Another Supreme Court nominee

Lisa

Superstar
I figure this will get intense..might as well start the new thread about it now.

We Have Our Options’: Pelosi Discusses Possibility Of Impeaching Trump To Stop SCOTUS Nomination

Lisa

Superstar
Though apparently he’s thinking about two women..that ends that!

Trump's Supreme Court frontrunners: A mother of seven who adopted two children from Haiti and belongs to a Christian sect that inspired The Handmaid's Tale - and a Cuban American whose father was stopped from becoming a lawyer by Castro

Lisa

Superstar
Crazy talk!

'If he holds a vote in 2020, we pack the court in 2021': Democrats threaten radical move to pack Supreme Court with extra justices if Trump's nomination goes through and they take the White House and the Senate

Lisa

Superstar
Who’s still actually quarantined? We haven’t been since MAY.
I think social distancing is a lot like quarantine...no one get close to each other. People can riot but not go to church..and God forbid sing there...there will be no worshipping of God..only looting and burning up peoples hopes, dreams and property is allowed..which is quite surprising really that someone wants to get elected and thought that would get them elected.

Anyway..do you have anything to add to the op?

Thunderian

Superstar
Who’s still actually quarantined? We haven’t been since MAY.
Churches are being fined for meeting. Wedding and funerals are called off or forced to restrict attendance. Every. Single. Time. Trump has a rally, the screeching from the left about “Teh pANdemICs!” intensifies. But protest racism, or gather to glorify someone that’s deemed worthy of foregoing all the measures that we’ve been told are necessary so we can live, and it’s all good. Stop pretending you don’t know what we’re talking about.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Breaking news....

Thunderian

Superstar
Gardner and Grassley have stated they will vote on a qualified nominee. This means the Republicans have the votes to confirm, even without Romney. But if Romney falls against Trump, they should sequester every GOP senator for their own safety.

Thunderian

Superstar
I don’t understand what you mean here.
With those two senators, the Republicans have enough votes in the senate for a majority. The last senator to declare will be Romney, and he may decline to vote as some sort of gesture or something, but even if he does agree to vote on a justice, all he would be is insurance. He’s not actually needed, yet.

It’s not beyond the realm of possibility that someone will try to assassinate a senator to disrupt the vote. I hope they all have very good security, because when the Democrats say that nothing is off the table, it’s hard to think of anything that’s not already on it. I was joking about sequestering them, but they might want to keep a low profile until the vote is taken.

Aero

Superstar
I'll bet 90% of the people who suddenly care about the Supreme Court can only name one case. Moreover, they would be dumbfounded when I tell them Chief Justice Roberts has a liberal streak.

In any case, I haven't heard of any blatant bias in the highest court. It's like people forget the massive difference between goofy local judges and a Supreme court justice.