Abortion : The Otherside of the slippery slope

justjess

Superstar
If you’re trying to say that there wasn’t 600,000 Jews and the Bible says there was, then you are. When the Bible is inspired by God and He doesn’t lie, then there were 600,000 Jews.
I don’t think it damages anything to insist the Bible is correct.
It damages your ability to spread God’s message to people with functioning brains.

There weren’t 600,000 Jews in Egypt who just up and left one day. I’m sorry

elsbet

Superstar
Clearly our memories differ. But I don’t care anywhere near enough to go through post histories Lisa.

Idiot is probably the tamest insult on earth. But whatever.
I will disagree here, too.. calling someone an idiot is right up there with calling someone crazy. Rather than refuting a claim with valid information, you make a new claim-- you are wrong because you are mentally retarded... but that doesn't make you right, either, unfortunately.

EDIT-- DIDN'T SEE THE APOLOGY. AS FOR THE WILLFULLY OBTUSE, WE HAVE THOSE IN SPADES-- NOT CONFINED TO CHRISTIANITY THOUGH... NOT BY A LONG SHOT.

Last edited:
The Egyptians suddenly found themselves doing their own work again? ;)

Not if you don’t mention it..

Well, they have moved away from God..that’s the problem with moving away from God, you believe in myths..
Egypt would have totally collapsed if everything you believe happened had happened. There is no way to erase what kind of upheaval it would caused from the historical or archaeological record. Completely impossible. Jews don’t even believe it literally and it’s the centerpiece of their culture.

Todd

Star
Idk, you prove that you don’t know scripture and leave out parts of scripture to match what you are saying is the truth..she thinks I’m an idiot because I won’t be swayed by what she thinks is right. Not the same things at all.
No, she thinks you are an idiot because you have very poor reasoning and logic skills.

How is it the humanistic approach? There is a God and a Son and a Holy Spirit. You have yourself fooled into thinking you take the Biblical approach as you aren’t Biblical at all.
The trintiy is humanistic because it's not actually taught or mentioned in the Bible. Even the most staunch biblical scholars who support the Trinity doctrine admit it is not actually taught in the Bible. They fully acknowledge and admit it is a human construct to attempt to explain the un-explainable.

The bible approach I take is that Jesus is exactly what he is called in the bible. Jesus is the Messiah, the lamb of God, the son of man, the last adam, the anointed and yes the Son of God. As a result of his obedience God made him Lord and Christ. So yes my approach is more biblical than the Trinity doctrine.

If you’re trying to say that there wasn’t 600,000 Jews and the Bible says there was, then you are. When the Bible is inspired by God and He doesn’t lie, then there were 600,000 Jews.
I don’t think it damages anything to insist the Bible is correct.
Yes it does because literal claims in the Bible don’t stand up to reality. Does the Sun revolve around the Earth like the Bible says or does it the Earth revolve around the Sun like reality says? Copernicus proved that the Bible isn’t literal truth and it’s been proven again and again in more detail over the years.

Let me put it like this, your faith and feelings have no bearing, whatsoever, on reality.

justjess

Superstar
No... I called her an idiot because she is apparantly either incapable or unwilling to even entertain new information or anything that hasn’t been shouted at her from a pulpit.

I don’t care whether she agrees or not. Two reasonable people can disagree on things. But it’s telling that it isn’t even considered. If some historical document or archeological evidence came out showing me I’m wrong, I’d admit it and rethink my conclusions. I’ve admitted I was wrong here more than once. I’ve changed my positions when presented with new evidence more than once. I have a functioning brain.

Todd

Star
Idk, you prove that you don’t know scripture and leave out parts of scripture to match what you are saying is the truth..
Even if that were true (which it is not), how is that proof that I'm fallen, lost, unsaved. Is it your belief that salvation is dependent on perfectly knowing and understanding the Bible? Again your reasoning skills are severly lacking here. (BTW, that's just a nicer way of saying your are an idiot)

I don’t know if it has or not..but if not, then it probably wouldn’t be the first time...
Better to climb into your box of indoctrination and hide than actually think about it, eh Lisa?

Lisa

Superstar

Proves my point. If Jesus was God he didn't need to be sent by someone else did he? But Jesus clearly says here that he was sent by someone else. It also says he was here to do the will of someone else, not his own. Not something you would say if you are trying to convince others you are God. LOL!

Does he live there alone?

Wrong about what. Paul had no desire or use to learn anything about Jesus in the flesh from the disciples. How are you dispproving that?

Because it's impossible for two people to be deceived at the same time?

And how does the rest of the story disprove that Paul had no use for what Jesus taught and did in the flesh? You really are not that good at this whole reasoning/logic thing are you?
He says He has come down from Heaven..who else lives in Heaven but God?

I disproved it by using showing you the verses that you were wondering why I posted them.

That would take a miracle for it to have been deception about both Ananias and Paul.

I am, but you seem to not be understanding what I’m saying..and I don’t know if you are messing with me at this point or not.

justjess

Superstar
I will disagree here, too.. calling someone an idiot is right up there with calling someone crazy. Rather than refuting a claim with valid information, you make a new claim-- you are wrong because you are mentally retarded... but that doesn't make you right, either, unfortunately.

EDIT-- DIDN'T SEE THE APOLOGY. AS FOR THE WILLFULLY OBTUSE, WE HAVE THOSE IN SPADES-- NOT CONFINED TO CHRISTIANITY THOUGH... NOT BY A LONG SHOT.
Never said it was... and never made a claim that what I directed at Lisa was directed at Christians in general.

Lisa

Superstar
You didn’t have to tell me that you’re scientifically and historically illiterate, it shows.

No, in fact they are much better Christians than you are. Literal interpretation has done more to cause the decline in Christianity than anything else. When you say “inerrant and infallible”, and it’s easily proven that it’s full of errors and inaccuracies, any person with a mind won’t listen to anything else you have to say, the Bible is not literally true Lisa.

Origen of Alexandria was right.

“What intelligent person", Origen asked, "can imagine that there was a first "day", then a second and a third "day" – evening and morning – without the sun, the moon, and the stars … Who is foolish enough to believe that, like a human gardener, God planted a garden in Eden … I cannot imagine that anyone will doubt that these details point symbolically to spiritual meanings, by using an historical narrative which did not literally happen."
I know the Bible, so that counts for a lot.

Maybe you think its easy to prove that the Bible is full of errors..but I think it mostly has to do with your not accepting it rather than it be true. No one has to listen to anyone else..what’s your point?
The Bible is literally true, everything in it happened or is going to happen.

Origen, didn’t want to believe either so there’s his story of unbelief. Doesn’t make him right because he chose unbelief.

justjess

Superstar

I disproved it by using showing you the verses that you were wondering why I posted them.

That would take a miracle for it to have been deception about both Ananias and Paul.

I am, but you seem to not be understanding what I’m saying..and I don’t know if you are messing with me at this point or not.
Where are souls housed before we’re born? Where is heaven?

Lisa

Superstar
Of all the things people have said to others here over the years, including yourself... you choose this mountain to die on? I apologize for calling you an idiot Lisa, I should have said obtuse but wasn’t sure your grasp why.
Thanks, I appreciate your apology. :)

Lisa

Superstar
It damages your ability to spread God’s message to people with functioning brains.

There weren’t 600,000 Jews in Egypt who just up and left one day. I’m sorry
Let’s see, the Bible in Exodus 12:37 says about 600,00 men on foot, aside from children..so there were more people than that.then verse 38 says that a mixed multitude went with them and we don’t know how many that was but a multitude means a great number..so, ya, it does mean they up and left and not only that, the Egyptians wanted them gone and not only that they were told to ask the Egyptians for more of their things and they got it! Wow! That’s pretty awesome...

Lisa

Superstar
Egypt would have totally collapsed if everything you believe happened had happened. There is no way to erase what kind of upheaval it would caused from the historical or archaeological record. Completely impossible. Jews don’t even believe it literally and it’s the centerpiece of their culture.
Well, Jess..I mean Colonel, maybe you should read some of my replies to Jess?

Lisa

Superstar
No, she thinks you are an idiot because you have very poor reasoning and logic skills.

The trintiy is humanistic because it's not actually taught or mentioned in the Bible. Even the most staunch biblical scholars who support the Trinity doctrine admit it is not actually taught in the Bible. They fully acknowledge and admit it is a human construct to attempt to explain the un-explainable.

The bible approach I take is that Jesus is exactly what he is called in the bible. Jesus is the Messiah, the lamb of God, the son of man, the last adam, the anointed and yes the Son of God. As a result of his obedience God made him Lord and Christ. So yes my approach is more biblical than the Trinity doctrine.
You miss things in the Bible...I wouldn’t take your word for anything, Todd. Maybe you could fool some of the other people around you, but you aren’t fooling me, sorry.

Todd

Star
Uhm, all the angels including Satan and the 1/3 that were cast out?

Uh?
Why? Satan doesn't have the ability to deceive more than one person? Jesus himself warned against following signs and wonders did he not?

No you really aren't. I'm not messing with you intentionally, although my use of logic and reasoning seems to be tripping you up. Anyways, I apparently do not understand what you are saying. Let us start over perhaps....
Do you or do you not agree that Paul had no use for learning about what Jesus said and did in the flesh from the disciples who actually walked and talked in the flesh with him?

Let’s see, the Bible in Exodus 12:37 says about 600,00 men on foot, aside from children..so there were more people than that.then verse 38 says that a mixed multitude went with them and we don’t know how many that was but a multitude means a great number..so, ya, it does mean they up and left and not only that, the Egyptians wanted them gone and not only that they were told to ask the Egyptians for more of their things and they got it! Wow! That’s pretty awesome...
Saying that there are more people doesn’t help your arguments, it strengthens ours.

Well, Jess..I mean Colonel, maybe you should read some of my replies to Jess?
I did and you failed miserably.

Lisa

Superstar
Where are souls housed before we’re born? Where is heaven?
Psalms‬ ‭139:13-16‬
For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:13-16‬​

Up..
Lamentations‬ ‭3:50‬ ‭
Until the LORD looks down And sees from heaven.​
‭‭

justjess

Superstar
Psalms‬ ‭139:13-16‬​

For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.​

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:13-16‬​

Up..
Lamentations‬ ‭3:50‬ ‭​

Until the LORD looks down And sees from heaven.​
‭‭
Your own words Lisa.