Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Ain't sayin'

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No but I'm keeping a list of preppers in my neighborhood

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
The gardening stuff sounds great, but what do you do about natural pests without toxic chemical pesticides?
Neem based sprays work well. Pyrethrins, while natural, quite toxic to bees; follow label directions. Azamax is good stuff (OMRI listed) but pricey. There are some sprays with hot pepper to deter rabbits and such. Soap sprays are pretty good and you can make your own with Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap. Co-planting with marigolds as a deterrent plant or radishes as a diversion plant can go a long way.
So what's the best first step for people like me?
Start small. Figure out what grows well in your micro-climate. Check local nurseries, see what they sell as seedlings. Those varieties will probably do well for you. Check your nearest university for an IFAS ( Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences) extension website Lots of good information to be had there. Be sure to welcome the good bugs and don't give up.

Happy Gardening.

Neem based sprays work well. Pyrethrins, while natural, quite toxic to bees; follow label directions. Azamax is good stuff (OMRI listed) but pricey. There are some sprays with hot pepper to deter rabbits and such. Soap sprays are pretty good and you can make your own with Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap. Co-planting with marigolds as a deterrent plant or radishes as a diversion plant can go a long way.

Start small. Figure out what grows well in your micro-climate. Check local nurseries, see what they sell as seedlings. Those varieties will probably do well for you. Check your nearest university for an IFAS ( Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences) extension website Lots of good information to be had there. Be sure to welcome the good bugs and don't give up.

Happy Gardening.
Thanks! Will do.