“Trans-Racial” - the new acceptance frontier?

Tidal

Star
It's actually maddening because I want so badly to start threads in the Religious section...

Go ahead if you dare but you might get hurt..:)
How about it Rock?
"C'mon it's true, but I don't care if Tidal busts me up bad, I just wanna go the distance with him that's all.
Nobody's ever gone 12 rounds with Tidal, an' if I go them 12 rounds I'll know then I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood"

Dream on Rocky..:p

Tidal

Star
Show me the passage which states lying is permitted....as long as you have teeth to lie through.

Nah mate, the bible says fibbing is a big no-no, and christians don't do that stuff..:)
Three atheist liars that spring to mind are the BBC's David Attenborough who slipped footage of polar bears into one of his TV shows and tried to pass it off as being filmed in the wild, and the BBC's Dan Snow who said there were Brit women combat pilots in WW2.
And more recently Putin said "We beat the nazis on our own", conveniently forgtting the convoys of tanks and planes we sent in WW2, gosh don't we all hate liars..:)

elsbet

Superstar
There is a girl who genuinely identifies as a cat at my son’s school. Would it be a hate crime not to fit a cat-flap and provide a saucer of milk?!

I know I’m being slightly callous as it must be horrible to look at yourself and believe that you are meant to be something else entirely. I don’t have any hate towards confused folk, but I don’t think it should fall on the rest of society to be forever keeping up with the latest woke trends.
Forgive my memory, Red... is this girl a teenager?

"Anything could be true. The so-called laws of Nature were nonsense. The law of gravity was nonsense. ‘If I wished,’ O’Brien had said, ‘I could float off this floor like a soap bubble.’ Winston worked it out. ‘If he thinks he floats off the floor, and if I simultaneously think I see him do it, then the thing happens.’ Suddenly, like a lump of submerged wreckage breaking the surface of water, the thought burst into his mind: ‘It doesn’t really happen. We imagine it. It is hallucination.’ He pushed the thought under instantly. The fallacy was obvious. It presupposed that somewhere or other, outside oneself, there was a ‘real’ world where ‘real’ things happened. But how could there be such a world? What knowledge have we of anything, save through our own minds? All happenings are in the mind. Whatever happens in all minds, truly happens.

He had no difficulty in disposing of the fallacy, and he was in no danger of succumbing to it. He realized, nevertheless, that it ought never to have occurred to him. The mind should develop a blind spot whenever a dangerous thought presented itself. The process should be automatic, instinctive. Crimestop, they called it in Newspeak.

He set to work to exercise himself in crimestop. He presented himself with propositions -- ‘the Party says the earth is flat’, ‘the party says that ice is heavier than water’ -- and trained himself in not seeing or not understanding the arguments that contradicted them. It was not easy. It needed great powers of reasoning and improvisation. The arithmetical problems raised, for instance, by such a statement as ‘two and two make five’ were beyond his intellectual grasp. It needed also a sort of athleticism of mind, an ability at one moment to make the most delicate use of logic and at the next to be unconscious of the crudest logical errors. Stupidity was as necessary as intelligence, and as difficult to attain."

1984. The protagonist Winston talks to his torturer, O'Brien. This whole "identify myself as" thing always reminds me of that.