Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Ain't sayin'

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No but I'm keeping a list of preppers in my neighborhood

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Lurker

Star
The gardening stuff sounds great, but what do you do about natural pests without toxic chemical pesticides?
Neem based sprays work well. Pyrethrins, while natural, quite toxic to bees; follow label directions. Azamax is good stuff (OMRI listed) but pricey. There are some sprays with hot pepper to deter rabbits and such. Soap sprays are pretty good and you can make your own with Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap. Co-planting with marigolds as a deterrent plant or radishes as a diversion plant can go a long way.
So what's the best first step for people like me?
Start small. Figure out what grows well in your micro-climate. Check local nurseries, see what they sell as seedlings. Those varieties will probably do well for you. Check your nearest university for an IFAS ( Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences) extension website Lots of good information to be had there. Be sure to welcome the good bugs and don't give up.

Happy Gardening.

Dalit

Star
Neem based sprays work well. Pyrethrins, while natural, quite toxic to bees; follow label directions. Azamax is good stuff (OMRI listed) but pricey. There are some sprays with hot pepper to deter rabbits and such. Soap sprays are pretty good and you can make your own with Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap. Co-planting with marigolds as a deterrent plant or radishes as a diversion plant can go a long way.

Start small. Figure out what grows well in your micro-climate. Check local nurseries, see what they sell as seedlings. Those varieties will probably do well for you. Check your nearest university for an IFAS ( Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences) extension website Lots of good information to be had there. Be sure to welcome the good bugs and don't give up.

Happy Gardening.
Thanks! Will do.

Lisa

Superstar
A culture of fear in the United States is fueling a rise in ‘doomsday prepping’ where citizens stockpile food, medicine, and weapons in anticipation of apocalyptic disaster, a new study has found.
British researchers say that over the past decade, ‘doomsday prepping’ has shifted from the fringes and is increasingly going mainstream.

Initially, it was believed that the election of Barack Obama in 2008 was the catalyst for the rise in doomsday prepping.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7345383/Doomsday-preppers-mainstream-America-gripped-culture-fear.html
Prepping is still going strong..I guess.

justjess

Superstar
A culture of fear in the United States is fueling a rise in ‘doomsday prepping’ where citizens stockpile food, medicine, and weapons in anticipation of apocalyptic disaster, a new study has found.
British researchers say that over the past decade, ‘doomsday prepping’ has shifted from the fringes and is increasingly going mainstream.

Initially, it was believed that the election of Barack Obama in 2008 was the catalyst for the rise in doomsday prepping.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7345383/Doomsday-preppers-mainstream-America-gripped-culture-fear.html
Prepping is still going strong..I guess.
Do you have a problem with prepping?

redqueen

Superstar
best thread through search

thought it would be Good to start
sharing these elsewhere instead of
Franks divoc thread as I feel lil like it's
off topic if there is another better place
I can move

this is just inspirational so We can all take
ideas and use em to build Our own,Ya always
wanna have the basics ready to go

redqueen

Superstar
I watch this guy a lot I enjoy Seeing how he builds
all these different shelters with the basics
it really is amazing to me

it's always Good to have as much Knowledge as possible
about surviving on Our own without any of the creature comforts
We've become accustomed to in daily life

redqueen

Superstar

Diogenes

Established
WORLD WAR THREE IS COMING SOON, ANONYMOUS WARNS IN NEW VIDEO
http://www.newsweek.com/anonymous-world-war-three-coming-soon-korea-606170

Real f*ucked up logic here man, if any at all. You tested a nuke, so now we're gonna really use them on you...Madness, and really, no method...God help us all if they kick this off...
(<>..<>)

For Whom The Bell Tolls
Make his fight on the hill in the early day
Constant chill deep inside
Shouting gun, on they run through the endless grey
On the fight, for they are right, yes, by who's to say?
For a hill men would kill, why? They do not know
Stiffened wounds test their pride
Men of five, still alive through the raging glow
Gone insane from the pain that they surely know

For whom the bell tolls
Time marches on
For whom the bell tolls

Take a look to the sky just before you die
It is the last time you will
Blackened roar massive roar fills the crumbling sky
Shattered goal fills his soul with a ruthless cry
Stranger now, are his eyes, to this mystery
He hears the silence so loud
Crack of dawn, all is gone except the will to be
Now they see what will be, blinded eyes to see

For whom the bell tolls
Time marches on
For whom the bell tolls

Songwriters
CLIFFORD LEE BURTON, JAMES ALAN HETFIELD, LARS ULRICH
With all respects, this post is from 2017 and the headline reads "world war coming soon". So, "soon" must be longer than 6 years, I guess, because we are already in mid 2023. Of course there's the situation in Ukraine which could lit the flame, but still, I stopped paying attention to all these videos,in whatever platform they are being uploaded. Who really knows when the world war III will happen, apart from TPTB ? Sometimes I think that these fear mongering videos are there only to keep us confused. And on top of this,the accompanying video is from Metallica,a
supposedly righteous band, totally sold to the system. Oh God, never trust showbiz people !

Ok, while neither confirming nor denying that anybody is doing anything, what do you think of those bins full of dried meals that are being sold as something like a month's worth of food for four people? Compared to storing up a selection of nonperishables?
Variety is good. Some long term storage, some short term storage, canned goods, frozen food etc. A little of everything.

Well it wouldn't be smart to rob the people who are prepared, but that's the point. People wont be thinking rationally. Where I would look for soft targets like stuff that is already abandoned. And maybe find someone who needs a gun and trade for some food
I love when people say they do not prepare but will just take from those who do. Hey dipshit, don't you think part of their preps is how to PROTECT what they have stored?

polymoog

Superstar
nice easy solution

this works in a pinch and theres no other options.
you would be collecting the water vapor until it starts beading up on plastic bottle. at that point, youll have the plastic chemicals leaching out into your distilled water, making it not-so-distilled.

the above link is the way to go.... in stainless steel. then youre drinking 100% (or very close to 100%) distilled water.

polymoog

Superstar

redqueen

Superstar
this works in a pinch and theres no other options.
you would be collecting the water vapor until it starts beading up on plastic bottle. at that point, youll have the plastic chemicals leaching out into your distilled water, making it not-so-distilled.

the above link is the way to go.... in stainless steel. then youre drinking 100% (or very close to 100%) distilled water.
I'm going by not having access to products cause the shtf
and there is no internet/stores etc...chances are the stainless
might be a bit harder to come by than the plastic

doesn't really matter to me so long as I have drinkable water

the work is sound, but if that shelter site experiences moderate levels of snow, that thing is getting washed away when the snow melts in early spring.
again in a pinch and what if it doesn't snow in that area than
Ya are Good
for an area that may have snow of course Ya would need a more
stable solution

doesn't really matter where Ya are there is always that chance of
some sorta devastation

these are just meant to be some inspiration for Peoples to use some
of the ideas if not all and build Your own with adjustments