What Kind Of Christian Sects Are Going To Heaven?

Mr. Blah

Veteran
What kind of Christian sects are going to Heaven?

Pentacostals, Charismatics --- but cessationists they are teaching false teaching.
Calvinists --- but Arminists they are teaching false teaching.
Arminists --- but Calvinists they are teaching false semi-Pelagian teaching.

JoChris

Superstar
There are essential doctrines and then there are non-essential doctrines.

Bible-believing Charismatics, Calvinists and Arminians still believe in Jesus' deity, Trinity, salvation by faith in Jesus Christ only, Jesus' death on cross and his physical resurrection from the dead, the bible is true, and so on.
Therefore I believe the three above categories are going to Heaven.

I said bible-believing Charismatics because there is a growing group (New Apostolic Reformation) which believe in signs and wonders, miracles and the Holy Spirit so much they dismiss biblical knowledge as mere head knowledge. That is skating on thin ice.

Kung Fu

Superstar
From your average American Christian perspective, what does it matter? I say that because regardless of doctrine as long as you believe Jesus to be your Lord and Saviour and that he died for your sins of the cross you're saved and going to Heaven.

Lady

Star
Not everyone who says "Lord, Lord," will be recognized by Him.

Matt. 7:21-23

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
More of "if you believe Jesus as your Lord and Saviour who died on the cross for your sins you're saved but not everyone is saved who does this". Please stay consistent with your beliefs so we can actually have a discussion.

So which is it? Am I saved if I take Jesus as my Lord and Saviour or is there another component to it like works?

Lady

Star
More of "if you believe Jesus as your Lord and Saviour who died on the cross for your sins you're saved but not everyone is saved who does this". Please stay consistent with your beliefs so we can actually have a discussion.

So which is it? Am I saved if I take Jesus as my Lord and Saviour or is there another component to it like works?
I think you think you are replying to someone else.
I never entered the convo on the topic you state.

What kind of Christian sects are going to Heaven?

Pentacostals, Charismatics --- but cessationists they are teaching false teaching.
Calvinists --- but Arminists they are teaching false teaching.
Arminists --- but Calvinists they are teaching false semi-Pelagian teaching.
The only group who followed the teachings of Christ exactly and submitted their will to the Will of God.

JoChris

Superstar

Saved if you BELIEVE in Jesus Christ alone.
Genuine belief (faith) RESULTS in good works of some variety.

JoChris

Superstar

This passage is a proof against everything Christians claim about Jesus Christ, if only they knew.:(

Last edited:

Tatilina

Star
According to your definition then there are no genuine Christians because all Christians sin. Even the apostle Paul used the present tense and first person when describing Christians' battle with personal sin.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+7:14-25&version=KJV
Most people who consider themselves Christians are pretty stuck up, I think that's why I generally never got along with them. I don't believe there is such a thing called a genuine Christian, if there was, I've never met them. They are like the most uptight people and they think they are better than everyone else. Those two links I shared in another thread describes mosts of the typical Christian stereotypes. The only true genuine Muslim so far that I have met is Mecca, the rest I find fall in the same typical stereotype christians.

Tatilina

Star
Like I can tell when people genuinely care about others. So far I have only been able to sense it here with 4 people, none are Christian.

According to your definition then there are no genuine Christians because all Christians sin. Even the apostle Paul used the present tense and first person when describing Christians' battle with personal sin.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+7:14-25&version=KJV
Submitting one's will to the Will of God doesn't mean not sinning, otherwise we would be like the angels! Submitting one's will to the Will of God means seeking His forgiveness and turning back to Him when we sin. Why are Christians so extreme in their beliefs about works and repentence?

The Christians who will be in heaven after the Resurrection are those who followed the teachings of Jesus, not the teachings about Jesus by the self appointed apostle Paul.

Jesus said: "...Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven... forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us ..." It is God's will that when you sin you seek His Forgiveness. He is Most Merciful and Oft forgiving.

JoChris

Superstar
Like I can tell when people genuinely care about others. So far I have only been able to sense it here with 4 people, none are Christian.
Your belief system is what Christians reject. You know already what you believe and practice is directly against the Bible.

Only the most Liberal believers of any faith/ believers in name only will make you feel accepted.