Alex Jones Channel 100% Removed from You Tube and Facebook

Helioform

Star
Yawn. Free speech. This is about free speech. Repeat. You keep dragging Jones and your opinion of him back into this. Who has been hurt by Jones inciting violence as you term it? You do realize that there is a large silent majority not banning Fortune 500 companies who believe in free speech. Nevermind, just try and stay on subject, please. Or create a thread where you can just beat on Jones.
Like it was said on the other thread, "free speech" doesn't apply on these platforms. You agree to a TOS before you join. US law is much more complex than just the first amendment which only applies to the government:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.​

This article explains it well:

This amendment (and all of the other amendments to the Constitution) were added because the Constitution itself, according to its drafters (and the states, which had to ratify it), didn't offer enough protections for the civil liberties from the powers of government. This is very important: freedom of speech, along with the other freedoms in the first amendment, are designed to protect the liberties of the populace against an oppressive government that would seek to squash those rights in its own self-interest.

Private entities and private spaces, however, are largely not required to protect your speech, and the first amendment does not protect what you say—only your right to speak. This means that you can say what you choose, but the nature of free speech is that others are free to say what they choose as well, even if it means disagreeing with you or mounting a campaign of people to respond to you.

https://lifehacker.com/5953755/what-exactly-is-freedom-of-speech-and-how-does-it-apply-to-the-internet

The Zone

Star
Yeah. We keep having to hear this over and over in a different way. You keep derailing the discussion and are stuck on one single thing failing to see the big picture. It is all about Jones to you and user agreements, Okay. We got it. For the twentieth or so time. Nobody else is arguing user agreements but they are that they are unclear. Bro, it is as if you have to win or be the authoritarian on this and you try and guide the discussion to a place of personal comfort. You should look at the other side of the argument now and again. Research that side of things for it is not up to me to explain everything to you each time you come back talking about AJ. I can assure you that you do not know the constitution or law in my country better than I do. This whole subject of free speech is just beginning. Is this where you tell me you are a trained US attorney that just happens to reside in Canada? Seriously, you don't think this issue of free speech is over....

Aero

Superstar
I looked at Fellowship of the Minds. It looks like another hyper-partisan site. So my theory is way simpler and doesn't depend on any assumptions or hypotheticals. We are just witnessing a cycle of trends.

Hyper-partisan sites like the ones in question are only there because they replaced something else. 5-10 years ago we hardly ever saw that much hyper-charged political agendas. Aside from a few darlings of the conspiracy community, there weren't many copycats. The reason being, everyone else was copying something else.

I'm talking about all the websites that were completely dedicated to memes. Now I don't know if the market was just so saturated with Memes that all those copycats destroyed themselves, or if people got sick of it. But given the current state of things, I think people were just sick of all the meme spam.

Hyper-partisan sites have replaced the "meme" website model. And they are only using politics as a way to make their spam seem legitimate. They are essentially a stupid meme site disguised to look official. So consider that maybe people are just getting sick of it. And one side of the political spectrum is swinging first.

Helioform

Star
Hyper-partisan sites have replaced the "meme" website model. And they are only using politics as a way to make their spam seem legitimate. They are essentially a stupid meme site disguised to look official. So consider that maybe people are just getting sick of it. And one side of the political spectrum is swinging first.

I agree the whole internet atmosphere is riddled with memes, which is a term that Richard Dawkins invented to simple mean "idea." Actual internet memes are supposed to be funny pictures with words but the real memes are ideological. So it isn't that surprising to see this spread over to politics.