier Than Us, Who Live To Suffer Here?

Lisa

Superstar
The woman has rights to the life inside of her. Regardless if it's considered sin or crime, God has granted them that power. And I don't think babies not getting born are lucky, but I don't know that I feel bad about it either.
What right's do women have to the life insider her?

Aero

Superstar
What right's do women have to the life insider her?
I don't get what you mean. She has the right to take care of herself while pregnant, or she could poison herself. She could pay someone to hit her in the stomach, jump down a flight of stairs. I'm not exactly familiar with all the ways women have attempted abortions, but there's a lot of options.

Lisa

Superstar
I don't get what you mean. She has the right to take care of herself while pregnant, or she could poison herself. She could pay someone to hit her in the stomach, jump down a flight of stairs. I'm not exactly familiar with all the ways women have attempted abortions, but there's a lot of options.
You said this
The woman has rights to the life inside of her.
i was just asking what you meant.

Aero

Superstar
You said this
i was just asking what you meant.
That's what I thought. I guess "rights" can be considered a broad term. I would say the mother has the power over the life of the fetus. The power to give and take away. Whether it's just or not is a moral decision, and people seem to be split on that one.

Lisa

Superstar
That's what I thought. I guess "rights" can be considered a broad term. I would say the mother has the power over the life of the fetus. The power to give and take away. Whether it's just or not is a moral decision, and people seem to be split on that one.
I thought she just had the power to give? Give of herself for her child?

Aero

Superstar
I thought she just had the power to give? Give of herself for her child?
Lol ok, that works for me. However we want to describe it.

I don't mean to sound insensitive to the babies. I love babies, but if it comes down to putting value on life the verdict is in. A baby can't work a job, take care of itself or someone else for that matter. I feel for the people who are alive and struggling.

Paranoia Daily

Veteran
Life is not fair for the dead or the living we get over it and move on. Sounds like some here expect those who are still above ground to just lay down and die to be better off.

mecca

Superstar
Well, does the woman have rights over the little life in her? Should she be able to end that life just because?

So, you are talking about r*pe then? That's a tough one...but again, is it the babies fault of what happened, and should the baby be the one to lose its life because of something it didn't have anything to do with? I realize that maybe I might feel differently if it was done to me...but I have thought about that, it would still be unfair to the baby to lose its life.
I think people should to everything they can to not get an abortion and to prevent a situation where they'd have to think about it but I still think it should be legal.

Etagloc

Superstar
Job 3:11 - "Why wasn't I born dead? Why didn't I die as I came from the womb?"

Are the dead babies (because of both natural reasons and abortion) actually luckier than us, who live to suffer here?

They are now with Jesus now, they got free-pass to go to heaven.... in other hand, we, who are still alive, struggle and suffer here, on earth....
You could use this same logic to justify murder.

Also, Job was in the middle of a pretty extreme situation at the time when he said that. Context is important.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
I don't know that babies are luckier that they died early. They never got to live their lives..that kinda sucks. I know that life is hard sometimes...but can you imagine just beginning (in the womb) and then your life being cut suddenly short? You don't get to grow up, don't get to be a kid, know your family, get married, have your own kids..you miss out because in the case of abortion your mommy didn't want the hassle of you. I don't know if it is luckier to die how babies die in the womb, anyway...kinda sucks all the way around if you ask me. It's hard enough if its natural, but to have your life ended by the person who should have kept you safe...:(

Do we even know what happens to babies when they die? Besides they are dead? I don't think anyone knows, the Bible doesn't really say, so saying they go to heaven is something people hope for.
Job said that.
Life is full of injustice & evil.
So, he hated life.

BTW,
I saw 1-day-old dead baby's tomb in cemetery many many years ago.
I said in my heart, "What the heck!"

Mr. Blah

Veteran
I think people should to everything they can to not get an abortion and to prevent a situation where they'd have to think about it but I still think it should be legal.
But, it is better to give the baby to orphan.

Put the sleeping baby on the front door and leave silently.

Lisa

Superstar
That the government should say that some murder is ok, but not all? Isn't that the worst murder though? A mom ending the life of her child? Kind of downgrades life don't ya think?

Lisa

Superstar
Job said that.
Life is full of injustice & evil.
So, he hated life.

BTW,
I saw 1-day-old dead baby's tomb in cemetery many many years ago.
I said in my heart, "What the heck!"
Ya, his life did go downhill for awhile, but then God didn't let him stay down forever and gave him more than before...we really don't understand God so much sometimes.

Aww, how sad :(